#1 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

I just ordered a Seidio Innocell Plus phone case/charger and was wondering if anyone has one. In my line of work I need my phone, and there are times when I can't get to a charger. Thought this looked like a good backup plan. I know this will make my Razr slightly longer and thicker, I assume like a Razr Maxx. I would appreciate any feedback on this.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• lifeisgood likes this
Posted Image

#2 fastfoodfred

fastfoodfred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

This seems pretty cool. Has anyone got information on it? Cheaper than the other big battery options that I don't think ever panned out.

#3 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Not a popular topic..lol...but thanks for replying....mine should arrive any day. Ill let you know how it is after I get it.
Posted Image

#4 Claris

Claris

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

I've been looking around for something like this for the RAZR.

Te closest thing I could find was another battery case from China:

This one doesn't look great though, since it has an awkward bulging piece on the top.

Screenshots when the case arrives is appreciated :D I'm hoping that the case isn't too thick.
  • amp1984 likes this

#5 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

I'll give a full review when I get it, with pictures.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

#6 iguanad

iguanad

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

I've been looking around for something like this for the RAZR.

Te closest thing I could find was another battery case from China:

This one doesn't look great though, since it has an awkward bulging piece on the top.

Screenshots when the case arrives is appreciated :D I'm hoping that the case isn't too thick.

I bought the cheap Chinese version. It works fine but it is a bit bulky and has the bulge at the top. My only issues with the SEIDIO is the price. For $70 I would rather sell my RAZR on Ebay then buy a Maxx.

#7 ScottG

ScottG

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationKnoxville TN
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

I actually have both. i got the China made first. A typical day for me is exchange push email, a little web surfing, facebook checking, several 8-10 minute calls, and a BT Sony Smartwatch paired. Before the battery cases I would get to 10-20% by 2PM. The Chinese Battery case will now get me to about 2PM before it is drained and then I still have 100% on the phone. It says it is 2400mah, I dont think it is but it performs well for my needs. The bump on the top for the micro usb isn't much to look at, but it doesnt get in the way. The case is very smooth so it can be a little slippery.

The seidio lasts me until about luch time before it is drained. It is larger than the other case, but it is designed nicely. It has a rubberized surface cover and even protection buttons that sit over top of the power and volume controls. It definately adds drop protection to the phone where the Chinese one doesnt. It sports a 1750mah battery that is removable so you could order their spare batteries.

Both are good. I like the price and endurance of the Chinese unit. The Seidio is pricey, but it is quality built. I alternate them on different days depending on which one I charged overnight. Both take a long time to charge (several hours). These have definately made a great phone with a limited battery into a great phone that lasts all day.

Seidio does not make a holster for their case. I ended up taking 2 of my old Seidio holsters and with a dremel. and a few other items made my own holsters. If anyone runs across a universal/adjustable holster please post a link.

#8 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

ScottG thank you for your review. Mine should arrive anyday. One question. When the Seidio is on the phone and you plug it in, do both the phone and case get charged? Say like if i plug it in overnight, will both charge by morning?
Posted Image

#9 Claris

Claris

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

ScottG thank you for your review. Mine should arrive anyday. One question. When the Seidio is on the phone and you plug it in, do both the phone and case get charged? Say like if i plug it in overnight, will both charge by morning?

I believe it does according to the shop page. First the device is charged, then the case.

#10 nevildev

nevildev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

I have the chinese case as well... Similar results with 100% battery from 5am - 7pmish. Its a little slippery but def a worthwhile purchase.

#11 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

So I received my Seidio Innocell Plus charger/case for my OG Razr yesterday. Initial thoughts were it was not as big as I thought it would be. It is slightly, and I mean slightly bigger than my otterbox case. I installed it on my phone and fully charged it. A slight heat alteration to my belt clip holster did the trick. The way it works is, keep it turned off until your phone gets down to around 60%. Then press top button for 3 seconds and it begins to charge the phone. I haven't had much time to completely test it, but tomorrow at my daughters cheerleading competition I should give it a good run. More to follow. The pics are taken next to a $20 bill to show scale. (Cop trick).

Attached Files

Posted Image

#12 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

It looks really nice. Is that a rubber finish or smooth plastic?

#13 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Rubberized finish. Feels good in hand.

Posted Image

#14 fastfoodfred

fastfoodfred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

I wish I had $20.

#15 bretrick30

bretrick30

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

I bought the Seidio case and returned it because I was having issues with my phone not charging while charging the case and the phone together. Maybe mine was defective? I also did not like how large and heavy it made my phone.

I then went on eBay, bought a maxx for $200 and sold my RAZR for $160. Could not be happier.

#16 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

I just got my case a yesterday and really like it a lot. So far I'm happy with the investment. After 7 hours I'm at 80% battery with half the charge left on my case.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: droid, razr, innocell

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users