434 replies to this topic

#141 chipworkz

chipworkz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Hmmm...thought I read somewhere that someone had GPS issues..guess it may have been another ROM. So, I guess I'm the only one that doesn't have a working GPS? Unless I'm missing another place where I need to touch a setting (I've dug into the location services...is there another place I have to tag?)

TIA!

I am seeing the GPS is very slow to get a fix in maps but it does work. I have never seen it so slow like this until now. Not sure if it is this rom of JB in general since this is the only rom I have run so far.

#142 just4sc

just4sc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

I am seeing the GPS is very slow to get a fix in maps but it does work. I have never seen it so slow like this until now. Not sure if it is this rom of JB in general since this is the only rom I have run so far.

JellyHaters ROM gets a fix pretty quick. But like I said, I can't get the GPS to work for me on this ROM. Maybe I'll need to reflash and try again....

#143 kalkat579

kalkat579

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

JellyHaters ROM gets a fix pretty quick. But like I said, I can't get the GPS to work for me on this ROM. Maybe I'll need to reflash and try again....

I would works fine for me idk bout other ppl

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#144 alchemist

alchemist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

I would works fine for me idk bout other ppl

GPS gets a very quick fix for me. The entire ROM is very fast and fluid. Of course I installed busybox, extra kernel modules, chose pegasusq and sio, boosted sd to 2048, and other tweaks in System Tuner. This is the smoothest ROM I have ever run - stock or custom. The JB kernel made a HUGE difference. Glad to have Bluetooth and camera flash back. Haven't tried HDMI or webtop yet. Only had one issue so far: hot reset occurred when I went to change the flash mode back to "auto" from "on". May be an isolated incident; if it keeps happening I can grab you a logcat.

Props to hashcode and TSC!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

#145 djholograf

djholograf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR XT912

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

GPS for me works perfectly . I have no problems.

#146 djholograf

djholograf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Does anyone else have a problem with Google Search on this build? Of all the JB roms here, this is my DD. I like the circle widgets, alarm and flashlight on notification bar. Google search just gives a fc.

no issues here I use it all the time

Same here. I use Google search all the time. Google now works great. Have no complaints at all on this rom.

#147 djholograf

djholograf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Titanium Backup will do that. Also TB will create a zip file of itself, so you can flash it at the same time you flash the ROM, so it will be there waiting for you after you boot up. Spend the few bucks for the Pro version and you get batch restore, which is a huge plus.

Alternately you could try App2Zip, though I'm not sure if that backs up data or just the app.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

+1...
In addition to Titanium... Busy Box Pro...two great investments...

Its Bubba
~Stubborn In Your Bones ~

Awesome. Thanks for your feedback. I will definitely give this a shot.

#148 tula

tula

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

i'm allready using triplecore rom for 2 days, there is still one little problem ... (i'm using it with the init d and modul), I can't underclock my droid razr maxx

everytime i'm underclock to 1 ghz using system tuner, after change to the other application, a few minutes later checking back to system tuner, my cpu speed allready "restore back" to 1.2 ghz pretty weird

but the gorvernor is no problem.

anybody get the same issue ?

#149 dimitri407

dimitri407

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Twitter:dimitri407

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

Great ROM. Only issue I have seem so far is with the alarm. Has anyone noticed their snooze sometimes doesn't appear? On SS 3.11 with a fresh slot 1 install.

#150 roxylove

roxylove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

Love the rom. The only issue I have is that I installed the CM 10.1 mms apk because I really like the quick reply option in the notification bar.... When I do that, I receive duplicate messages, even though I turn off the notifications in the stock app... I am not receiving two notifications, just back to back of the same messages.

If I freeze the stock app, it works perfect for a few days, then I stop getting any mms or sms messages. Also, this mms app has a bug that won't send pics, so I need the stock app for this.

#151 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:@disc_or_die
  • Google+:plus.google.com/104749243954429604279/
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

I don't think photosphere will work because some devices lack the proper hardware for it. It requires gyroscope which I don't think the RAZR has or that's enabled.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

It's not activated (gyroscope-photosphere) and Dev's can't turn it on because of the locked bootloader. If they ever get Kexec working, this will be available for us to use

#152 just4sc

just4sc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

Well, I reflashed it but found out that it was another setting that needed to be enabled and not the Rom.....just one question, do I still need to reflash the unit.d and the other modules again if I had flashed it the first time? The reason why I'm asking is because after reflashing the Rom with system wipe I still see the governers when I run system tuner. TIA!

#153 thefuzz

thefuzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Just downloaded, coming from stock .211 using Matt's tool, had zero issues all the way around!!

This ROM is beautiful! So far I'm loving it!

One question, is there a quick guide on how to use/tweak settings under the "System Tuner" app? Seems like a very powerful app and I'm a bit afraid I might mess something up by doing the wrong thing.

#154 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:@disc_or_die
  • Google+:plus.google.com/104749243954429604279/
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Just downloaded, coming from stock .211 using Matt's tool, had zero issues all the way around!!

This ROM is beautiful! So far I'm loving it!

One question, is there a quick guide on how to use/tweak settings under the "System Tuner" app? Seems like a very powerful app and I'm a bit afraid I might mess something up by doing the wrong thing.

Screen shots are in post #2 ;)

#155 djholograf

djholograf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

So how many peeps are exclusively on this rom? Been using as a daily driver with no problems. :) haven't rebooted into another or stock rom since the test releases.

• The Doctor likes this

#156 pattersonx

pattersonx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

any way to use circle widgets on nova launcher?

#157 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

I want to use the circle widgets for time and weather but they seem to only work on stock launcher. any way to use them on nova or apex?

hat kno

No sir... Stock launcher only

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#158 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Try "one more clock widget" in the play store.

#159 pattersonx

pattersonx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

ok thank you

#160 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

ok thank you

Not as functional as the circle widget but great alternative if you want to run a home replacement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users