Photo

[ROM] [4.1.2] Aviator Blur - v3.0.9 [11/15/13] Pick Your Own Color!

Aviator ROM OTA ZKK007 Blur

• Please log in to reply
2233 replies to this topic

#1421 gearmaker

gearmaker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCaldwell,Idaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr, Droid Incredible

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

I am lovin this aokp rom! Everything works smooth. I have have had no problems with MMS. Can send and receive pics just fine. One thing I noticed is capturing video with messaging. It stops

after 2 seconds and says "size limit reached". Is this typical of AOKP roms? Other roms I tried on this site would capture 30 seconds. Other than that this my favorite rom! I did try liquidsmooth

and received the same message. Am I missing something or is this just the way it is for AOKP?

Thanks for all your amazing work!

#1422 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Running AOKP 1.0.3 since it came out. Love it, running excellent with awesome battery life.

So, funny thing just occured...the phone just all of a sudden started doing hokey thinks on it's own. Like changing screens from GoSMS, then to the browser and then back paging, then another app. I could not control it and when I did press the Home button it didn't respond. I held power button and the Power screen came up to Reboot but it too did not respond, so I had to press the back soft key. Just going crazy..finally was able to reboot from the menu.

Seems to be running good again.. but so weird. :)

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#1423 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

I am lovin this aokp rom! Everything works smooth. I have have had no problems with MMS. Can send and receive pics just fine. One thing I noticed is capturing video with messaging. It stops
after 2 seconds and says "size limit reached". Is this typical of AOKP roms? Other roms I tried on this site would capture 30 seconds. Other than that this my favorite rom! I did try liquidsmooth
and received the same message. Am I missing something or is this just the way it is for AOKP?
 Thanks for all your amazing work!

Sounds like your video is set for HD quality/text messaging instead of regular capture. Not sure if there is a setting for that somewhere or if this is the actual problem, but that's my initial first guess

sent via RazrMaxx over Tapatalk, y'all!

#1424 nocturnalsixer

nocturnalsixer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:55 AM

After getting all issues fixed on your blur aviator that i have had before. I'm glad to report that this ROM now crush all other ROM that i have tried in the past and now stand on top. :D keep up the good work battery life is better than what stock rom get!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1425 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

It is great to hear positive feedback! :D I would appreciate it if you could also show your support and vote for me in the poll for the HD giveaway :) Its looking like a long shot at the moment, but every vote counts!

Also, how do people feel about a Aviator CM10.1? I'm building it from the latest source now and might get some time to do it after Blur is complete. Definitely no ETA at the moment for it, but I want to known if you guys want it, or if I should keep working on improving AOKP? :)
  • PdiddyBuck likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#1426 nocturnalsixer

nocturnalsixer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:13 AM

It is great to hear positive feedback! :D I would appreciate it if you could also show your support and vote for me in the poll for the HD giveaway :) Its looking like a long shot at the moment, but every vote counts!

Also, how do people feel about a Aviator CM10.1? I'm building it from the latest source now and might get some time to do it after Blur is complete. Definitely no ETA at the moment for it, but I want to known if you guys want it, or if I should keep working on improving AOKP? :)

I tried voting but i don't see how to do that. All i could do was "like" i never voted on droidrzr before

Edited: also aviator cm10.1 would be cool to try

#1427 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:53 AM

I tried voting but i don't see how to do that. All i could do was "like" i never voted on droidrzr before

Edited: also aviator cm10.1 would be cool to try

From what I can tell, you can't do it through tapatalk. You can use your stock browser and then look at the thread and you should be able to vote. Thanks! :)
  • nocturnalsixer likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

#1428 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

Bytecode pulled off a nice Cyclone/CM ROM before he dropped out. Darn shame, 'cause it was a killer start. Aviator Raptor / AOKP / CM, dear lord this has crack-flasher ALL over! Awesome 'base' ROM with TWO additional versions? Keeping them all updated....ooooooooo...will need a cigarette!! ;-D Good name choice, to! Any other moniker would betray the heights this thing is hitting! Dropping other ROMs.

sent via RazrMaxx over Tapatalk, y'all!

#1429 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

Haha, well, I'll at least be trying to keep them all updated! Things are getting busier for me, but I won't be stopping anytime soon. Things will just slow down a little :)

bWyLE9l.jpg

#1430 stevegough

stevegough

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Location94002

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

XT-912 AOKP V1.0.3.

I have got to work real hard to find something to fault with the ROM.

I am an Aviator AOPK fan!

The AOKP version of this ROM is quite good.

I was on 'Buttered' for a few days and could never get decent battery out of it.

I tried to let the phone settle for a few days , to no avail...the Kernel in this ROM is much better at battery longevity.

The only 'annoyance' i can find has to do with the keyboard and the MMS function.

When typing in portrait mode, the text background is 'black' allowing good contrast so you can see the text well.

In landscape mode the test box background turns 'opaque' for me somewhat obscuring the text being typed.

This occurs with the stock MMS app and the stock AOPK keyboard and the 'old' ICS keyboard app that I really liked...

becuase the stock MMS app does not have an '<return> key performs a line feed, does not sends the text' function, I loaded Go SMS.

I get the same results with GO SMS and the stock AOPK keyboard.

My present workaround is the 'stock jellybean' keyboard downloaded from Google Play which presents a 'black' background in landscape mode when texting.

Am I missing a setting somewhere that I can tweak?

I solved the one problem of not having a '<Enter> Key' performs a line feed' issue by swapping out the AOKP 'stock' Mms.apk, with 'gaetawoo's' Dark themed version which had that feature:

(    

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

)

#1431 stevegough

stevegough

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Location94002

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

Not a fan of CM10, so I would vote 'nay' for that.

Actually, if you are polishing up the final version of 'blur', that would leave only AOPK..which I cannot find more than the problem i saw with the stock AOPK keyboard background when texting in landscape..so once that AOPK is cleaned up I would think you wouldn't have anything to do...and a man cannot just sit around!

#1432 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

007,you got my vote bud,i'm still running blur with m launcher with circle widgets-love it

• ZKK007 likes this

#1433 mhotovec

mhotovec

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Asus TF700

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

Running AOKP 1.0.3 since it came out. Love it, running excellent with awesome battery life.

So, funny thing just occured...the phone just all of a sudden started doing hokey thinks on it's own. Like changing screens from GoSMS, then to the browser and then back paging, then another app. I could not control it and when I did press the Home button it didn't respond. I held power button and the Power screen came up to Reboot but it too did not respond, so I had to press the back soft key. Just going crazy..finally was able to reboot from the menu.

Seems to be running good again.. but so weird. :)

By any chance was it plugged in at the time?

Mine sometimes does that if I try to use it while it's plugged (to AC, not a PC). The 'fix' of course is to simply unplug it

#1434 mattkilla

mattkilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Google+:mattkilla420
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx xt912 , Samsung Droid Charge (FP8)

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

I've been using both these ROMS for months now and impressed with both of them for each of their own advantages. One thing about both roms that annoys the crap out of me is whenever I reboot my phone, my ringtone and notification tones get reset to" unknown ringtone." I think this has something to do with the fact that I use ringtones that are in a ringtone folder on my SD card but it seems even when I use system ringtones they do not stick after reboot. has anyone figured out how to make a ringtone and notification tone stick even after reboots?
On another note glad that you're getting around to a blur update and glad that you're taking time to make it right. I would definitely check out a cm10 aviator, but take your time on putting out gold.

sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx JB

android-smoking-a-joint-on-white-background-320x-42619.jpg

#1435 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

I've been using both these ROMS for months now and impressed with both of them for each of their own advantages. One thing about both roms that annoys the crap out of me is whenever I reboot my phone, my ringtone and notification tones get reset to" unknown ringtone." I think this has something to do with the fact that I use ringtones that are in a ringtone folder on my SD card but it seems even when I use system ringtones they do not stick after reboot. has anyone figured out how to make a ringtone and notification tone stick even after reboots?
On another note glad that you're getting around to a blur update and glad that you're taking time to make it right. I would definitely check out a cm10 aviator, but take your time on putting out gold.

I'm pretty sure there is an "unknown ringtone" fix thread somewhere in here. I would find it, but I'm not on a computer. Definitely have a look. I think it was something simple like moving the tones to internal or external SD card :)

bWyLE9l.jpg

#1436 MBRedline

MBRedline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Current Device(s):Raze Maxx & Asus TF700T

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

I'm pretty sure there is an "unknown ringtone" fix thread somewhere in here. I would find it, but I'm not on a computer. Definitely have a look. I think it was something simple like moving the tones to internal or external SD card :)

Or you can have tasker set your default ringtone to whatever you want it to be after every reboot. That is working good for me so far. ;-)

Sent from my rooted XT912 running AOKP Aviator

#1437 bfederspill

bfederspill

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRoy, Utah
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

I'm dropping to 3G and sometimes no service at all. Anybody else having this problem or know a fix for it?

#1438 boothroyd917

boothroyd917

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx (Aviator AOKP 1.0.3)

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

I'm on the AOKP rom, I love it so far, but I'm having a small problem with it.  When I go into the AOKP settings menu, as soon as I change an option (i.e. change what is on my lockscreen navigation ring), it lets me choose what I want and then save, but if I go back and try to modify one, it won't let me.  Basically, I had a shortcut to an app on my lockscreen unlock ring and I want to change what app is in that slot now & it won't save.  I'm not sure if this is an AOKP issue or if it is something you know about, but I thought I'd ask.  It does this with some other settings too, mainly the Ribbon Options menu as well.  Any ideas?

#1439 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:19 AM

I'm dropping to 3G and sometimes no service at all. Anybody else having this problem or know a fix for it?

I'm beginning to think that's an issue with Verizon (in some areas) cause I been having that on stock as well.....

tapadriving.....hillbilly style

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#1440 bfederspill

bfederspill

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRoy, Utah
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

I'm beginning to think that's an issue with Verizon (in some areas) cause I been having that on stock as well.....

tapadriving.....hillbilly style

I've had 4G most of this morning so it might be a Verizon thing. Thanks for the help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aviator, ROM, OTA, ZKK007, Blur

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users