138 replies to this topic

#61 SimsDelt

SimsDelt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Twitter:johnmsims

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

Loving this ROM so far... when I had my GNex I didn't like it... but I love it now... runs great.

#62 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:@disc_or_die
  • Google+:plus.google.com/104749243954429604279/
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

I never thought the RAZR would get PA, nice work istick. The Devs working on RAZR are a true gem, cheers!

Work asked wtf I was doing on my phone as of late, so I have scaled back the crack flashing a tad. I will have to give this a whirl though this weekend

#63 a4udi98

a4udi98

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

I just had an issue with recharging the battery. I charged it all the way up and then let it die. I then plugged it into the wall to get the giant battery icon to indicate it was charging. Once it got to 40% I unplugged the phone and booted into the ROM again, however the battery indicator said 1% and immediately shut off.

Don't think it's a battery problem, as I was able to successfully boot into another ROM and the battery indicator in SS is correct. Tried to wipe cache/davlik and fix permissions but neither worked.

#64 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Need to Calibrate battery. Make it a practice with every flash

#65 jagman

jagman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

I downloaded this last night and like it a lot. I'm also on Full Throttle CNA. This ROM so far holds DATA much better. I love the new Gmail interface as well as Yahoo Y!Mail app. Obviously it would be nice to get the camera flash and BT up and running but we all know that is nothing you can do about it for now.

In terms of requests, having the basic email client inverted would be awesome. I have 4 work related email addresses and the white screen eats battery life. It would also be awesome if that could be done to the Y!Mail email client. I know it can be done for the regular email client since that was done with Full Throttle CNA. Can their email client be imported by an end user? That would save you the extra work. As for the Y!Mail app, I've yet to see it inverted... makes me think their isn't much demand. Either way it would be nice. Lastly, CNA allows for a lot of modifications with built in toggles and weather viewing. Is that possible with paranoid android? That would be awesome.

Anyways... I think this is a solid ROM. I'm definitely keeping it!

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

#66 xepicxacidx

xepicxacidx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Might be a dumb question but when I switch to any ui it displays really weird not anything like it should. Is this supposed to happen?

#67 istick

istick

• Developer
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

I downloaded this last night and like it a lot. I'm also on Full Throttle CNA. This ROM so far holds DATA much better. I love the new Gmail interface as well as Yahoo Y!Mail app. Obviously it would be nice to get the camera flash and BT up and running but we all know that is nothing you can do about it for now.

In terms of requests, having the basic email client inverted would be awesome. I have 4 work related email addresses and the white screen eats battery life. It would also be awesome if that could be done to the Y!Mail email client. I know it can be done for the regular email client since that was done with Full Throttle CNA. Can their email client be imported by an end user? That would save you the extra work. As for the Y!Mail app, I've yet to see it inverted... makes me think their isn't much demand. Either way it would be nice. Lastly, CNA allows for a lot of modifications with built in toggles and weather viewing. Is that possible with paranoid android? That would be awesome.

Anyways... I think this is a solid ROM. I'm definitely keeping it!

The major difference is that this is just a stock base ROM whereas FT CNA is a customized/tweaked ROM using the CNA base. This was put out so other devs could do much of the same with PA. The same goes for the AOKP/PA that I'm uploading tonight. Of course, after I have both bases uploaded, I will be doing some of the same myself.

how do i enable soft keys ?

Assuming you're referring to them being in the PA guide pictures. Those aren't from the RAZR, rather they are 'stock' images you'll find in most PA posts.

#68 jbartolovich

jbartolovich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCleveland Area
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

which do you prefer CM10 or AOKP

#69 aarnold0805

aarnold0805

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Twitter:aarnold3273
  • Google+:aarnold0805@gmail.com
  • LocationRiverton, WY.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

which do you prefer CM10 or AOKP

AOKP

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Sent from my 209 KOA RAZR

#70 jbartolovich

jbartolovich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCleveland Area
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

AOKP

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Noob here, Why?

#71 mdowns989

mdowns989

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Twitter:@mdowns989
  • Google+:+Michael Downs
  • LocationCentral Coast Cali.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

IS there a way to enable soft Keys on this ROM? Looked through all of it and tried a couple zips made for other roms and no dice.. bootloops... anyone?...anyone?...

#72 a4udi98

a4udi98

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

Need to Calibrate battery. Make it a practice with every flash

I did that actually and encountered this issue after it drained.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#73 istick

istick

• Developer
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Testing the AOKP/PA hybrid. It should be uploaded and posted in the OP tonight.

#74 istick

istick

• Developer
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

AOKP/PA is uploaded. Check the OP for the link.

#75 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Maxx

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

This may be a dumb question...I don't care for the small system menu.,..etc...Can that be changed? (maybe I'm too "Paranoid")
Posted Image

#76 istick

istick

• Developer
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

This may be a dumb question...I don't care for the small system menu.,..etc...Can that be changed? (maybe I'm too "Paranoid")

You can change it like any other individual app. Going into Paranoid Settings, Apps, and then scroll down to Settings. It's like any other apk.

#77 jagman

jagman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

I just started playing around with modifying app size and layout. Frickin killer is all I can say. Paranoid is definitely my favorite ROM now. Thank you for bringing it to the RAZR family!

#78 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

I was playing around with it last night, The thing I really want to comment again on is...This is really cool. I know this wasn't an easy task getting PA to work with the RAZR. I seriously thought we'd never see the light of day with this Android Source. What's even cooler is you uploading your source for all the other Devs to start doing their voodoo. droidrzr.com is one of the best sites hands down, great work man.

I started to play around with the CM10 version last night, and I actually found it a little clunky. I think that is just me and having to learn the new interface is what is throwing me off a bit. Not used to it all being on one screen with the settings and options. I am actually going to install the AOKP version later today, as I am an AOKP junky. Now, if you guys get a CNA base working then the Razr will be stacked!!!!!

#79 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Noob here, Why?

There is a good article floating around on XDA or maybe it's here on droidrzr.com about the differences between the two. CM10 is a little faster and plays a little better with the phone, but AOKP opens the door for far more customization. Both are great pieces of software and are very similar. I like AOKP because it gives me a little more freedom to change and do things my way. I also think it looks a little better graphics wise. But really it all comes down to swagger. Since I started using AOKP, the swagger just drips off the 'ol TARDIS like a fine wine. Can't keep the intergalactic babes from banging on the door of this tiny blue box ;)

#80 detr0yt

detr0yt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationDetroit MI.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

Man.... I have the stock Base P.A.Hybrid running..AND ITS RUNNING GREAT.... I have had one random reboot in like 4 or 5 days..now we have AOKP ! ANYONE RUNNING THIS BEAST YET? Any screen shots yet... thanks ISTICK by the way... great job

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users