nhamslef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:nickhimself
  • LocationJamestown, NC
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

If I didn't receive the OTA JB update, how can I move my phone over to that prior to installing this or any other JB based ROM?

#222 mhotovec

mhotovec

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Asus TF700

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

LOVE this ROM. Had it up and running great for a day or two, but blew it away to try another (mistake as I keep going back to this one!). Re-installed twice today and I'm running into an odd problem. I can receive texts but not send (stock messaging app). Switch over to Stock ROM and all fixed. Tried one of the other ROMs on here and everything is good. Any idea? Followed all the steps. I prefer stock messaging app + sms popup... not a fan of GO or Handcent. Thx for the help!

Did you wipe cache, dalvik, data, and system prior to install?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hmm, I believe I did. I'll give that a try! I know I totally deleted the slot while going back to stock prior to re-installing. Still getting used to the new Safestrap. I alloted a brand new slot for the ROM. Should I additionally wipe all those as well? Regardless, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

You do know about backup and restore, right? :)
If you've got a ROM that you keep going back to make a backup of it, that way you don't have to set it up each time when you return to it.

#223 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo 64GB, Nexus 7, Midnight

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

If I didn't receive the OTA JB update, how can I move my phone over to that prior to installing this or any other JB based ROM?

look on the previous page, I outlined how to do it, keep root, and update as well. You can download the update and install it via the built in recovery, but make sure you've saved your root- there is NO WAY to root on JB Kernel yet unless you save it while upgrading

#224 drewreyes78

drewreyes78

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

My thoughts, as well. And if you haven't already upgraded to the jb kernel, make sure you carefully follow the instructions in the fora.

That's my problem, not on Jelly bean kernel. I will try again, thanks for your help all.

#225 djhbomber1

djhbomber1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Current Device(s):OG Razr, Razr MAXX HD

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

After much tweaking to framework.res and SystemUI I'm happily cruising with the TripleCore ROM!
No problems to report, just jelly-beany-goodness! Thanks OP!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

986.99KB   116 downloads

86.89KB   121 downloads

(That's 3 hours screen on time LOL)

#226 lotddragon

lotddragon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Google+:lotddragon
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Finally on TripleCore, used

to help walk through all steps.

Now then, I have a couple questions that I couldn't find the answers to browsing this forum thread. Is there a way to undervolt with something comparable to oc/uv beater?

infamousbanner_ver2.png

#227 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:@disc_or_die
  • Google+:plus.google.com/104749243954429604279/
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

After much tweaking to framework.res and SystemUI I'm happily cruising with the TripleCore ROM!
No problems to report, just jelly-beany-goodness! Thanks OP!

986.99KB   116 downloads

86.89KB   121 downloads

(That's 3 hours screen on time LOL)

ummm....what theme is that!?!?! That's dank
  • djhbomber1 likes this

#228 emiliobadillio

emiliobadillio

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Any changelog on what was updated yesterday?

#229 lotddragon

lotddragon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Google+:lotddragon
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

I'm noticing that all my calendars and everything are coming over and showing twice in system. My zedge ringtones are doubling as well...any suggestions?

infamousbanner_ver2.png

#230 alchemist

alchemist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Any changelog on what was updated yesterday?

+1

#231 saycbone

saycbone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

What was actually updated..the ROM is still V1..????

#232 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

test build for the update is up....ummm....this is i-n-s-a-n-e!!!
  • saycbone and livinitwarrior like this

#233 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo 64GB, Nexus 7, Midnight

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

most succinct and to the point changelog...ever lol
  • bradenfontaine likes this

#234 djhbomber1

djhbomber1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Current Device(s):OG Razr, Razr MAXX HD

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

ummm....what theme is that!?!?! That's dank

Thanks man! I did the color scheme changes myself, extracted from original TripleCore.zip. New battery is from

, changed that to the orange theme too. Once I get all the blue .png's in framework.res changed to orange and fix a resizing issue I've encountered (new .png's are HUGE LOL) it'll be good to go!
Using Nova Launcher Prime with Metrostation icon pack for the dock and wp clock 2 live wallpaper in addition, I highly recommend both for their tweaking ability!
I'm gonna change the font colors too as soon as I learn how to do that LOL

#235 theunbound1

theunbound1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

I love this rom. I actually don't mind the moto launcher so I can keep the circle widget. just have to manually update google search or search crashes.

#236 greek6486

greek6486

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Twitter:@greek6486
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Where is the test build link?

#237 TJH0188

TJH0188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Running O.G. build in the op. Great battery life and no deep sleep problems on xt912 running Pegasus/sio in no frills cpu instead of system tuner. 14 hours on battery down to 60% with 25m screen on......it was a busy day!

#238 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

Thanks man! I did the color scheme changes myself, extracted from original TripleCore.zip. New battery is from

, changed that to the orange theme too. Once I get all the blue .png's in framework.res changed to orange and fix a resizing issue I've encountered (new .png's are HUGE LOL) it'll be good to go!
Using Nova Launcher Prime with Metrostation icon pack for the dock and wp clock 2 live wallpaper in addition, I highly recommend both for their tweaking ability!
I'm gonna change the font colors too as soon as I learn how to do that LOL

That is slick, slick work mate. Just so you know, TSC is always looking for guys to write themes and do work just like this. You should contact TSC, I know they would LOVE to work with someone kicking this stuff out. Great work dude!

#239 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

Where is the test build link?

You can find it here. Now....For these new builds, yes they are updates, but Halo 13 and Silverlink have MADE A TON OF CHANGES. So you will actually have to perform a complete and full wipe. I treid every way under the sun to treat it like an update by just wiping cache and dalvik, but it wont take. There are just too many changes under the hood. But, I backed up with Ti Backup or App2zip, wiped cache, factory, system and dalvik. NO GAPPS to load, they are full integrated. Been running the test build since Saturday and this might be the best ROM on the forum. That is just my opinion, but this build is pretty slick. GPS and WiFi lock instantly. With their tweaks, CPU Sleeper (I bought) and the Alpha Seeder app, this things is hauling & battery life is easily lasting all day.

Now....If I run Ingress with the screen on the whole time while driving around playing, or blast Pandora at the disc golf course for 3 hours, Battery is going to crash & burn. But even yesterday I gave this ROM a run for her money. Had Ingress going, Navigation and had the tunes blasting while on the course for almost 4 hours, and I walked off the course with battery at 14% ready for the charger. I was impressed

#240 jbartolovich

jbartolovich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCleveland Area
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

http://speedcore.crackflasher.com/roms/testroms/ You can find it here. Now....For these new builds, yes they are updates, but Halo 13 and Silverlink have MADE A TON OF CHANGES. So you will actually have to perform a complete and full wipe. I treid every way under the sun to treat it like an update by just wiping cache and dalvik, but it wont take. There are just too many changes under the hood. But, I backed up with Ti Backup or App2zip, wiped cache, factory, system and dalvik. NO GAPPS to load, they are full integrated. Been running the test build since Saturday and this might be the best ROM on the forum. That is just my opinion, but this build is pretty slick. GPS and WiFi lock instantly. With their tweaks, CPU Sleeper (I bought) and the Alpha Seeder app, this things is hauling & battery life is easily lasting all day. Now....If I run Ingress with the screen on the whole time while driving around playing, or blast Pandora at the disc golf course for 3 hours, Battery is going to crash & burn. But even yesterday I gave this ROM a run for her money. Had Ingress going, Navigation and had the tunes blasting while on the course for almost 4 hours, and I walked off the course with battery at 14% ready for the charger. I was impressed

Test 1 or Test 2.1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users