BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

Had a reboot in setup and no access to the keyboard during setup... just voice.

Yeah Setup is seriously hit and miss, sometimes it goes flawlessly sometimes but other times there are issues.

Maybe known issue but I'm at work and no time to read all the thread....wouldn't sync in Google.

It does, just made sure. You didn't give give permission to access your accounts. Reboot, check your status bar.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#622 zhichao22

zhichao22

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

I need help,all guys!! :o Can somebody provide GSM_Patch for Cyclone2.0? My phone is GSM Razr.I loved this series when i was on ICS. Battery life & performence are so good.Help again.Thanks all guys. :)

#623 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

I need help,all guys!! :o Can somebody provide GSM_Patch for Cyclone2.0? My phone is GSM Razr.I loved this series when i was on ICS. Battery life & performence are so good.Help again.Thanks all guys. :)

There's usually a guy that makes one... I'll make one in a few days if he hasn't.

Sent from my Fodizzle nizzle

• heblu and zhichao22 like this

#624 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

The new Chrome update is awesome, scrolling is much smother is the biggest part for me.

#625 rnh

rnh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationA Ct Yankee living in the land of Mass-oles
  • Current Device(s):Razr,

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

Before I decide to install this rom, can anyone tell me if the screen blacks out on medium or long phone calls? This is a problem on almost all roms I've tried with the exception of eclipse and paragon. Changing the mot.proximity.delay in the roms with this problem doesn't seem to help. Thanks for any responses.

#626 acslam

acslam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

Im noticing when I plug the phone into the hdmi dock, instead of "webtop/mirror" and a bunch of others I am only presented with "complete action using", and the only options are car home ultra or clock. I get the phone mirrored on my screen, but I use webtop constantly, not sure if it's intentionally gone or if something is weird with my install?

I should note that I keep a copy of the regular homescreen from moto just for the purpose of webtop working properly, but that doesn't seem to have had any effect on the system actually asking for/launching webtop in the past. It would work with whatever launcher is there, just that homescreen handled the seperate desktops best. I came from cyclone 1.5 and on that release the whole dock/webtop thing worked flawlessly.

Just tried the lapdock and same behavior, mouse and keyboard work and all but the phone screen is mirrored instead of webtop and the phone doesn't seem to ask for any dock options.........

#627 rnh

rnh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

By the way I use the stock browser. It supports flash and can be sized to autofit pages on opening and chrome can't. Chrome is a step backwards. I have no idea why both browsers couldn't be included but I'm sure the non-chrome stock browser can be added back in.
  • FrizzleFry likes this

#628 arrigob

arrigob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

By the way I use the stock browser. It supports flash and can be sized to autofit pages on opening and chrome can't. Chrome is a step backwards. I have no idea why both browsers couldn't be included but I'm sure the non-chrome stock browser can be added back in.

I totally understand your points, but to say its a step backwards is crazy to me. Flash is a step backwards. Web multimedia is going the way of HTML5 and leaving flash behind. It also keeps you in sync with desktop Chrome which is an amazing feature. I do hope we see the full screen option in the future though. Regardless, I wish you luck on your quest to restore the stock browser in a build. I just could not leave the backwards comment untouched.

#629 acslam

acslam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:44 AM

I just downloaded a deodexed stock rom zip and yanked both the stock browser and homescreen apks from there and installed them like normal from my phone, works awesome.

#630 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

Before I decide to install this rom, can anyone tell me if the screen blacks out on medium or long phone calls? This is a problem on almost all roms I've tried with the exception of eclipse and paragon. Changing the mot.proximity.delay in the roms with this problem doesn't seem to help. Thanks for any responses.

That's a problem with the JB leak and will happen regardless of what ROM.

Im noticing when I plug the phone into the hdmi dock, instead of "webtop/mirror" and a bunch of others I am only presented with "complete action using", and the only options are car home ultra or clock. I get the phone mirrored on my screen, but I use webtop constantly, not sure if it's intentionally gone or if something is weird with my install?

I should note that I keep a copy of the regular homescreen from moto just for the purpose of webtop working properly, but that doesn't seem to have had any effect on the system actually asking for/launching webtop in the past. It would work with whatever launcher is there, just that homescreen handled the seperate desktops best. I came from cyclone 1.5 and on that release the whole dock/webtop thing worked flawlessly.

Just tried the lapdock and same behavior, mouse and keyboard work and all but the phone screen is mirrored instead of webtop and the phone doesn't seem to ask for any dock options.........

I'll look into it and make a quick patch this morning or tonight. But I'll be patching that blind as I don't use Webtop.

Don't use flash. For some reason Flash and Java, the 2 most vulnerable things on the planet are pretty much the most used plugins on the Internet...

Having my bookmarks, history, passwords, Omnibox data and looks mean more to me than flash or autofit on pages.

Didn't put both browsers in for a few reasons:

Size of ROM
# of apps in app drawer
I really don't like to do stuff like that, to me it's compromising for the user a little to much.

And yes... Chrome can be taken out and replaced.

#631 rnh

rnh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

thanks for your perspective arrigob. I use both browsers. When I want flash I use the non chrome browser. Try watching abc.com or usa today shows on the chrome browser. Is there someone who considers that deficiency a step forward? I hate pinch to zoom and prefer a plus minus zoom bar so I can use my phone one handed . Html 5.will not replace completely flash for at least three to seven years, so I might as well have an iphone rather than the google razr and features I paid for.The non-chrome stock browser does sync with the chrome web browser to a large degree including bookmarks. That's my perspective.
Now to my original question about the blacked out screen during phone calls. Before I consider installing this rom, does the screen stay blacked out during phone calls, esp long ones or it responsive when pulled away from the face? thanks for any responses.
  • arrigob likes this

#632 acslam

acslam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

Thank you mr code! Other than HDMI, haven't noticed anything weird yet, and speed and stability seem much improved over the 1.5 I was running.

#633 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

Thank you mr code! Other than HDMI, haven't noticed anything weird yet, and speed and stability seem much improved over the 1.5 I was running.

Uploading 2.0.1 right now, has a few changes other than Webtop.

thanks for your perspective arrigob. I use both browsers. When I want flash I use the non chrome browser. Try watching abc.com or usa today shows on the chrome browser. Is there someone who considers that deficiency a step forward? I hate pinch to zoom and prefer a plus minus zoom bar so I can use my phone one handed . Html 5.will not replace completely flash for at least three to seven years, so I might as well have an iphone rather than the google razr and features I paid for.The non-chrome stock browser does sync with the chrome web browser to a large degree including bookmarks. That's my perspective.
Now to my original question about the blacked out screen during phone calls. Before I consider installing this rom, does the screen stay blacked out during phone calls, esp long ones or it responsive when pulled away from the face? thanks for any responses.

That blacked out screen in calls is a JB issue, doesn't depend on ROM. And to answer your question, yes it does.
  • mugsy77 likes this

#634 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

Do any of you know anything about Bitcoin? Considering using it for donations.

Edit: OP updated.

#635 rnh

rnh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

Thanks for all of your answers. As flick was the rom I settled on on ics I will try cyclone and Bytecode is such a good and responsive developer.
  • Sinju33 likes this

#636 HSD-Pilot

HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Current Device(s):RazR

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

:ph34r:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

728.95KB   2 downloads
  • BytecodeMe, heblu and zhichao22 like this

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#637 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

:ph34r:

Thanks HSD, someone asked for this for Cyclone last night in the chatroom. Great timing :) and thanks for your patches....not sure what these GSM people would do without you.
  • HSD-Pilot and BytecodeMe like this

#638 rnh

rnh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

I installed and set up cyclone and everything was working great until I tried using rocket player. Then anything sound or volume related froze. Plus the phone wouldn't reboot but hung and I had to force a reboot but it wouldn't repair. Any ideas Byte? Is it superuser related?

#639 HSD-Pilot

HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Current Device(s):RazR

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

Thanks HSD, someone asked for this for Cyclone last night in the chatroom. Great timing Posted Image and thanks for your patches....not sure what these GSM people would do without you.

Thanks, but the GSM World should thank Dtrail, because he provided us the clean Base for this Patch. What i do is just a lil bit Build.prop - edit to make it match with the Rom that should be used with it :ph34r:

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#640 Sinju33

Sinju33

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationGeorgia (US)
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

2.0.1: Got a reboot at start screen. After that auto reboot, setup wizard force close. After manual reboot, setup stuck on voice again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Droid Razr, Cyclone, Flick, Bytecode, CDMA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users