652 replies to this topic

#601 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:56 AM

there is a flash able zip for ac!d v5 if you go to wiZzed bean op unless it has been removed

I would love to just bundle it and up it, but permission is needed and that is what i am waiting on.

Sent from my XT875 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  • kamisan likes this

2qa7hv4.jpg

Nice job on the signature, jl90...thanks! 

#602 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

That would of course be if they can find a root exploit for the Bionic and JB, right?

you are absolutely right. i really shouldnt make assumptions about root. if i was nearly as talented as djrbliss i would take care of this for everyone
  • matjmonk likes this

2qa7hv4.jpg

#603 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

It's not so much an issue with KEEPING root as long as the steps have been taken to protect it.
What is unknown is if any of the known exploits will allow us to regain it if we have to reflash

Sent from my Icarus HD Edition Bionic

• mrlolli likes this

#604 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

i tried rootkeeper once, back in the day with my d2, and it did not work for me. i know i am in the vast minority with that happening, and my intention isnt to slam the dev...but that experience made me a little leery of jumping to the next os unless i knew there was an exploit in case it didnt work again. that is just how i am personally, though :)

2qa7hv4.jpg

#605 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

I don't plan on jumping to JB until I know for a fact that there is a exploit that works. Root his very important

#606 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

aint that the truth. i was gonna hold off for the first year before rooting my bionic when i first got it. that lasted...2 days! :lol:
  • matjmonk and nakedtime like this

2qa7hv4.jpg

#607 Thepatriotvirus

Thepatriotvirus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

aint that the truth. i was gonna hold off for the first year before rooting my bionic when i first got it. that lasted...2 days! :lol:

Same here :D

#608 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

well hey there, stranger :D . how have you been? :)

2qa7hv4.jpg

#609 Thepatriotvirus

Thepatriotvirus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

well hey there, stranger :D . how have you been? :)

Good! You? I'm just lurkin the bionic threads for a change. I sure do miss it!!

#610 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

Good! You? I'm just lurkin the bionic threads for a change. I sure do miss it!!

as is usually the case, i am trying to cook something up :lol: . you are right, there is an awesome bunch here in the bionic forums. i would miss everyone here if i lost my internet for some strange reason...like if a cow stepped on and broke the only internet cable coming into my cow town :lol:
  • RuMad likes this

2qa7hv4.jpg

#611 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:40 AM

I don't plan on jumping to JB until I know for a fact that there is a exploit that works. Root his very important

^^^ this!
  • mrlolli likes this
Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

#612 kamisan

kamisan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:1kamisan
  • LocationAustin TX
  • Current Device(s):Bionic Galaxy GSIII

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:01 AM

a little update for anyone getting process.androud.media has stopped error. go to apps find drm protected content storage and disable it. i was able to create the error from a few different things and though perms and clearing cache is a fix this did the trick without anything else. ran my internal storage under 120mb and it showed up (not sure the storage was the issue) disabled drm protected storage and it went away
  • matjmonk and mrlolli like this
I don't dial 911

#613 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

a little update for anyone getting process.androud.media has stopped error. go to apps find drm protected content storage and disable it. i was able to create the error from a few different things and though perms and clearing cache is a fix this did the trick without anything else. ran my internal storage under 120mb and it showed up (not sure the storage was the issue) disabled drm protected storage and it went away

Thanks for this tip :)

2qa7hv4.jpg

#614 ultrastigi

ultrastigi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:ultrastigi

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

I lasted 20 mins. That's how long it took me to get home and turn my computer on. I rooted it and ran Th3ory's ROM.

I don't think I have stayed on stock for more than an hr.

Sent from my Bionic

• mrlolli and kamisan like this

#615 kamisan

kamisan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

MrLolli,  have you seen much difference in the last few kexec kernels?
 I noticed a difference in size and date of ramdisk.img within the kexec folder between this and some of the nightly builds of other roms also using kexec,,
soooo  I got bored,, then updated my download of your rom with all the latest kexec files i could find for targa devices, then ripped out the modules script and test script(since its kexec there irrelevant) and dirty installed over my working overdrive,, everything runs,, seems snappier  (might be just the reload doing that)  took out the drm and verizon apps also, leaves a little more room after install and saves from removing it later and dumped in my apex and apex pro apk's so I dont have to mess with homescreen.   updated the LIB files also, only with ones with a newer date.    I've had faster results but not by much so far with any kexec kernel.  

Screenshot_2013-04-15-16-14-12_zpsdf7ce0

I don't dial 911

#616 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:26 AM

nice work, kamisan :) . i know that scripts aint working, but i still stuck them in there so if a simple fix comes out that fixes the scripting bug, then the scripts are already in place. also, i try to will things to happen, which doesnt work so well with android :D . i have been playing around with dhacker's april 10 unofficial build, getting real close... but yesterday was the first 70 degree day we have had here in new york in about 6 months so i was doing yard work instead, moving a downed black walnut tree. today i am walking around like an 80 year old :lol:

• kamisan likes this

2qa7hv4.jpg

#617 rvcjew

rvcjew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUSA,CA
  • Current Device(s):D1>D3>Bionic

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

question i took the plunge and have the ota and still have root so am i able to reinstall safestrap and install your rom again or will that mess something up?

D1:Steel Droid v.8 - D3: MavRom v.4.0 - Bionic: Slot 1:OverdriveAOKP 2.1<thanks mrlolli

#618 kamisan

kamisan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

rvcjew which ota?? jb or last ics.. regardless safestrap should work. remember this rom installs on slot 2 only for now. if you have the jb ota theres alota people looking for it to use to test root etc on. when you install safestrap it leaves your stock rom alone so it should not cause any harm to that
I don't dial 911

#619 rvcjew

rvcjew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUSA,CA
  • Current Device(s):D1>D3>Bionic

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

oh im on the jb ota yeah iv been running 2.2 before the ota cause i need the speakerhone to work, so i installed the ota kept root through the process of voodoo then re safe strapped and then deleted slot one and recreated it and now when i try to restore or even install 2.2 back as fresh it boots past safestrap and then goes to infinite black screen with soft keys lit up. I can still go back to my stock rom fine. hope this makes sense. EDIT: does this only work on slot two with the newer ones or also the older cause mine was on slot 1 for sure before. EDIT 2(lol): will this not run on the new ota jb kernel?

D1:Steel Droid v.8 - D3: MavRom v.4.0 - Bionic: Slot 1:OverdriveAOKP 2.1<thanks mrlolli

#620 kamisan

kamisan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

rvcjew getting the ota does not make other slots run on the ota kernel. only that rom will use its kernel. this rom uses a kexec kernel that loads over the exisiting one giving the jb functionality and also the kexec bugs that get sorted out here and there and this particular kexec likes slot 2 only. bluetooth works great camera works only major bug is speakerphone. small bugs are no big deal. sooo all that being saod if you must have speakerphone and jb your stock rom is it until it gets ripped and turned into roms.....
I don't dial 911

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users