#621 rvcjew

rvcjew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUSA,CA
  • Current Device(s):D1>D3>Bionic

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

rvcjew getting the ota does not make other slots run on the ota kernel. only that rom will use its kernel. this rom uses a kexec kernel that loads over the exisiting one giving the jb functionality and also the kexec bugs that get sorted out here and there and this particular kexec likes slot 2 only. bluetooth works great camera works only major bug is speakerphone. small bugs are no big deal. sooo all that being saod if you must have speakerphone and jb your stock rom is it until it gets ripped and turned into roms.....

Thanks that's what I figured but I was fine with 2.2 overdrive but I cant even get any rom to load on safestrap now in any slot, should I just reinstall safestrap from stock again? I cant get cm 10.1 or any other rom to boot it just goes to the black screen(cm 10.1 I got to at least look like it was going to boot but it never brought up the boot animation). My goal is to just get back to my 2.2 backup and be good till something comes out based on the ota. 

Thanks for your time people.

D1:Steel Droid v.8 - D3: MavRom v.4.0 - Bionic: Slot 1:OverdriveAOKP 2.1<thanks mrlolli

#622 kamisan

kamisan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:1kamisan
  • LocationAustin TX
  • Current Device(s):Bionic Galaxy GSIII

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:52 AM

Thanks that's what I figured but I was fine with 2.2 overdrive but I cant even get any rom to load on safestrap now in any slot, should I just reinstall safestrap from stock again? I cant get cm 10.1 or any other rom to boot it just goes to the black screen(cm 10.1 I got to at least look like it was going to boot but it never brought up the boot animation). My goal is to just get back to my 2.2 backup and be good till something comes out based on the ota. 

Thanks for your time people.

Yep- 

I would make sure you have the latest safestrap for bionic installed, 3.11 then choose install recovery,, if you already have the prog installed then just re install recovery 

I don't dial 911

#623 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

So Mr. Lolli (or anyone else), do we know if V2.5 will work on the new JB update? I was just wondering since I've read some things that say LiquidSmooth and some of the other ROMS out there work.

Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

#624 yungzoe0624

yungzoe0624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

When are we getting the new jb update?

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#625 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

When are we getting the new jb update?

You are probably gonna see pure jb blur roms come out first like team litespeed's sweet looking flying jelly rom, then aokp will be behind that. In the meantime, i am gonna backtrack to the last unofficial aokp rom from the official one because the unofficial is kexec and will work with safestrapped people who have updated to the ota stock jb. Either way, though, the fun will continue :)

Sent from my XT875 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

2qa7hv4.jpg

Nice job on the signature, jl90...thanks! 

#626 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

So Mr. Lolli (or anyone else), do we know if V2.5 will work on the new JB update? I was just wondering since I've read some things that say LiquidSmooth and some of the other ROMS out there work.

I am not 100%, but i dont think that the official aokp build on which 2.5 is based on is kexec, and if it aint kexec then it wont work with the jb update(this is my understanding, anyways). I am working on the latest unofficial build which is kexec so that it can be used by everyone regardless of build

2qa7hv4.jpg

#627 vince2796

vince2796

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Bionic

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

link to a video how to keep root. i did it and worked perfectly.

#628 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

Thanks for the link, vince. I do tend to err on the side of caution, though, and am gonna wait for the dust to settle a bit before i take the plunge to jb. When i am ready, though, the only way i will do it is sam's way. The HOB has never done me wrong.

2qa7hv4.jpg

#629 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Twitter:milski65

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

Saw someone post he's on update running aokp, liquid, cm 10.1 and overdrive blur (don't know what the last one is) <br /><br />Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />
  • mrlolli likes this

#630 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

Saw someone post he's on update running aokp, liquid, cm 10.1 and overdrive blur (don't know what the last one is)

Haha! You are just out of smacking distance lol. I didnt think anyone was using od blur anymore

• milski65 likes this

2qa7hv4.jpg

#631 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

We

Saw someone post he's on update running aokp, liquid, cm 10.1 and overdrive blur (don't know what the last one is)

Haha! You are just out of smacking distance lol. I didnt think anyone was using od blur anymore

Insert foot in mouth? Uh bouy. One of your creations?

• mrlolli likes this

#632 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

You are killing me, milski :D. You saying that od blur is working with the update just blew a big hole through my thinking...my pea-sized brain is ready to explode... :D

2qa7hv4.jpg

#633 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

You are killing me, milski :D. You saying that od blur is working with the update just blew a big hole through my thinking...my pea-sized brain is ready to explode... :D

I'm not running it, but I saw someone post the slots he's running, and yours was mentioned. I'll confirm with him.

• mrlolli likes this

#634 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Ok thanks...now you are trying to stop my brain from exploding...you are indeed a gentleman! :)

2qa7hv4.jpg

#635 yungzoe0624

yungzoe0624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

So what your saying is that the bionic is now running jb? Like officially...I'm sorry but I've been really busy with work... I'm in the military so I don't really have time to stay up to date on this stuff lol

#636 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Ok thanks...now you are trying to stop my brain from exploding...you are indeed a gentleman! :)

Your pea sized brain? I have NO idea what this potentially means to you or your plan moving forward. I have a negative pea sized brain at this point. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  • mrlolli likes this

#637 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

So what your saying is that the bionic is now running jb? Like officially...I'm sorry but I've been really busy with work... I'm in the military so I don't really have time to stay up to date on this stuff lol

First of all, thank you very much for your service. It is very appreciated :)

Now your question...the jellybean ota started rolling out monday so its all getting official now. However, our main root exploit man, djrbliss, retired, so if you wanna retain root head over to sam's thread on retaining it for the update. Please be sure to read it carefully and follow it to a t and you should be all set :)

2qa7hv4.jpg

#638 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

Guy just posted stating he can't get yours to boot. Sorry to stir the pot so to speak. <br /><br />Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

#639 kamisan

kamisan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:1kamisan
  • LocationAustin TX
  • Current Device(s):Bionic Galaxy GSIII

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

Tell him to feel free and post here, someone will help,  if its not slot 2 it wont work, if he dirty flashed it,, well it might work but really funky..   mess with the kernel and libs to much and it wont boot,, just saying,, (been dorking with it a bit lately until a new version comes)  best bet if all else fails,, delete slot, create slot, install boot-  dont do a dang thing,, wait,, let it run, reboot a time or so then start messing..  some root apps break it, since its kexec if you try some of the ICS tweaks it borks.   I keep a clean download then my modded ones,, finally last night had to do a whole delete slot thing... slot 2 though works,, its not overclocked so that should not be the issue,, I have seen safestrap bork from who knows what,, go back to stock slot or another working slot, re install the script,, reboot into it,, then install.  Seriously though if he posts someone will help and if anyone pm's me I will give what little I can back-  Iv's sponged off the dev community since the OG droid.

I don't dial 911

#640 yungzoe0624

yungzoe0624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

OK so my SD card isn't being recognized. I'm currently on $#!+ I forgot let me find out real quick what version I'm on lol. But the phone just rebooted while I was listening to music and then I still had to remove the battery. Love these ROMs but I seriously hate this phone can't wait until s4 comes out for verison. But now all I'm getting is you can safely remove your SD card. I did reboot and wiped cache and dalvic cache... still nothing. I'll also try to reboot into stock and see if the problem follows me. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users