Photo

[ROM] [4.1.2] Aviator Blur - v3.0.9 [11/15/13] Pick Your Own Color!

Aviator ROM OTA ZKK007 Blur

• Please log in to reply
2233 replies to this topic

#1521 dwh2o13

dwh2o13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

I got it solved by completely wiping all ROM from the slot and then reinstall then davik and cache wipe after install then it stopped..my first time i installed the ROM "dirty" over other ROM and allowed the installer to wipe the system but it seem to not do the best job soi suggest going into twrp and use the wipe option separate from install and boot

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Did you restore, or re-flash the original zip?  I have a back up made of my current AOKP 1.0.4.  Was thinking of wiping, deleting the ROM slot, recreating slot, restoring and then wiping cache and dalvik.   Or, do you think just starting fresh is better?

#1522 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

Thinking of switching from the "Blur" version to the AOKP. Can anyone confirm that the Skype with either GoSMS or Handcent works on AOKP?

Thanks.

#1523 nocturnalsixer

nocturnalsixer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

I got it solved by completely wiping all ROM from the slot and then reinstall then davik and cache wipe after install then it stopped..my first time i installed the ROM "dirty" over other ROM and allowed the installer to wipe the system but it seem to not do the best job soi suggest going into twrp and use the wipe option separate from install and boot

Did you restore, or re-flash the original zip?  I have a back up made of my current AOKP 1.0.4.  Was thinking of wiping, deleting the ROM slot, recreating slot, restoring and then wiping cache and dalvik.   Or, do you think just starting fresh is better?

Starting over did it for me. I tried wiping and reloading and no dice (luck)

#1524 nocturnalsixer

nocturnalsixer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

I'm wondering what would happen if i wipe stock ROM slot? Will that make phone not work and force me to use rsdlite to reload stock ROM back on?

#1525 dwh2o13

dwh2o13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

I may just try starting over later tonight then and see what happens...thanks for your help.  

#1526 nocturnalsixer

nocturnalsixer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

I may just try starting over later tonight then and see what happens...thanks for your help.  

No trouble, let us know how it goes after tonight

#1527 mhotovec

mhotovec

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Asus TF700

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

I'd question the value of restoring a backup, even with deleting and recreating the slot - I'd think that you'll just re-introduce what ever problems you're having now. *I* think that the only thing you'll really accomplish is a wipe of dalvik and cache - which you could do which much less trouble by just doing the wipe by itself.

My suggestion is to go all out, delete the slot, flash the ROM and reinstall (not restore) your apps.

• ZKK007 and dwh2o13 like this

#1528 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:43 PM

Out of interest, would anyone be interested in an Aviator themed Safestrap initial splash image? I'm just playing around with it now. :)

• mugsy77 likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#1529 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

Out of interest, would anyone be interested in an Aviator themed Safestrap initial splash image? I'm just playing around with it now. :)

That's a cool idea :)

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#1530 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

That's a cool idea :)

I know its possible by flashing a .zip on top of the stock side, but I think it should be able to be done by using a root explorer and pasting the images in /system/etc/safestrap/res on the stock system. I'm just trying it out now :)

bWyLE9l.jpg

#1531 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

So this is what I have so far:

tGKTAPZ.png

laacYTS.png

It's VERY easy to install.

1. Save the above images as "background-safe.png" and "background-nonsafe.png". Make sure they are 960x540. If they don't save in this size, I can upload them elsewhere.
  2. Save to Ext SD card.
  3. Reboot into Stock ROM.
  4. Use a root explorer (ES File Explorer, etc) and navigate to the pictures. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE R/W PERMISSIONS (Menu>root explorer>mount R/W).
  5. Press and hold on the pictures, and copy the pictures.
  6. Navigate to /system/etc/safestrap/res.
  7. Paste and overwrite the existing files (Make a copy of the originals if you wish).
  8. Reboot and profit!

I will tweak the images, but since it is easy to do, hopefully this will inspire you guys to make your own!

Like this post if you use this. It will let me know if I should continue with it or not. Thanks! :)

• mugsy77, SoccerRef12, blackops1125 and 1 other like this

bWyLE9l.jpg

#1532 dwh2o13

dwh2o13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

No trouble, let us know how it goes after tonight

After being unable to remove the Backup Assistant cloud storage feature from my vzw account online, I simply called them to remove it for me.  Have not yet started over with deleting and re-install of the ROM until I receive a few more emails.  So far no 6520 vzwmin messages.. Hope it stays that way :)

#1533 SoccerRef12

SoccerRef12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Twitter:@SoccerRef12
  • LocationLampasas, TX
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:14 AM

I had to rename the "background-unsafe.png" to "background-nonsafe.png" for it to go into SS. Otherwise I got an error "E:file background-nonsafe.png not found"

"If you truly learned from your mistakes, I would be a genius by now!"

#1534 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:26 AM

I had to rename the "background-unsafe.png" to "background-nonsafe.png" for it to go into SS. Otherwise I got an error "E:file background-nonsafe.png not found"

Thanks, I missed that typo! I'll update it :)

bWyLE9l.jpg

#1535 stevegough

stevegough

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Location94002

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

i saw a thread for this Safestrap 'theming' when searching for something else related to safestrap and the thread was never answered if it was possible.

Simple .png files is the solution!

I was able to make it work with the correct titles.

I can see many variations of these in the future...right now i am looking into Star Wars Rogue Squadron images.

Thank you for this.

#1536 smithfolk4

smithfolk4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

I am having trouble getting the aokp to boot.  The first time I flashed it booted once.  When I restored some apps using TiBU it would no longer boot.  I have had this happen again.  I am only restoring user apps, no system apps.  Deleting the slot and reflashing has allowed me to boot the ROM on occasion.  Seems to be rather random as to whether I get the initial boot or not.  I have never been able to get it to boot a second time.  Most recently I have done the same steps to reflash, including deleting and recreating the slot (Yes - Slot 2), wiping, and reflashing.  Now the ROM won't flash at all.  I tried the Buttered AOKP and it would not flash either.  No problem with blur ROMs.  Any thoughts?  

Thanks.

#1537 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

I am having trouble getting the aokp to boot. The first time I flashed it booted once. When I restored some apps using TiBU it would no longer boot. I have had this happen again. I am only restoring user apps, no system apps. Deleting the slot and reflashing has allowed me to boot the ROM on occasion. Seems to be rather random as to whether I get the initial boot or not. I have never been able to get it to boot a second time. Most recently I have done the same steps to reflash, including deleting and recreating the slot (Yes - Slot 2), wiping, and reflashing. Now the ROM won't flash at all. I tried the Buttered AOKP and it would not flash either. No problem with blur ROMs. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I haven't heard of this before. Its odd that blur ROMs work but AOKP ROMs don't. It isn't a kernel issue since AOKP ROMs have the kernel built into them.

You can try searching the internal SD card for the safestrap folder and see if there are ROM slot 2 files still there when the ROM slot 2 is deleted.

My only other suggestion would be to start over again completely. Use the droid razr utility to fast boot your stock system back to stock JB, root, and then install safestrap again.

Let me know if you fix it :)

bWyLE9l.jpg

#1538 smithfolk4

smithfolk4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

I haven't heard of this before. Its odd that blur ROMs work but AOKP ROMs don't. It isn't a kernel issue since AOKP ROMs have the kernel built into them.

You can try searching the internal SD card for the safestrap folder and see if there are ROM slot 2 files still there when the ROM slot 2 is deleted.

My only other suggestion would be to start over again completely. Use the droid razr utility to fast boot your stock system back to stock JB, root, and then install safestrap again.

Let me know if you fix it :)

Will do.  It may be a couple days before I get to get back to stock unrooted.  The stock ROMs are okay with me.  I just wanted to start learning about aokp.  

I may try to reflash a few more times and see if I can get it stable before going all the way back.  

Thanks for the quick response.  

#1539 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

Just a quick battery life graph on AOKP. Much better than 1.0.3 and pretty close to Blur!

This is with 2.5hrs screen time and with 20% remaining. I would wait longer for a max battery usage graph, but I am doing for things in fast boot and want some battery life! :p

How are AOKP users finding the latest update?

Attached Files

bWyLE9l.jpg

#1540 nocturnalsixer

nocturnalsixer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

Zkk007 did you used wifi almost all the time? My og RAZR can't do that long on blur still...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aviator, ROM, OTA, ZKK007, Blur

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users