Potorrillo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

Hi all.

First of all, I want to apologize if this is not the right thread, but I am new and need some help. I am from Spain and my actual phone is a Razr XT910, which I updated to ICS about one month ago. Since update, my phone is doing weird things (half the screen can get blue and blinking for hours, keyboard gets crazy and star writing alone with given apps such as Twitter, phone freezes more than it used to, Market is not working properly...). I contacted my phone company and they said the solution from Motorola was restoring it to factory setup and so have I done three times, but nothing changes. It's like everything gets removed but not the OS... My guess is something happened during the original update and somehow got defective, but I don't what else to do. I have to say that I just want to use official roms (if I need so, I'll end up rooting my phone, though)... Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Aitor.

#2 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

Moving Topic to Android Rescue Squad - Razr [GSM/UTMS]

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#3 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

Hi all.

First of all, I want to apologize if this is not the right thread, but I am new and need some help. I am from Spain and my actual phone is a Razr XT910, which I updated to ICS about one month ago. Since update, my phone is doing weird things (half the screen can get blue and blinking for hours, keyboard gets crazy and star writing alone with given apps such as Twitter, phone freezes more than it used to, Market is not working properly...). I contacted my phone company and they said the solution from Motorola was restoring it to factory setup and so have I done three times, but nothing changes. It's like everything gets removed but not the OS... My guess is something happened during the original update and somehow got defective, but I don't what else to do. I have to say that I just want to use official roms (if I need so, I'll end up rooting my phone, though)... Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Aitor.

It's not a big deal, I moved it for you, someone who knows GSM better than I do, I am sure will be more than happy to help you soon :) Have you tried going into recovery and clearing cache on top of doing a factory restore?

I assume GSM would be the same, Power the phone off,
press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons and then press the power button, in the menu, Press Volume Down to highlight Recovery, then press Volume Up.
When you see a green upside down android, press both volume buttons,
Go to clear cache, hit the power button to accept, and reboot..
  • Potorrillo likes this

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#4 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Im not sure if there is an fxz for the gsm razr but it might be worth looking into. Sometimes ota updates can get corrupted upon download and cause issues. I will look around and see what i can find. Mind you that a fxz will wipe your phone like the factory data reset did but it will also rewrite image files that may have been corrupted.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  • Potorrillo likes this

#5 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

Is Yoigo your carrier?

#6 Potorrillo

Potorrillo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

Yes, that's my carrier.

BTW, thank you very much in advance for helping me!

#7 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

Here is the link to the fastboot files for your phone. Just download it to your computer. I will get you a link to rsd lite and some directions here soon. What operating system do you have on your computer?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#8 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

Here is a download link for the rsd lite that i use.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#9 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

Here are the directions for using rsd lite after you get it installed on your computer.

BOOT INTO BOOT MODE SELECTION MENU (AKA FASTBOOT

MENU): 1. Power down your device 2. Press and hold the Vol+ and Vol- keys, then press and hold the power button until a white screen appears and you can now release all three buttons. 3. Use the Vol- key (and ONLY the Vol- key) to scroll through the list. Scroll until “AP Fastboot” is highlighted and press the Vol+ key to select it.

PREPARE TO FLASH THE FASTBOOT FILES: 1. Connect the USB cable to both your PC and phone. NOTE: At this time, you may see drivers trying to install but they may not all be successful (that’s okay). But your computer does need to recognize your Razr as a ADB interface device (if it does not, you probably do not have ADB configured properly and you will not be able to flash your phone. 2. Open RSD Lite and use the program (button to the right of the “Filename:” box) to open the .zip file containing your fastboot files. 3. When prompted, select the “Uncompress Only” button on your PC. 4. After it has uncompressed the files, ensure that RSD Lite shows “connected” on one of the ports and make sure that your phone shows “USB Connected”. If you are still not connected you may need to unplug the device and plug it back in (I had to do this one of the times I did this procedure). 5. Press the “Start” button at the top of the RSD Lite application and let it do it’s thing. Don’t touch the phone, don’t unplug the phone…just walk away or sit quietly and watch. RSD Lite will show you the current status and there are many steps listed that it must go though (it goes really fast until step 12). This process should take approximately 15-20 minutes in total so BE PATIENT and just wait! 6. Once the 18 steps have completed, your phone will reboot…JUST KEEP WAITING. You will see the stock recovery screen and it will need a few minutes to flash the factory ROM. 7. When you see the phone’s lock screen you disconnect the USB cable and close RSD Lite. 8. Breathe a sigh of relief…cause you have restored your phone to factory condition!

#10 Potorrillo

Potorrillo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

Thank you!

I'll try to do so.

I'm working with Windows Vista, BTW.

#11 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

Thank you!

I'll try to do so.

I'm working with Windows Vista, BTW.

All should work well on Vista. Hope this helps your issues.

#12 Potorrillo

Potorrillo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

Hi!

I tried to flash the phone but the process stopped on step 6 saying "flash process failed"... Do you what can be going on?

#13 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

sounds like a bad download

#14 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Probably what rick said. I would try redownloading the fxz. Sometimes it takes a few times since its such a big file. I apologize that it didnt work the first time.

#15 Potorrillo

Potorrillo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

At least, I tried to clear cache, but still having half the screen blinking in blue... Fingers crossed for you to get the files.

#16 Potorrillo

Potorrillo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

When I downloaded the files, it took three times to download the whole .zip, so I'm not sure that's the problem... Since the process failure, I can only turn on my phone pressing volume and power buttons. Otherwise, it keeps saying flash failed...

#17 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

you need to get that download again,the 3-part download is what worries me,the 3 button push will get you to apfastboot after you get file

#18 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:44 AM

keep phone off to save battery(this is a must) until you get ready for flashing

#19 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

Thanks for helping rickw. I just woke up so i feel bad i didnt reply right away.

#20 Potorrillo

Potorrillo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

When I downloaded the files, it took three times to download the whole .zip, so I'm not sure that's the problem... Since the process failure, I can only turn on my phone pressing volume and power buttons. Otherwise, it keeps saying flash failed...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ICS, defective, help, assistance, razr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users