xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

If they read the OP they'll know immediately.

X

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• Digital Cha0s likes this

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#222 Digital Cha0s

Digital Cha0s

Just an Experienced N00B here :D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Twitter:@digitalcha0s
  • LocationB-Town
  • Current Device(s):Razr, Razr Maxx HD, Nexus 7 & MotoX

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:33 AM

woot woot!!!!! Now this is awesome..... great work my friend, and now for some Jelly Beans
Posted Image

#223 droidrazr99

droidrazr99

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Will this run on on Windows 8 Microsoft has made it harder to get permissions my windows 8 PC says I'm not allowed to run scripts any ideas Thanks

#224 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Will this run on on Windows 8 Microsoft has made it harder to get permissions my windows 8 PC says I'm not allowed to run scripts any ideas Thanks

Can't right click the file and run as admin? I had 8 for a short time and absolutely hated it so went back to 7
Posted Image

#225 nukeruss

nukeruss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:nukeruss
  • Google+:nukeruss
  • LocationPalmyra, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx XT912

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

I used it on 8 with no problems.:rolleyes:

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx booting JB leak based ROM while maintaining stock ICS. (JB Dual Boot - XT912)

#226 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

You do not have to do anything to your stock rom except update your safestrap to version 3.07 or newer. Just follow the directions from Post 70 and you'll be all set.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

ok, nukeruss, I updated the drivers fm the Drivers directory that I unzipped to my desktop fm the latest WLM version of DualBoot311 & rebooted.

Then I went into AP FB mode on my Maxx (ver 0A.74) connected to my PC, chose Option 2 to install the DualBoot ver of SS311 (prev, I did ask if this util handles the upgrade fm SS3.05 to the dualboot 3.11 version).

After entering '2' to install Dual Boot SS3.11 & pressing any key to continue, the only thing to happen was that I got an asterisk enclosed by parentheses or brackets. Nothing else on the PC screen, or on the FB screen on my Maxx.

I hit Control C to end the batch process & tried again, fm the Safe side, rather than fm the non-safe side I 1st tried.

Same result, nothing. The FB screen tells me, besides the ver of AP FB, that eMMC info size is 16 Gb, the device is locked, & the status code is 0.

From which side should I go into AP FB mode, non-safe or safe?

I've got 2.15 on my non-safe side, & SS3.05 & I am rooted there (& on safe side as well), my rooted File Mgr, Slide Explorer on non-safe side works & root permission popup granting root shows up.

What should I do next to get Dual Boot running on my Maxx?

tia,

Sent fm my Eclipse'd XT912 using Xparent Tapatalk Blue 2

Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#227 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

ok, nukeruss, I updated the drivers fm the Drivers directory that I unzipped to my desktop fm the latest WLM version of DualBoot311 & rebooted.

Then I went into AP FB mode on my Maxx (ver 0A.74) connected to my PC, chose Option 2 to install the DualBoot ver of SS311 (prev, I did ask if this util handles the upgrade fm SS3.05 to the dualboot 3.11 version).

After entering '2' to install Dual Boot SS3.11 & pressing any key to continue, the only thing to happen was that I got an asterisk enclosed by parentheses or brackets. Nothing else on the PC screen, or on the FB screen on my Maxx.

I hit Control C to end the batch process & tried again, fm the Safe side, rather than fm the non-safe side I 1st tried.

Same result, nothing. The FB screen tells me, besides the ver of AP FB, that eMMC info size is 16 Gb, the device is locked, & the status code is 0.

From which side should I go into AP FB mode, non-safe or safe?

I've got 2.15 on my non-safe side, & SS3.05 & I am rooted there (& on safe side as well), my rooted File Mgr, Slide Explorer on non-safe side works & root permission popup granting root shows up.

What should I do next to get Dual Boot running on my Maxx?

tia,

I don't think you need to be in AP fastboot to install SS? I may be wrong but since you can install via an APK on the stock side i don't see why fastboot mode would be needed. I'm still on 3.07 with no issues so I haven't even upgraded this utility as of yet and it just plain works. I don't have the need to flash stock.

Does AP fastboot even care what side you're on when you run it? I was under the impression fastboot is it's own stand alone program and will rely on the primary kernel
Posted Image

#228 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Fastboot doesn't care. It handles what I would call "raw" data.

X

• stealthmouse, Nitewolf and johnthehillbilly like this

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#229 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

X

Thanks. Didn't think it did.
Posted Image

#230 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

X

+1

best description of "fastboot" yet
  • Nitewolf likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#231 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Updated OP.
Added Linux and Mac Support (thanks to SubZero2000)

Make sure if you see SubZero, you give him a big hug. Let me know how it runs.

X

Gee, how did I miss that? Lol, it's right before my post. However, even so, I can see avoiding some confusion every now and then by separating the two. "What version of the utility are you using?"

Not the end of the world I know but it seems to me it invites unnecessary posts in an already long thread. I can live with it though. I'll yield on this one. :)

#232 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

nitewolf, I'm no rom noob, or recovery noob, but I'm not as well versed on kernels…

nukeruss made a great post that xlight points to as a guide for his Dual boot util & rightly so.

He [nukeruss] told me I could move ahead w/my setup (see above) & just install the dual boot SS311 apk & go fm there to install a jb rom & flash the jb kernel. xLight was great to explain what I missed about the order for those steps, but since the util didn't let me install that apk, I am unclear on how to proceed.

I installed SS3.05 on non-safe side when upgraging fm SS2 per hashcode's instructions & I'm not sure why the util (the latest WLM version) wouldn't install the dual boot SS apk for me.

I could do it 'by hand', & copy the apk fm my Win7 64 bit desktop (yes, I installed the 64 bit moto drivers…) to my external sd card via a Mass Storage connection; but…

on which side shall I install it?

My gut tells me to do it on the safe side, to circumvent any chance that a dual boot SS might be a source of future unknown probs if installed on the non-safe side… but I'm not the one to ask, I don't know kernels like xlight, nor have I come even close to writing a util like dual boot, but that's why I need a bit more help.

So please, someone, enlighten me on how to proceed to get that apk onto my Maxx & into which side should I install it?

thanks in advance, & xlight, PLEASE do not let my trying to point out where I got confused be something you take as criticism. it is my inexperience w/kernels & how to work around what moto has done to us by locking the bootloader.

Here's hoping I can get this util toerock my Razr Maxx!

Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#233 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

ok, folks, I confused hashcode's SS3 install instructions i.e. must be on non-safe side to install w/what xlight's excellent util telling me I can upgrade my ss305 to 311 as an option in FB mode & when the util apparently 'balked' at installing ss311, I mistakenly thought it mattered which side you are on when you shut down to go into AP Fastboot mode… ok, it wasn't my best assumption…

I still don't know how to proceed.

I'm guessing that I can copy the SS apk fm this util's directory on my PC's Desktop to my external SD card & uninstall the ss305 while in non-safe side (right?), & install the ss311 that dual boots (do all ss311s dual boot, or only what xlight included?, please advise) & reboot.

Then I'm guessing I can just go into SS recovery, install a JB rom into my Slot2, go into FB mode to use the util to flash the JB kernel, restart & proceed to enjoy my newly dual-bootable Razr Maxx…

thanks in advance

Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#234 Cyrors

Cyrors

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

ok, folks, I confused hashcode's SS3 install instructions i.e. must be on non-safe side to install w/what xlight's excellent util telling me I can upgrade my ss305 to 311 as an option in FB mode & when the util apparently 'balked' at installing ss311, I mistakenly thought it mattered which side you are on when you shut down to go into AP Fastboot mode… ok, it wasn't my best assumption…

I still don't know how to proceed.

I'm guessing that I can copy the SS apk fm this util's directory on my PC's Desktop to my external SD card & uninstall the ss305 while in non-safe side (right?), & install the ss311 that dual boots (do all ss311s dual boot, or only what xlight included?, please advise) & reboot.

Then I'm guessing I can just go into SS recovery, install a JB rom into my Slot2, go into FB mode to use the util to flash the JB kernel, restart & proceed to enjoy my newly dual-bootable Razr Maxx…

thanks in advance

Let me see if I can help you out. I think the easiest way for you to proceed is to boot to the non safe slot, which would be your stock rom. Upgrade SafeStrap to 3.11 (Using the straight APK might be easier, this might help

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) NOTE: There is not a "special version" of safestrap for use with the dualboot utility, the utility comes with the same one that is provided by hashcode. For the next step I always boot into safestrap and make sure everything is working. If all looks good, shut down phone and boot in AP Fastboot Mode. Flash JB kernel with dualboot utility. Now boot phone into safestrap and install JB Rom in an open slot and enjoy. If ever you want to boot ICS again all you need to do is boot into AP Fastboot and install ICS kernel with dual boot utility. Note: If you boot a ROM in which you do not have kernel active (IE: ICS rom with KB kernel) your phone will not completely boot but you can reset it with both volume buttons and power.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

#235 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

Well this is what I did, even though it may have been more dramatic than what was needed but making major changes to my phone I like to start out fresh. Call me anal if you want lol.

I fastbooted back to stock .211 using Matts utility. This was AFTER wiping my sd and sd-ext of all data. (really had nothing serious to keep on them). You may want to make a backup of whatever you have on yours.

So now I have a clean system and stock. I installed root with the same utility (matts) and then installed SS3.07 via the apk file I put on my sd-ext. I suppose xlightwaverx's utility will do the same to install SS and root but I'm sure you do it while not in AP fastboot mode... the same way you would in Matts utility. USB debugging on and not in mass storage mode.

You may or may not want to upgrade to .215 before you root. Your choice.

So now I am stock (.211 or .215) rooted with SS installed. I activated rom slot 1 and flashed a JB based rom on it. Then go into APfastboot ..Use xlightwaverx's utility to flash JB mode and then simply reboot while rom slot 1 was still activated. You can install other JB roms into slots without reflashing JB mode. If I want to use an ICS based rom or go back to stock side I would need to use the dual boot utility to flash 211 .....or 215 if I had it on stock. Reboot while the slot was active and I'm back to ICS.

Hope this clears up any confusion.
I have done it 2 ways to flash back and forth. Either activate the rom slot first then flash the mode or flash the mode then activate the slot.

And yes the phone will hang if you forgot which kernel you flashed and try to run the "opposite" rom.

Update su binaries first. Don't know if it's needed to dual boot but I did to be safe.

Edited by Nitewolf, 08 January 2013 - 06:44 AM.

• droidrazr99 likes this
Posted Image

#236 deboyz1014

deboyz1014

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

I did this on my phone 211 and my wife's phone 215 and both work perfectly.

1. Go back to stock side ROM
2. Uninstall whatever version of safestrap you have installed, be it 3.07 or 3.11 doesn't matter
3. Run utility and choose the option to install Safestrap
4. Go to phone, run Safestrap and install
5. Power down phone > Boot into AP fast mode (Volume + - and power key)
6. Run JBdualboot bat if you closed it previously, choose option to install JB Kernel
7. Reboot phone and choose option to go into safestrap (3 bars bottom left)
8. Create Rom Slot 1 2 or 3 gig depend on your preference
9. Install ROM > Reboot system > Profit.

#237 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

cyrors, nitewolf, & deboyz, thanks for your input.

deboyz your numbered list is easily digestible, taking all practical steps into account. thanks
cyrors, thanks for confirming that there is no special version of ss311.

thanks to nitewolf for his patience & input.

Looks like I'll be good to go later when I get home.

But why didn't the util install SS311 when I chose that option?

All the best
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#238 Cyrors

Cyrors

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

cyrors, nitewolf, & deboyz, thanks for your input.

deboyz your numbered list is easily digestible, taking all practical steps into account. thanks
cyrors, thanks for confirming that there is no special version of ss311.

thanks to nitewolf for his patience & input.

Looks like I'll be good to go later when I get home.

But why didn't the util install SS311 when I chose that option?

All the best

I think for the utility to install SS you need to be booted to non-safe side (stock rom) and NOT have usb mass storage mode enabled, select one of the other modes.

#239 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

I think for the utility to install SS you need to be booted to non-safe side (stock rom) and NOT have usb mass storage mode enabled, select one of the other modes.

OK, so for the SS311 install, you are NOT supposed to be in FB mode!? Didn't see anything about that, or don't remember…

Thanks again for your help.

Now that I've got all the ideas in a row, it seems a lot more straightforward.

When I get home tonite I hope to get this done.

Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#240 Cyrors

Cyrors

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

OK, so for the SS311 install, you are NOT supposed to be in FB mode!? Didn't see anything about that, or don't remember…

Thanks again for your help.

Now that I've got all the ideas in a row, it seems a lot more straightforward.

When I get home tonite I hope to get this done.

Correct, FB mode is only used to flash the kernels.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users