1212 replies to this topic

#761 sternyy

sternyy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

I got in to recovery, selected "apply update from external storage" and got the error "E:failed to mount /sdcard (invalid aurgument) How do I mount my sd card?

#762 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

I got in to recovery, selected "apply update from external storage" and got the error "E:failed to mount /sdcard (invalid aurgument) How do I mount my sd card?

when you ran the utility etc (im assumming you ran the utility to go back to stock) did you let it boot up completely prior to going into recovery to apply the update? ... also did you leave your USB plugged into the computer? .. sometimes that will cause the sdcard to be unmounted....

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#763 johnnyfrost

johnnyfrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

I absolutely was forced into the update. My phone took it as an OTA download, not initiated by me. Every time I booted after that I got the prompt to apply the update.

And I'm not complaining- just sharing my experience for others. I think some may want to know for instance that the weather app (among others) are gone with this update.

Even though your phone downloaded it, it still only prompted you. you hit ok. you could have googled the update or checked this site before installing.
As far as the changes you listed making you not happy - you can download apps that will give you a weather widget and clock widget, etc. Just because the built in stuff is gone you can always get some form of them back.

#764 blindman

blindman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

I just spent the last week learning to root and flash ROMs. I flashed Flick and everything is running fine and a free hotspot with unlimited data.

Why the heck would I want to go to all the trouble of starting all over and setting up the phone again to get JB. Am I missing something here? If I'm understanding correctly ROMs like Flick will not work with JB.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#765 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

I just spent the last week learning to root and flash ROMs. I flashed Flick and everything is running fine and a free hotspot with unlimited data.

Why the heck would I want to go to all the trouble of starting all over and setting up the phone again to get JB. Am I missing something here? If I'm understanding correctly ROMs like Flick will not work with JB.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

right as of right now the ROMs that we have will not work with the JB update.... at this point doing the upgrade/update is completely a matter of choice.... believe it or not there are still a few people that still have not taken the ICS update because they like what they have and have their GB set up just the way they want.... me personally i am really enjoying the JB update :)

jhf.png

#766 papabliss2007

papabliss2007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

Anyone else experience an issue with phone calls coming across the speaker even though that wasn't choosen?

#767 sternyy

sternyy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Looks like it was my micro-sd card. I tried a new one and it mounted.

#768 nobreak1970

nobreak1970

Transition Leader from Rombot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

This has been working very well for me all day today. I'm not sure why it's using an ICS kernel that was compiled on the 11th of this month.
God bless.

#769 bfederspill

bfederspill

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRoy, Utah
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

I have JB stock rom which I sideloaded (from this forum) to from rooted ICS. I used superuser with temp unroot. I lost root, and can't get it back. I have tried the restore root zip with an I/O error?? Can anyone help? TIA - Mike

Welcome to the club, I forgot to update the binaries so I lost root also. We will just have to wait until someone develops a root program for us. But look at the bright side we are on JB. :-)

Sent from my RAZR Maxx

#770 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

I wrote instructions on keeping root and it works if you follow directions :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  • jtelander and desdecardo like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#771 cbr929

cbr929

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

i have JB downloaded, should i boot into recovery and wipe cache or anything like that after the update finishes loading, i guess i want to start with a clean slate,

#772 papabliss2007

papabliss2007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

Welcome to the club, I forgot to update the binaries so I lost root also. We will just have to wait until someone develops a root program for us. But look at the bright side we are on JB. :-)

Sent from my RAZR Maxx

Are you connecting as media device (MTP)? I received errors when running Matt's restore root until I switched to MTP.

#773 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

i have JB downloaded, should i boot into recovery and wipe cache or anything like that after the update finishes loading, i guess i want to start with a clean slate,

if you have previously done anything with or to your phone... e.g. rooting, ROMs, custom recovery, deleted bloatware, etc etc... you should use Matt's 1.82 utility to get a fresh clean slate to start with.... then follow the directions in the OP of this thread... and follow them closely :) and you should have success :)

jhf.png

#774 stealthpope

stealthpope

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

How's everyone's battery life on this one? I'm seeing some saying great, others saying horrible. Kind of hard to judge battery when I keep messing with it. :) also, was a pleasant surprise that they update the desk dock clock to the current one I believe is used on the HD versions. I really HATED the one on ICS.

#775 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

I have JB stock rom which I sideloaded (from this forum) to from rooted ICS. I used superuser with temp unroot. I lost root, and can't get it back. I have tried the restore root zip with an I/O error?? Can anyone help? TIA - Mike

did you use the temp unroot feature in superuser... or did you use Voodoo's OTA rootkeeper?

jhf.png

#776 desdecardo

desdecardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Ok. Props to Matt for making this post and making it flawless to upgrade (baring following the OP word for word). Love having native JB on this Phone and if I could donate to Matt's brew fund, I would. :) All though if he is ever in the area, I would buy him a few rounds. :)

If people are having probs. Follow the first 2 posts. You should be fine.

If you go through the first post and have root, do the second just to be safe. Mine seemed to have root and be safe, but I ran into problems just downloading a root required application (TiTbU). So I ran the restore root and everything worked. The key is making sure your SuperUser is to the numbers in the OP.

And not varying from this. When you restart make sure your device is disconnected from your PC. (Try to do a search for forum topics I have posted and you will find the lesson I learned from that). Only have your device connected when you are running 1.82. Or when required. When you reboot, disconnect from your PC.

It will lessen the risks of treading in these unknown waters until we can get a root for this. :)

Im already debloating and working on stuff like compiling odd stuff. If I have the time, I will hand what I have off to people. But usually other people are quicker than I on this. :)

Just follow the first two posts in this topic, you will be golden. :) All you need is the 1.82 utilities (forum topic) and the restore root (which has been linked numerous times under this topic) and you will have a rooted OTA JB. :)

And... thanks Mattlgroff for rockin on this. :) You sir, deserve a medal.
  • johnthehillbilly likes this
~~Current Rom: Black Widow HDish~~

#777 foganime

foganime

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Well that will be fun trying to get all my apps back without TiBU..

Same thing happened to me... you at least can install all your .apk's again manually from the /TitaniumBackup folder.
But you can't restore their settings, etc. without root.

#778 foxisbubba

foxisbubba

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

Sent from my RAZR Maxx

so the I/O error can't be fixed or rooted then?

#779 foxisbubba

foxisbubba

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

did you use the temp unroot feature in superuser... or did you use Voodoo's OTA rootkeeper?

superuser

#780 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

superuser

My post says Voodoo OTA Root keeper.... not Superuser temp unroot.

Surprised it didn't work?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users