Photo

([ROM]) BLACK WIDOW HDish v2 (3|17|13)

heavily debloated deodexed zipaligned zipalign on boot OTA based Enjoy the Darkness Verizon XT912 DROID RAZR DROID RAZR MAXX

• Please log in to reply
808 replies to this topic

#481 desdecardo

desdecardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

Nice Rom. Im getting awesome battery life. Like only dropping to 85% after a day at work instead of down to 35%. Totally digging it. Havent found any issues yet.
  • andlaw likes this
~~Current Rom: Black Widow HDish~~

#482 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

Another rom problem Andlaw...it wont let me install a different rom. An error pops up saying Black Widows too awesome to be replaced and Terry Crews comes out of no where holding the razr with the black widow boot animation and screaming like in the old spice comercials...is this a common problem? Lmao

ahha, thats awesome! BW FTW!!!!! !!

I like it man, alot. Very smooth like a babies bum!! Dude you going google x?

you know this, Man! B)

Thanks for another great release. smooth as silk. Installed perfectly and no issues after hours of abuse, thanks again. :)

No problemo~ glad its running good for you, and hope you are enjoying BW just a Widow bit... hoepfully more than the others :lol: :rolleyes:

Nice Rom. Im getting awesome battery life. Like only dropping to 85% after a day at work instead of down to 35%. Totally digging it. Havent found any issues yet.

That is pretty good! Glad your enjoying the BW ROM!~

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#483 jnuts5423

jnuts5423

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

i put my brother on this last night. Its smooth as silk. Almost as smooth as my note 2. lol. Question i have, is the themed hdgtalk. Keeps force closing everytime I go into the app. We use the talk app almost daily. any body else experiencing this with the blacked out version of gtalk? I looked through the whole thread, and nobody has reported, however this build just launched yesterday if im reading correctly.

#484 mvp4him3

mvp4him3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 7, RazR MAXX

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

ahha, thats awesome! BW FTW!!!!! !!

you know this, Man! B)

No problemo~ glad its running good for you, and hope you are enjoying BW just a Widow bit... hoepfully more than the others :lol: :rolleyes:

That is pretty good! Glad your enjoying the BW ROM!~

Nice man! Will you will have a faithful user coming with you to that beast of a phone when it drops.
  • andlaw likes this
Posted Image

#485 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo 64GB, Nexus 7, Midnight

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

got Enhanced email working, and loving this! Totally worth the upgrade. Epic battery life, smooth and fast switching! Found out the hard way the added governors don't work with this kernel... doh... can't complain though since I doubt I would have noticed a difference! Great job man!

#486 ardeleon09

ardeleon09

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:shadowdroidx
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Just installed this rom after running stock for awhile. Everything is running so smooth and the theming work is amazing. I am having one problem though, someone has mentioned it before, I'm trying to install the moto home zip. I downloaded it multiple times with different browsers to no avail. It still tells me flash failed unable to open "file extension". Thanks ahead of time.

#487 james

james

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Locationsouthern cali
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 Verizon

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

what is the best scheduler and governor to run together for best performance

#488 PwnFx

PwnFx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Anyone else having major wifi issues?

#489 JnX777

JnX777

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx (XT912)

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

Final rockin' well, 12 hour shift, 92 voice calls, 108 txts, PowerAmp/bluetooth during shift, 74% battery remaining!! Life in the Darkness!! :wub: :P

how you do to get insane battery life? i have the maxx and after a normal day i got 25% :C

Posted Image

#490 ardeleon09

ardeleon09

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:shadowdroidx
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

Well I installed the apks the regular way, moto home runs a little sluggish but I read that making it a system app could help.

No problems here what problems you experiencing?

#491 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

what is the best scheduler and governor to run together for best performance

i like Ondemand/noop. .. seems to run pretty fluid with minimal lag.

Wifi should be working just fine, what seems to be the "major" issues with it?

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#492 dave5777

dave5777

Crack Flashing MOFO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX, NEXUS 7 32gb

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

No WiFi issues here :-)

#493 Shilalygawd

Shilalygawd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:twitter.com/Shilalygawd
  • LocationMarshall, TX

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

This is my first time trying out this rom and it's incredible. I have one problem, though; I keep getting an error when I try to flash the motolauncher zip. I really love the look of that circle clock, weather widget...can anyone help me get this to work?

Edit: Nevermind, I guess my first download was corrupt. Re-downloaded the file and got everything working now. Thanks for the great rom!

All you did was redownload it? I've done that four times, and I keep getting a fail error when I try to flash too lol

#494 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo 64GB, Nexus 7, Midnight

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

I have a quite possibly moronic question, but I've never tried this successfully outside of a CM-based ROM.

I'd like to update the Gmail app to the newest version, but I read it would most likely break the themed version (as I'd expect). I also read you expect this is the last version, which means it wouldn't likely get the Gmail updated in another build.

My question is if there's a file of your theme backed up in the system files somewhere so I could attempt to re-theme the system after a gmail update using the theme manager in ROM Toolbox? Worth a shot at least. Otherwise, everything is smooth sailing thus far!

#495 crf450r420

crf450r420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Locationmelbourne
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

First, I really like the dark ROM. I couldn't go without a calender any longer so I went back to stock for a while and I'm getting to this one late. Which means the thread is very long, mostly full of repeated stupid questions. I unfortunately got started on an old one, so I'm just flashing V2 final now. First try I got a lot of color. Second try is all black, everything. Why are there two cameras or is that not right? If it's covered sorry I tried to read everything and got most of it.

Next I have a problem that I'm not sure how I got. My phone now always boots right to the AP Fastboot screen. It won't power down from there. I have to use the power button to get a blank screen. Then use all three buttons to get the Boot Menu and then if I select Normal Boot it will start as normal. I also can't get it to flash to any other Kernals. Anyone have any clue what happened or what I need to do to get it back to normal? Thanks.

#496 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

First, I really like the dark ROM. I couldn't go without a calender any longer so I went back to stock for a while and I'm getting to this one late. Which means the thread is very long, mostly full of repeated stupid questions. I unfortunately got started on an old one, so I'm just flashing V2 final now. First try I got a lot of color. Second try is all black, everything. Why are there two cameras or is that not right? If it's covered sorry I tried to read everything and got most of it.

Next I have a problem that I'm not sure how I got. My phone now always boots right to the AP Fastboot screen. It won't power down from there. I have to use the power button to get a blank screen. Then use all three buttons to get the Boot Menu and then if I select Normal Boot it will start as normal. I also can't get it to flash to any other Kernals. Anyone have any clue what happened or what I need to do to get it back to normal? Thanks.

correct there are 2 cameras. they are both of different source~ one is google camera (4.2 source) and the other is blur camera (4.1 source). I included the blur camera because it has full libs giving the ability to Edit your media... the google camera will FC when trying to edit an image.
as far as your AP fastboot problem, that is not my ROM related problem your having... and i am not sure what is, so you might try asking in safestrap thread or something..... but you have to have your phones USB debugging enabled to flash things to your phone in AP fastboot (kernels and such), and im not sure what Boot menu your referring to, but i hope your using Safestrap Recovery? :ph34r:

Posted Image

#497 crf450r420

crf450r420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Locationmelbourne
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

correct there are 2 cameras. they are both of different source~ one is google camera (4.2 source) and the other is blur camera (4.1 source). I included the blur camera because it has full libs giving the ability to Edit your media... the google camera will FC when trying to edit an image.
as far as your AP fastboot problem, that is not my ROM related problem your having... and i am not sure what is, so you might try asking in safestrap thread or something..... but you have to have your phones USB debugging enabled to flash things to your phone in AP fastboot (kernels and such), and im not sure what Boot menu your referring to, but i hope your using Safestrap Recovery? :ph34r:

Okay, then my install is probably good to go this time. I like the blur camera better anyways, so thanks for the choice.

Yeah, I know it's not your ROM, but thought I'd see if anyone knew of the top of there head. I'll have to check the Debugging. Maybe it wasn't on with the bad first install and caused the issue or somethings. Either way I have everything backed up and I can get around it. I just have to use the .16 as I can't flash to another. Right now that Hot Reboot is my friend. LOL

#498 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

Okay, then my install is probably good to go this time. I like the blur camera better anyways, so thanks for the choice.

Yeah, I know it's not your ROM, but thought I'd see if anyone knew of the top of there head. I'll have to check the Debugging. Maybe it wasn't on with the bad first install and caused the issue or somethings. Either way I have everything backed up and I can get around it. I just have to use the .16 as I can't flash to another. Right now that Hot Reboot is my friend. LOL

heh yeah the reboot and hot reboot come in handy for sure!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD™

Posted Image

#499 prosaschi

prosaschi

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Google+:paulrosaschi@gmail.com
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

Great and smooth ROM!
  • andlaw likes this

#500 tueyjr

tueyjr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

Great ROM! I am really enjoying the theme and functions. My question is whether or not there is a way to get the regular old visual Voicemail. I tried a TB restore but it just hangs. I think there may be an mms dependency.

Any thoughts? I know most people don't use the stock version, but I do and would prefer to get it up and running.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: heavily debloated, deodexed, zipaligned, zipalign on boot, OTA based, Enjoy the Darkness, Verizon XT912, DROID RAZR, DROID RAZR MAXX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users