Eclipse 1.3

#582 jpeckinp

jpeckinp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

Is there a known problem with the default keyboard settings? I am unable to change my keyboards. I have Kii and Smart Keyboard and I can't set either of them as the default, the only thing on the default list is the android keyboard.

#583 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

Is there a known problem with the default keyboard settings? I am unable to change my keyboards. I have Kii and Smart Keyboard and I can't set either of them as the default, the only thing on the default list is the android keyboard.

I didn't have any problem setting SwiftKey as my default, maybe try reinstalling?
Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

#584 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

Eclipse 1.3

i dont think you need gapps for eclipse, but if you are ever needing gapps, find which android version you are on(the old settings, about phone, android version thing) then go here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

find your android version, then download the version on the chart that goes with it. good luck :)

2qa7hv4.jpg

Nice job on the signature, jl90...thanks! 

#585 jpeckinp

jpeckinp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

I didn't have any problem setting SwiftKey as my default, maybe try reinstalling?

I was able to get it working by doing cache wipes.

#586 kamisan

kamisan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:1kamisan
  • LocationAustin TX
  • Current Device(s):Bionic Galaxy GSIII

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

Mrlolli, installed rom is running well, 1200 is top speed of clock without modding it. governors seem to be stock ones though i see in init.d the modules script it does not seem to be loading, also seeing a kexec script but perms for the files is references are not letting it run. Changed perms but it does not seem to be doing anything, didnt know if it was supposed to or not, same with init'd scripts, sysctl script works (used script manager to test the different ones out since you dont see what loads or doesnt during boot) initdloader seems ok, just not loading the custom modules that may be a mute point if the kernel wouldn't work with them. JP's JB rom has the same thing with it. Have not tried any other 2.5 roms,, so far bluetooth works, camera (using gallery camera from jP's rom) and camera 360 (all 3rd party camera apps) work also. this rom is 99.9% .1 is the mic on speakerphone and link2sd doesnt play. TIBU works fine, all my games etc apps work.. using set cpu profiles to slow it down with screen off etc.. wifi connecting stable a few data pauses on weak 4g areas but the area might be as much to blame as anything. Nicely done. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
  • mrlolli likes this
I don't dial 911

#587 yungzoe0624

yungzoe0624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

Where do I install the circle widgets from?

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#588 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

open up your apps drawer, and at the top select widgets. long press the circles widget, then drop it on your homescreen when that shows up. then, a popup will come up with all of the widgets. select the circles widget again and thats it.

2qa7hv4.jpg

#589 yungzoe0624

yungzoe0624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

OK so this is totally off topic but I'm planning on getting the Samsung galaxy s4 when it comes out. I've read online that there are two different CPU processors the snapdragon 600 and the exynos 5 octa core which is actually a quad core but it still out performs the snapdragon 600. Well I read that the us is only getting the snapdragon 600 one while Europe and other countries are getting the exynos 5. I for one think that's straight bs since I'm planning on paying full price for the phone because I'm not losing my unlimited data with Verizon by upgrading. The question is will I be able to buy the s4 with the exynos 5 online from another country and if I do will it be able to get activated with Verizon.

#590 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):iPhod 3gs, Droid 2, Droid Bionic

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

OK so this is totally off topic but I'm planning on getting the Samsung galaxy s4 when it comes out. I've read online that there are two different CPU processors the snapdragon 600 and the exynos 5 octa core which is actually a quad core but it still out performs the snapdragon 600. Well I read that the us is only getting the snapdragon 600 one while Europe and other countries are getting the exynos 5. I for one think that's straight bs since I'm planning on paying full price for the phone because I'm not losing my unlimited data with Verizon by upgrading. The question is will I be able to buy the s4 with the exynos 5 online from another country and if I do will it be able to get activated with Verizon.

Verizon is super expensive man. If you're already paying full price, why not go with straight talk (45$/mo) or t- mobile (30$/mo)? Both unlimited data
I'm from the internet and so can you!

#591 kamisan

kamisan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

since were off topic there is a verizon trick to keep your unlimited data, but you need another phone with available upgrade and no data.. Use that phone for your new one, then call verizon and switch the new phone with your already data enabled unlimited data phone and your old non data one back to the line you just used for upgrade. Verizon knows about this- (as per the rep when I did it) and I did not do it trying to screw verizon, my wife picked up a SIII at chrismas for .99 using my daughters non data phone,, then we switched and the rep told us this was a loophole.. again you have to have the right stuff for this to work so it wont work for just anyone. I'd leave verizon in a heartbeat if any other service had the service they do where I live.... p.s. back to the thread- this rom is still my DD,, mic on speakerphone is a non issue. Speed is great, battery like most other roms, boot is slow.(not just to get to main screen but if you move alot of apps sd they do not work for a minute or two) .. but I really like it once its done! slot 1 is icarus hd 1.74 (my backup) slot 2 mrlolli's overdrive. (p.s. tried pacman rom also, back to this one, it was fun but gapps specific (i.e. get wrong version and rom broke) and I was feeling lazy) Mrlolli if you need any testers to mess with any future releases,,, just saying.. glad to run it through the mill, mess with it, mess with internals, try to break it, break it again,, glad to have roms to break. thank you again. p.s. if your getting app will not install maybe the leftover room, use the app drawer sd and start moving stuff, frees up internal memory and really removes the need for a link2sd app...
  • pistacio and nakedtime like this
I don't dial 911

#592 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

Thanks, kamisan, for the review. If i need a tester for some reason or other, i will let you know :)
  • kamisan likes this

2qa7hv4.jpg

#593 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

Ok Mr. Lolli, question:

I've been running V2.5 for a few weeks now and love the bleep out of it, I love the customization and the battery life is great. Now with that said, the last few days the ROM has been getting quirky, I'm getting media.com force closes, the screen will randomly turn on and stay on (in my pocket), angry birds froze with no errors, data turned itself off and a few other weird things. This morning it didn't sound my alarm to wake me up for work (baaad, baaad ROM) and since I'm on call for work this week, I've temporarily switched back to Icarus remix. Any ideas what could be happening? I'm thinking of wiping the slot and doing a full wipe and reinstall of all my apps but, as you know, that is a serious PIA!
Posted Image

#594 kamisan

kamisan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

I've been running V2.5 for a few weeks now and love the bleep out of it, I love the customization and the battery life is great. Now with that said, the last few days the ROM has been getting quirky, I'm getting media.com force closes, the screen will randomly turn on and stay on (in my pocket), angry birds froze with no errors, data turned itself off and a few other weird things. This morning it didn't sound my alarm to wake me up for work (baaad, baaad ROM) and since I'm on call for work this week, I've temporarily switched back to Icarus remix. Any ideas what could be happening? I'm thinking of wiping the slot and doing a full wipe and reinstall of all my apps but, as you know, that is a serious PIA!

I'm no Mr lolli but I might be able to give you some direction. I do not know your level of tweaking so if youv'e done this or don't get it do not be offended. I will gladly list details or other avenues if you have no success.

A few things to check,, first check for apps on the SD,, they load after everything if you have moved apps to SD with an app it often moves ones it should not.. if you move any music apps to sd it can do this. (move them back to internal). when your in manage apps/apps/ON SD CARD in settings the tab SD will show alot of apps and the ones with checkmarks are the ones loaded on SD others may or may not have the option to move there. If you restored data with TIBU for playlists it can do this. (wipe cache and data on music app in apps) homescreens, widgets etc do not like SD. /for me games and info related apps on SD have worked well and

Ive installed this rom a few times just to mess with it and find what breaks it. setting performance on boot with another cpu app also makes it glitch. If you have TIBU look at your apps. if you run a 3rd party homescreen use the convert to system app feature. also great to remove unwanted bloat,, if you have to little room left it starts to glitch. i have icarus on slot1 for safety but havent needed it. so far permissions and proper apps on SD have been my fix. Googleplay music and a baked miui music player are what i run. Also music mods mess with it,, you have to remove DSP manager then reboot. music FX or ac!d audio do not play with DSP or Beats.

Try a fix permissions also, especially if you used TIBU to restore and the restored settings do not have needed permissions to work....
As to PIA on apps, yeah I hear ya,, this rom should AUTO re download most apps then you can just do a data restore on the ones you need to. (games, bank apps, NOT SET CPU OR OTHER TWEAKING APP) if you restore data on an app you tweak with and you risk restoring a setting that is incompatible with the rom. Always just reset those up. usually system apps I recomend you re set up.. user apps other than tweaking apps restore data should work ok.

my.02 worth for what it is worth.

p.s. if you have questions on details like using root explorer to set perms etc.. PM me I will email something back-
  • mrlolli likes this
I don't dial 911

#595 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Wow, kamisan, that is an amazing answer, thanks :)

And...you dont wanna be a mrlolli...always getting your rear end kicked by little mac... :D

Lastly, i havent forgotten your question about adding ac!d to this. I am in the process of trying to get permission to use.

2qa7hv4.jpg

#596 pistacio

pistacio

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Locationsoutheast MA
  • Current Device(s):XT926 Razr Maxx HD, Xoom, Nexus 7 (car install)

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

since were off topic there is a verizon trick to keep your unlimited data, but you need another phone with available upgrade and no data.. Use that phone for your new one, then call verizon and switch the new phone with your already data enabled unlimited data phone and your old non data one back to the line you just used for upgrade. Verizon knows about this- (as per the rep when I did it) and I did not do it trying to screw verizon, my wife picked up a SIII at chrismas for .99 using my daughters non data phone,, then we switched and the rep told us this was a loophole.. again you have to have the right stuff for this to work so it wont work for just anyone. I'd leave verizon in a heartbeat if any other service had the service they do where I live....

I called vzw to cancel my insurance on two lines last week. The rep informed me of that exact sequence to keep unlimited... all true.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#597 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

I'm no Mr lolli but I might be able to give you some direction. I do not know your level of tweaking so if youv'e done this or don't get it do not be offended. I will gladly list details or other avenues if you have no success.

A few things to check,, first check for apps on the SD,, they load after everything if you have moved apps to SD with an app it often moves ones it should not.. if you move any music apps to sd it can do this. (move them back to internal). when your in manage apps/apps/ON SD CARD in settings the tab SD will show alot of apps and the ones with checkmarks are the ones loaded on SD others may or may not have the option to move there. If you restored data with TIBU for playlists it can do this. (wipe cache and data on music app in apps) homescreens, widgets etc do not like SD. /for me games and info related apps on SD have worked well and

Ive installed this rom a few times just to mess with it and find what breaks it. setting performance on boot with another cpu app also makes it glitch. If you have TIBU look at your apps. if you run a 3rd party homescreen use the convert to system app feature. also great to remove unwanted bloat,, if you have to little room left it starts to glitch. i have icarus on slot1 for safety but havent needed it. so far permissions and proper apps on SD have been my fix. Googleplay music and a baked miui music player are what i run. Also music mods mess with it,, you have to remove DSP manager then reboot. music FX or ac!d audio do not play with DSP or Beats.

Try a fix permissions also, especially if you used TIBU to restore and the restored settings do not have needed permissions to work....
As to PIA on apps, yeah I hear ya,, this rom should AUTO re download most apps then you can just do a data restore on the ones you need to. (games, bank apps, NOT SET CPU OR OTHER TWEAKING APP) if you restore data on an app you tweak with and you risk restoring a setting that is incompatible with the rom. Always just reset those up. usually system apps I recomend you re set up.. user apps other than tweaking apps restore data should work ok.

my.02 worth for what it is worth.

p.s. if you have questions on details like using root explorer to set perms etc.. PM me I will email something back-

Kamisan, thanks for the detailed response and all the suggestions. I still consider myself a noob with all things android but I've been messing with both the Droid X and Bionic for a couple of years now and have read a whole bunch of things on the DroidRZR and other forums so I try to fix things before I bug the developers. That said, I didn't make any mods to this one other than installing the Home launcher and circle widgets. The ROM was running great (as all of Mr. Lolli's usually do) until a few days ago when the problems I posted started occurring. I had a similar experience with CM10.1 and had to delete the slot and reinstall which is what I'm going to try for OverDrive 2.5. I'm not sure why this would be necessary unless somethng in the system caches is getting corrupted over time but I know it seemed to help CM10. FWIW, I use PowerAmp and all my music files reside on the external SD card and I don't use play lists (too lazy to set them up, random works just fine for me!). I've also run the set permissions from the SS screen and it hasn't found any problems (log file is always 0 bytes). So, I'll just keep plugging away at it!

And...you dont wanna be a mrlolli...always getting your rear end kicked by little mac... :D

Lastly, i havent forgotten your question about adding ac!d to this. I am in the process of trying to get permission to use.

So, does that mean we may see some more love for this ROM, or are you just going to wait for the "offical" JB to drop (if and when ever)?
Posted Image

#598 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

If i can make improvements and add features to this rom, i will do it. I will just keep my updates in the 2.x so that when official jb comes out i will jump it to 3 and see how it goes.

And also, thanks again for your interest in overdrive :)
  • matjmonk and kamisan like this

2qa7hv4.jpg

#599 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

If i can make improvements and add features to this rom, i will do it. I will just keep my updates in the 2.x so that when official jb comes out i will jump it to 3 and see how it goes.

And also, thanks again for your interest in overdrive :)

That would of course be if they can find a root exploit for the Bionic and JB, right?
Posted Image

#600 cgillie92

cgillie92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:05 AM

there is a flash able zip for ac!d v5 if you go to wiZzed bean op unless it has been removed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users