Photo

[ROM] [4.1.2] Aviator Blur - v3.0.9 [11/15/13] Pick Your Own Color!

Aviator ROM OTA ZKK007 Blur

• Please log in to reply
2233 replies to this topic

#1501 boothroyd917

boothroyd917

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx (Aviator AOKP 1.0.3)

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

Hey ZK, Just a quick and probably stupid question.  When you update AOKP, are you changing anything in the Gapps?  Meaning do I need to redownload that every time I update as well?  Also, did you change anything in Gapps from the official Gapps download?

#1502 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

Hey ZK, Just a quick and probably stupid question.  When you update AOKP, are you changing anything in the Gapps?  Meaning do I need to redownload that every time I update as well?  Also, did you change anything in Gapps from the official Gapps download?

The Gapps are the same for this version. The only thing I changed from the original Gapps was that I included the updated play store.

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#1503 stevegough

stevegough

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Location94002

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

Hello,

I can tell you used the 'latest' AOKP code because the 1.0.4. ROM will not connect to my home WiFi, which is EXACTLY what the AOKP 'nightly' build did also.

I flash the 1.0.3. ROM and is snaps right onto my WiFi.

I've got an unlimited data plan so it is more of an annoyance than anything and one of the things my OCD nags me on in the back of my mind.

I have no clue how to troubleshoot this and when I googled the problem  I see it is a common lament for an AOKP ROM.

I read a thread somewhere about swapping out the /system/etc/WiFi folder in the rom with a folder from one which works ( I used the folder from the 1.0.3 ROM). This method fails for me. I've no idea what else that process would break, but WiFi will not even turn on...

Anybody have any ideas on this?

I'm going to drive this ROM for a  while and most likely drop back 1.0.3. if I cannot get the phone to connect

Update: 'Solved!'

What I did not know is:

Stock JB

Aviator AOKP 1.0.3.

Aviator AOKP 1.0.4.

Pure AOKP nightly

All four of these ROMs produce a different MAC address for the WiFi connection. Since my home WiFi network filters (allow) by MAC address, I was unable to connect to my home WiFi on a new ROM load, but could on an old ROM load restored from backup. This lead me to look at my router MAC filter.

Since updating the MAC filter for the 'new' MAC address, 1.0.4. connects to the home network as it should.

The AOKP nightly should work as well...but I'm going to drive 1.0.4. around for a while first.

#1504 dwh2o13

dwh2o13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

Liking this rom. Using AOKP 1.04  The only thing I've run into so far is in settings/rom control.  I initiated a couple icons in  Ribbon Options and then tried to delete them.  I initiated icons within lockscreen, notification, and quick setting ribbons.  I'm unable to delete any of them. I would really like to delete these if I can.  Am I missing something? Any ideas? 

#1505 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:40 AM

Liking this rom. Using AOKP 1.04  The only thing I've run into so far is in settings/rom control.  I initiated a couple icons in  Ribbon Options and then tried to delete them.  I initiated icons within lockscreen, notification, and quick setting ribbons.  I'm unable to delete any of them. I would really like to delete these if I can.  Am I missing something? Any ideas? 

This will hopefully be fixed when I do the next update. So it is a known issue ::)

bWyLE9l.jpg

#1506 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:44 AM

Double...

bWyLE9l.jpg

#1507 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:04 AM

Hello,

I can tell you used the 'latest' AOKP code because the 1.0.4. ROM will not connect to my home WiFi, which is EXACTLY what the AOKP 'nightly' build did also.

I flash the 1.0.3. ROM and is snaps right onto my WiFi.

I've got an unlimited data plan so it is more of an annoyance than anything and one of the things my OCD nags me on in the back of my mind.

I have no clue how to troubleshoot this and when I googled the problem  I see it is a common lament for an AOKP ROM.
I read a thread somewhere about swapping out the /system/etc/WiFi folder in the rom with a folder from one which works ( I used the folder from the 1.0.3 ROM). This method fails for me. I've no idea what else that process would break, but WiFi will not even turn on...

Anybody have any ideas on this?
I'm going to drive this ROM for a  while and most likely drop back 1.0.3. if I cannot get the phone to connect

Have you tried fixing permissions and wiping cache in safe strap? That should fix it, but if not then try reflashing :)

bWyLE9l.jpg

#1508 mhotovec

mhotovec

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Asus TF700

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:09 AM

On 1.03 of AOKP (I've download but not yet installed 1.04), when I use the built in WiFI tether it apparently turns of bluetooth, which I'm OK with. The problem is that it makes it so that I can't turn BT back on. When I push the button to enable BT it turns on then immediately back off again. Is this a known issue, or is there something wacky going on with my phone?

I've used WiFi Tether For Root Users on the blur version with no problem, I presume it would work on AOKP also, I just wanted to see how the built-in would work.

#1509 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

I have also seen that issue with BT.... Reboot should fix it.... It does for me anyway :)

tapadriving .... hillbilly style

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#1510 mhotovec

mhotovec

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

Right John, I did forget to mention that a reboot corrects the problem. But if I'm driving down the road and want to make a phone call via the BT in my car, it makes me cranky to have to reboot the phone first.  :)

#1511 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:17 AM

Believe me.... I know the feeling :)

tapadriving .... hillbilly style

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#1512 dwh2o13

dwh2o13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

This will hopefully be fixed when I do the next update. So it is a known issue : :)

Thanks for the quick reply ZK...Glad to know.  I wasn't to far into the set up, so I just re-flashed and started over to resolve.  

#1513 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

Hopefully you guys on AOKP 1.0.4 are getting much better battery! This is with 1:25hr screentime and 50% remaining with the OG Razr :)

Attached Files

bWyLE9l.jpg

#1514 mhotovec

mhotovec

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

I flashed AOKP 1.04 in the middle of the day today so I can't say for SURE, but yes it seemed that the battery usage was much improved from 1.03. It may not quite yet be to the level of your Blur ROM, but it's much closer.

#1515 dwh2o13

dwh2o13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

Issue i found...i keep getting message sms from 6250 with "vzwnmn: # " every doggone time i get new email it's getting very old
I want blacklist feature added to the Rom and fix this issue please
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I seem to be getting the same issue here and have noticed also on kexec cm10.1.  After researching, I did find a suggestion to freeze Verizon Backup Assistant with tibu in stock.  This didn't seem to work for me. Any suggestions on how to remedy this? 

#1516 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

I seem to be getting the same issue here and have noticed also on kexec cm10.1.  After researching, I did find a suggestion to freeze Verizon Backup Assistant with tibu in stock.  This didn't seem to work for me. Any suggestions on how to remedy this? 

I have not come across this yet. Is everything else in the ROM working right? What email app and sms app are you using?

bWyLE9l.jpg

#1517 nocturnalsixer

nocturnalsixer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

Issue i found...i keep getting message sms from 6250 with "vzwnmn: # " every doggone time i get new email it's getting very old

I got it solved by completely wiping all ROM from the slot and then reinstall then davik and cache wipe after install then it stopped..my first time i installed the ROM "dirty" over other ROM and allowed the installer to wipe the system but it seem to not do the best job soi suggest going into twrp and use the wipe option separate from install and boot

#1518 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

I got it solved by completely wiping all ROM from the slot and then reinstall then davik and cache wipe after install then it stopped..my first time i installed the ROM "dirty" over other ROM and allowed the installer to wipe the system but it seem to not do the best job soi suggest going into twrp and use the wipe option separate from install and boot

Glad you got it sorted! I recommend deleting the ROM slot altogether and recreating it when coming from a different ROM. :)

bWyLE9l.jpg

#1519 dwh2o13

dwh2o13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

I have not come across this yet. Is everything else in the ROM working right? What email app and sms app are you using?

Everything in the ROM seems to be working well with exception to the known ribbon issue posted earlier.  Battery life has been good for me.  I'm currently using gmail and gosms.  This

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

offers a solution , but I don't seem to find the mentioned options to remove in my vzw account.  Sorry to bother you with this as it is probably not an issue with the ROM itself.  I am enjoying the ROM and hope to use as a dd.  

#1520 nocturnalsixer

nocturnalsixer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

Glad you got it sorted! I recommend deleting the ROM slot altogether and recreating it when coming from a different ROM. :)

U are right, the instant gratification that America is so used to was my problem. No Patience to wait for wiping the slots clean. I gotta improve on that haha.

Thanks for awesome ROM though! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aviator, ROM, OTA, ZKK007, Blur

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users