lotddragon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Google+:lotddragon
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

I am on safestrap 3.11, latest version and flashed everything according to the guide. Did rom, then init.D and then kernel module

infamousbanner_ver2.png

#202 lotddragon

lotddragon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

I haven't done the official Verizon update, so I can boot stock ics fine and I believe I'm still on stock kernel. Kernel version is 3.0.8-g29cf5e7

infamousbanner_ver2.png

#203 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo 64GB, Nexus 7, Midnight

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

I am on safestrap 3.11, latest version and flashed everything according to the guide. Did rom, then init.D and then kernel module

I usually wait after a solid boot and sign in before flashing the kernel modules. it should be nothing (since they're not set to run yet), but do a factory wipe, first boot, then the init.d, and then after making sure everthing works, try flashing the modules on the third boot? Everytime I've tried otherwise (On this ROM and others), it either doesn't install or screws it up. Worth a shot

edit: this forum section is only for the Jelly Bean Verizon update- there's a separate forum for the ICS Kernel. Do a fastboot with Matt's, and only use the 2.11 safestrap, unless you do the update. If you update to the JB Kernel, then use Matt's update guide in Razr General

Edited by livinitwarrior, 08 January 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#204 lotddragon

lotddragon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

I believe I'm still on ics kernel, will I even be able to boot this rom?

Edit: I am used to HTC phones where you can flash the official kernel with an unlocked bootloader, is that possible with the razr through fastboot?
  • lotddragon likes this

infamousbanner_ver2.png

#205 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

no, if you're going to flash ROM's, you need to use this forum:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#206 lotddragon

lotddragon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

If I uninstall safestrap and unroot, do official update and reroot, this rom should work, correct?

infamousbanner_ver2.png

#207 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Twitter:@jamminjon82
  • LocationGloucester, VA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, Moto X, Kindle Fire 2,Razr M, Nexus 7, Acer A100

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

If I uninstall safestrap and unroot, do official update and reroot, this rom should work, correct?

stop and read the different threads on this forum on this. You do not know what you are doing. You will jack up your phone either by losing root or worse. Do yourself a favor and take the time to learn first. It will save you a lot of aggravation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

#208 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

yeah, use Matt's to fastboot to .211, and then root. Follow his guide to save the root

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Do this slowly and don't rush- follow each step. I rushed and got stuck on JB Stock with no root. There is no root exploit yet, and had to send it in to VZW because it also screwed up the battery.

#209 alchemist

alchemist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Tried to flash, cleared all data and when I boot up this rom, it freezes as a black screen. Do I have to unlock my bootloader to flash kernel?

Let me know how unlocking your boot loader goes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#210 firedawg24

firedawg24

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

I just tried it again and it is working. But the last time I did it, I was in my car with my bluetooth on. That probably has something to do with it.

I had the same thing happen to me today as well... I too was using BT in the car. Oh well as awesome as this ROM is I can deal....

On another note, this is THE best ROM I've ever used. Fast, stable, and incredible battery life.

#211 dimitri407

dimitri407

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Twitter:dimitri407

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

I've never tried that over Bluetooth. I'd be interested if it worked.

I had the same thing happen to me today as well... I too was using BT in the car. Oh well as awesome as this ROM is I can deal....

On another note, this is THE best ROM I've ever used. Fast, stable, and incredible battery life.

I confirmed it this morning. When my phone is connected to my car via bluetooth, the voice keyboard or what ever you want to call it doesn't activate. You see the white microphone with the dotted line but nothing else happens. This is a feature that I use a lot and would love to know if this is a bug on Jelly Bean because it worked in Ice Cream.

And yes, this ROM is awesome.

#212 mhotovec

mhotovec

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Asus TF700

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

... This is a feature that I use a lot and would love to know if this is a bug on Jelly Bean because it worked in Ice Cream.

I presume you still have the stock ROM in the stock slot. Boot that up and see if the feature works. That may not answer the question of whether or not it's a JB problem, but it would tell you if it's a JB on the Razr problem - as opposed to something specific to this ROM.

#213 sirvalence

sirvalence

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

LOVE this ROM. Had it up and running great for a day or two, but blew it away to try another (mistake as I keep going back to this one!). Re-installed twice today and I'm running into an odd problem. I can receive texts but not send (stock messaging app). Switch over to Stock ROM and all fixed. Tried one of the other ROMs on here and everything is good. Any idea? Followed all the steps. I prefer stock messaging app + sms popup... not a fan of GO or Handcent. Thx for the help!

#214 alchemist

alchemist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

LOVE this ROM. Had it up and running great for a day or two, but blew it away to try another (mistake as I keep going back to this one!). Re-installed twice today and I'm running into an odd problem. I can receive texts but not send (stock messaging app). Switch over to Stock ROM and all fixed. Tried one of the other ROMs on here and everything is good. Any idea? Followed all the steps. I prefer stock messaging app + sms popup... not a fan of GO or Handcent. Thx for the help!

Did you wipe cache, dalvik, data, and system prior to install?

#215 sirvalence

sirvalence

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Did you wipe cache, dalvik, data, and system prior to install?

Hmm, I believe I did. I'll give that a try! I know I totally deleted the slot while going back to stock prior to re-installing. Still getting used to the new Safestrap. I alloted a brand new slot for the ROM. Should I additionally wipe all those as well? Regardless, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

#216 alchemist

alchemist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Hmm, I believe I did. I'll give that a try! I know I totally deleted the slot while going back to stock prior to re-installing. Still getting used to the new Safestrap. I alloted a brand new slot for the ROM. Should I additionally wipe all those as well? Regardless, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

I always wipe all four prior to installing a new ROM, then wipe cache and dalvik again after installation. Then I boot, let sit for a few minutes, tweak, etc., and run Fix Permissions in SS the next time I reboot as this used to fix some problems with ROM installs (and maybe still does).

On a side note, I've tried but I can't stand goSMS or Handcent either.

#217 drewreyes78

drewreyes78

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Please help. I can't get past the moto screen after I install this ROM and reboot. Followed instructions exactly and no luck. I have to hard reset and re install my old Jellycore 1.4 ROM and everything works fine. Just issues with the leaked ROMs.

#218 dimitri407

dimitri407

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Twitter:dimitri407

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

Please help. I can't get past the moto screen after I install this ROM and reboot. Followed instructions exactly and no luck. I have to hard reset and re install my old Jellycore 1.4 ROM and everything works fine. Just issues with the leaked ROMs.

What SS are are you on? If you are not on the 3.11, then that is where you want to be.

#219 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

If you're running JellyCore, it probably means you're on the ICS kernel still. Make sure you've upgraded to the JB OTA Kernel.

#220 alchemist

alchemist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

If you're running JellyCore, it probably means you're on the ICS kernel still. Make sure you've upgraded to the JB OTA Kernel.

My thoughts, as well. And if you haven't already upgraded to the jb kernel, make sure you carefully follow the instructions in the fora.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users