Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Well,
I followed every process given to the tee...still do Not have the option to boot JB Duel...followed post 70 to the tee, following several other options that really make sense but just can not make it work...Fastboot I've tried more times than Post on this forum including suggested process from Stock or from slots...

What's PiS S's me off is the total cluster of options/ confusions /conflicts...never mind its not important...

I considered myself pretty savoy and spent 4 days trying to make this work with every suggestion given...
Any ways JB Duel does not work or Duel for me...

Its Bubba
~Stubborn in Your Bones~

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#262 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

I'll take a shot. :) Really what it boils down to, once you have the correct version of safestrap installed you can go from JB to ICS from any rom. You don't need to go back to stock. If you're on JB and want to boot to an ICS rom, boot to fastboot mode and flash the ICS kernel using the utility. Then boot into safestrap and select the ICS rom you want to boot to (assuming you already have an ICS rom installed to one of the slots). If you don't have an ICS rom installed in any of the slots, install one to one of the slots, reboot, and you're running ICS again. If you're running an ICS rom and want to go to JB, it's the other way around. Boot to fastboot, flash the JB kernel, boot to safestrap and select a slot with JB on it and reboot. It doesn't matter what rom you're on when you flash the kernel. Fastboot and the rom you're running have no bearing on each other.

Awesome process...but I can't seem to make it work...I have followed every Idea, You're Process seems to be the one that is specific and makes the most sense and I can not get it working...Anyways, Thank you very much for your time...I will keep plugging but I have tried Everyone Ideas and Posts... Its Bubba

#263 txkssnapper

txkssnapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD, tf300t

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

For anyone who is having issues make sure that your rom-slot was created with safestrap 3.11. I tried installing JB kernel roms on to rom-slots created with 3.04 or 3.05, and I was unable to boot, but after deleting the rom-slot recreating it and flashing, it has worked flawlessly.

#264 nukeruss

nukeruss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:nukeruss
  • Google+:nukeruss
  • LocationPalmyra, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx XT912

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Bubba,
Where are you getting stuck in the process.
Do you have safestrap 3.11 installed?
Were you able to flash the JB Kernel?
Were you able to install a JB based ROM in a Rom Slot?
If I knew where you were stuck then I could probably guide you through the process. I already flashed the leak to my stock side or I would make a video of the process and post it. My wife's phone is still on ICS but she will not let me play with it.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

#265 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Bubba,
Where are you getting stuck in the process.
Do you have safestrap 3.11 installed?
Were you able to flash the JB Kernel?
Were you able to install a JB based ROM in a Rom Slot?
If I knew where you were stuck then I could probably guide you through the process. I already flashed the leak to my stock side or I would make a video of the process and post it. My wife's phone is still on ICS but she will not let me play with it.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Hello Captain Nukeruss...

Every Post is Awesome to do this Process...Pretty Basic I might say... :) I thought.

Not sure, where I am getting stuck B-cuz I've followed every Post Including yours to make this happen...Even before I post this.

Any hoooo this is what I've Done!!
  • 3.11 is Installed, No Issues at all with this
  • Yes, a JB Leak Flash...BatakangRom_XT912_Alpha6.zip, plus the Gapp that goes with it...everything downloads okay seems short to me compare to others I've D-Loads
  • JB will Not Flash into any Slot...Its goes to a Black Screen, which tell me its not the Jelly Bean Kernel...Still ICS
  • I've been on Utilities to Flash thats where it tells me "Waiting for Device" sits there looking pretty..
Don't touch your Wife's Phone will be reading about you in the paper...Person Mysteriously Missing...The Wife Got-Cha... :o

Thanks my Friend..

Its Bubba

#266 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

Hello Captain Nukeruss...

Every Post is Awesome to do this Process...Pretty Basic I might say... :) I thought.

Not sure, where I am getting stuck B-cuz I've followed every Post Including yours to make this happen...Even before I post this.

Any hoooo this is what I've Done!!

• 3.11 is Installed, No Issues at all with this
  • Yes, a JB Leak Flash...BatakangRom_XT912_Alpha6.zip, plus the Gapp that goes with it...everything downloads okay seems short to me compare to others I've D-Loads
  • JB will Not Flash into any Slot...Its goes to a Black Screen, which tell me its not the Jelly Bean Kernel...Still ICS
  • I've been on Utilities to Flash thats where it tells me "Waiting for Device" sits there looking pretty..
Don't touch your Wife's Phone will be reading about you in the paper...Person Mysteriously Missing...The Wife Got-Cha... :o

Thanks my Friend..

Its Bubba

Sorry your having so many issues Bubba. But as you have stated, this is an easy process if you understand it, and Nukeruss has described/documented it very well. I would suggest that you jump into the Chatroom to get some live help as opposed to more posts here....I have Dual Boot singing thanks to lightwaver!!

#267 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

Sorry your having so many issues Bubba. But as you have stated, this is an easy process if you understand it, and Nukeruss has described/documented it very well. I would suggest that you jump into the Chatroom to get some live help as opposed to more posts here....I have Dual Boot singing thanks to lightwaver!!

Its okay my friend...its a missing step that I can not find...Damn

Its Bubba
~Stubborn In Your Bones ~

#268 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Its okay my friend...its a missing step that I can not find...Damn

Its Bubba
~Stubborn In Your Bones ~

OK, your call. Here is my educated guess having done this a ton.....your phone is not in the right mode for Fastboot, hence the "waiting for device" message. Boot ur phone to ur Stock ICS ROM and power up the phone. Make sure that USB Debugging is enabled and that you are NOT Mass Storage. Choose MTP. Reboot to Fastboot and try flashing the kernel again with Dual boot.

Like I said having done this many, many times, that is my guess and suggestion. Good Luck

#269 nukeruss

nukeruss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:nukeruss
  • Google+:nukeruss
  • LocationPalmyra, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx XT912

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

So it sounds like your issue is with the utility. Waiting for device means that either your phone is not in AP Fastboot Mode or the Motorola Drivers are not intalled correctly or are out of date. I think that the utility download included Motorola drivers. Make sure that you install them and then reboot your computer before moving on. Also AP Fastboot mode is required to flash the JB Kernel, you get into that mode by turning your phone off and then holding down both volume up and down and then holding the power button. It should immediately start and show you a menu. select fastboot by using down volume to navigate and then the up volume to select. No plug your phone into your computer and your phone should say something like connected usb or something. Windows should install the drivers and you should be in business.

Sent from my MK808B using Tapatalk 2

#270 thaijunk

thaijunk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

So it sounds like your issue is with the utility. Waiting for device means that either your phone is not in AP Fastboot Mode or the Motorola Drivers are not intalled correctly or are out of date. I think that the utility download included Motorola drivers. Make sure that you install them and then reboot your computer before moving on. Also AP Fastboot mode is required to flash the JB Kernel, you get into that mode by turning your phone off and then holding down both volume up and down and then holding the power button. It should immediately start and show you a menu. select fastboot by using down volume to navigate and then the up volume to select. No plug your phone into your computer and your phone should say something like connected usb or something. Windows should install the drivers and you should be in business.

Sent from my MK808B using Tapatalk 2

Also make sure you install the correct drivers. I think both the 32 and 64 bit are included if I remember correctly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2 on JB Dual Boot running TripleCoreV1 while sitting on the toilet.

#271 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

Is it possible you are using the wrong cable? It needs to be a Motorola USB cable.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

#272 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

:) Thank you All for the Postive feedback...

Promise, I will Prevail...One question, AP Fastboot...The Computer or the Phone...

Its Bubba

#273 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

:) Thank you All for the Postive feedback...

Promise, I will Prevail...One question, AP Fastboot...The Computer or the Phone...

Its Bubba

Phone needs to be in Fastboot mode for the Utilities to flash. Like I said the phone needs to have USB Debugging enabled and NOT Mass Storage.

#274 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Phone needs to be in Fastboot mode for the Utilities to flash. Like I said the phone needs to have USB Debugging enabled and NOT Mass Storage.

Okay cmh...

USB Debugging is on Deck
Mass Storage is Off
Check MTP as Suggested

When you say Reboot to Fastboot, How the hell ;) do I get to AP Fastboot without shutting down my Phone..Is their another Option to Fastboot without shutting down? If I Reboot, it refreshes the ROM

Its Bubba

#275 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Okay cmh...

USB Debugging is on Deck
Mass Storage is Off
Check MTP as Suggested

When you say Reboot to Fastboot, How the hell ;) do I get to AP Fastboot without shutting down my Phone..Is their another Option to Fastboot without shutting down? If I Reboot, it refreshes the ROM

Its Bubba

Hold power, volume up and volume down. Press volume down to AP fastboot and then use the volume up to select not the power button.

• The Persuader likes this

#276 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

Just so you know... when entering AP Fastboot it doesn't matter what the phone is set to... Fastboot doesn't give a $#!+ lol
  • Digital Cha0s likes this
Posted Image

#277 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

Is it possible you are using the wrong cable? It needs to be a Motorola USB cable.

Cable is Cool...Its the one that came with the phone...

#278 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Just so you know... when entering AP Fastboot it doesn't matter what the phone is set to... Fastboot doesn't give a $#!+ lol

Well Nitewolf...

This is the first time in quite some time I've haven't been able to pull off something so easy...My guess, Its possible I may need to do a Factory ReSet...

Everyones, process Including CMH, Nukeruss yourself and others are on the Mark...I just cant get this Blanking thing When in AP Fastboot to work...

Yes, its the (Power Button/Vol up-Vol Dn) to boot to AP Fastboot...I chose Fastboot...after several Seconds it boots to safestrap nothing works after I try to Flash JB ROM into a slot...

What I am guess its not finding the MD5 ROM for recogonizng the JB ROM...I take Ownership for its not working...the Process given are Awesome/Specific but its not working for me...

I'll Keep trying

Its Bubba.

#279 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Well Nitewolf...

This is the first time in quite some time I've haven't been able to pull off something so easy...My guess, Its possible I may need to do a Factory ReSet...

Everyones, process Including CMH, Nukeruss yourself and others are on the Mark...I just cant get this Blanking thing When in AP Fastboot to work...

Yes, its the (Power Button/Vol up-Vol Dn) to boot to AP Fastboot...I chose Fastboot...after several Seconds it boots to safestrap nothing works after I try to Flash JB ROM into a slot...

What I am guess its not finding the MD5 ROM for recogonizng the JB ROM...I take Ownership for its not working...the Process given are Awesome/Specific but its not working for me...

I'll Keep trying

Its Bubba.

Ok so I'm at a loss unless you're mistakenly hitting the power button to select fastboot instead of the vol up key.
Posted Image

#280 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

Its both Vol buttons then Power to get to Recovery menu, then you use the down Vol button to cycle thru the choices, and then you use the up Vol button to select Fastboot.

And, Fastboot mode will only work when NOT in Mass Storage mode....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users