Photo

([ROM]) BLACK WIDOW HDish v2 (3|17|13)

heavily debloated deodexed zipaligned zipalign on boot OTA based Enjoy the Darkness Verizon XT912 DROID RAZR DROID RAZR MAXX

• Please log in to reply
808 replies to this topic

#501 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

Great ROM! I am really enjoying the theme and functions. My question is whether or not there is a way to get the regular old visual Voicemail. I tried a TB restore but it just hangs. I think there may be an mms dependency.

Any thoughts? I know most people don't use the stock version, but I do and would prefer to get it up and running.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

gonna be kinda hard to want blur to run on a build that has been completely gutted, prolly will have better chances of running stock, or a ROM that isn't as heavily debloated as mine :ph34r:

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD™

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#502 GroveJay

GroveJay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

I have a quite possibly moronic question, but I've never tried this successfully outside of a CM-based ROM. I'd like to update the Gmail app to the newest version, but I read it would most likely break the themed version (as I'd expect). I also read you expect this is the last version, which means it wouldn't likely get the Gmail updated in another build. My question is if there's a file of your theme backed up in the system files somewhere so I could attempt to re-theme the system after a gmail update using the theme manager in ROM Toolbox? Worth a shot at least. Otherwise, everything is smooth sailing thus far!

I would also like to know how to do this. The new Gmail update has a sweet notification button to archive messages.

#503 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

I would also like to know how to do this. The new Gmail update has a sweet notification button to archive messages.

uhmmm... I already include gmail version 4.2. and you simply swipe messages to archive, and you can pinch to zoom in your emails.... I see they have an "update" but has any1 accepted it to see what the actual version # is??

here is what's included:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

72.42KB   18 downloads

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#504 GroveJay

GroveJay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

uhmmm... I already include gmail version 4.2. and you simply swipe messages to archive, and you can pinch to zoom in your emails.... I see they have an "update" but has any1 accepted it to see what the actual version # is??

here is what's included:

72.42KB   18 downloads

Updating produces an error ("Package file was not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous copy of the app and try again"). I can do that if you want so we can see the version number. The "newest" update may have happened as recently as

. The pinching is something I didn't know about, but swiping only dismisses the notification I believe. They've added an archive button for single email notifications.

#505 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

I installed this Rom a day ago and last evening experienced a lockup (black screen) and couldn't wake phone without forcing a hard reset. Any ideas?

#506 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

Updating produces an error ("Package file was not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous copy of the app and try again"). I can do that if you want so we can see the version number. The "newest" update may have happened as recently as

. The pinching is something I didn't know about, but swiping only dismisses the notification I believe. They've added an archive button for single email notifications.

swiping over any alert on the notification panel will clear the alert, its been this way since ICS.. well the same thing goes inside gmail. when your viewing the jnbox, if you swipe left or right on an email it will archive it... just like when you are viewing an actual email... there is an archive button on the bottom left row

65.92KB   15 downloads

Posted Image

#507 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

I installed this Rom a day ago and last evening experienced a lockup (black screen) and couldn't wake phone without forcing a hard reset. Any ideas?

lol who knows...... not like its never happened once before in the past, while flashing custom firmware~

might help if you said more, like what you were doing or what app/s you had open while it did it. and it wouldn't surprise me if this happened if you restored apps+data with tibu, I see more and more problems when people do. but just because it blacks out once doesn't mean the end of the world or what exactly caused it.... freakish $#!+ happens ~ highly doubt it was the ROM though. ..... :ph34r:

Posted Image

#508 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

lol who knows...... not like its never happened once before in the past, while flashing custom firmware~

might help if you said more, like what you were doing or what app/s you had open while it did it. and it wouldn't surprise me if this happened if you restored apps+data with tibu, I see more and more problems when people do. but just because it blacks out once doesn't mean the end of the world or what exactly caused it.... freakish $#!+ happens ~ highly doubt it was the ROM though. ..... :ph34r:

I found the phone in this state whilst it was just sitting by chance without it being used or running any apps. I did and have always in the past used TIBU to restore Apps/Data only (NOT SYSTEM). Not trying to blame the ROM as I have had it happen on certain builds on other ROMs on occasion. I have two other ROMs running in my 2nd and 3rd slot that haven't exibited this behavior as of yet. Not trying to slam Black Widow in any way, just trying to find the root of the cause if possible and share if others have had this experience by my reporting of it.

#509 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

I found the phone in this state whilst it was just sitting by chance without it being used or running any apps. I did and have always in the past used TIBU to restore Apps/Data only (NOT SYSTEM). Not trying to blame the ROM as I have had it happen on certain builds on other ROMs on occasion. I have two other ROMs running in my 2nd and 3rd slot that haven't exibited this behavior as of yet. Not trying to slam Black Widow in any way, just trying to find the root of the cause if possible and share if others have had this experience by my reporting of it.

well I will say it again, my bet is TiBu, for the fact you do App,+data, not just App. The only time I do a restore of App+data is if the backup I created and am restoring... is the same system. any other time, I just restore App only, I then go in and setup all of my apps... then force redo all of my backups., so then next time I flash the same ROM. I will do a restore of App,+data, because its loading the app data, that's been stored, from the same system.

so as a dev, and fellow ex crackflasher.... can't stress enough to avoid restoring data with apps, especially if you run into problems.... that would already trigger in my mind, to go back and reflash, and not restore apps with tibu and see if it happens again. anyways..... :ph34r:

Posted Image

#510 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

all I can really say on the matter, is I always install from a full wipe, and I only restore Apps when I do, do a restore from TiBu, and my $#!+ is fluid, battery sipping, and don't recall any random force closes, shut downs or any other issues.. *knocks on wood**

Posted Image

#511 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

well I will say it again, my bet is TiBu, for the fact you do App,+data, not just App. The only time I do a restore of App+data is if the backup I created and am restoring... is the same system. any other time, I just restore App only, I then go in and setup all of my apps... then force redo all of my backups., so then next time I flash the same ROM. I will do a restore of App,+data, because its loading the app data, that's been stored, from the same system.

so as a dev, and fellow ex crackflasher.... can't stress enough to avoid restoring data with apps, especially if you run into problems.... that would already trigger in my mind, to go back and reflash, and not restore apps with tibu and see if it happens again. anyways..... :ph34r:

Thanks, I will likely revisit from scratch and only restore App with TIBU.

#512 stryker

stryker

-.[.Stryker.Originals.].-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

This ROM is so awesome and works great!! Love all the inverted apps. I hate white backgrounds. The thing I like the most is you don't put built in notification toggles in that you can't change. I love being able to pick my own with power toggles. I don't even flash roms that have the built in ones. Do that work!!

-=[.stryker.originals.]=-

stryker_sig1.png

#513 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

This ROM is so awesome and works great!! Love all the inverted apps. I hate white backgrounds. The thing I like the most is you don't put built in notification toggles in that you can't change. I love being able to pick my own with power toggles. I don't even flash roms that have the built in ones. Do that work!!

heh tru DAT! I originally had them baked in. but after realizing how many posts I know i would get about not being able to change them.. I said screw it and just left the power control toggles app in there, so the people can choose what they want! colors, style, etc... the app is beast mode!! :ph34r:

Posted Image

#514 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:mystropro

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Every time I boot I get a text message force close and can't seem to get into setup the device (it stays on the Please Wait for over 20 minutes). - I did all four wipes prior to install. Very strange.

EDIT: Fixed it - completely deleted the slot and it has booted up now correctly with no issues.

#515 stryker

stryker

-.[.Stryker.Originals.].-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

One app I noticed doesn't work is Google Keep. It just force closes and never opens. I'm not sure why it would not work.

stryker_sig1.png

#516 PwnFx

PwnFx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Wifi should be working just fine, what seems to be the "major" issues with it?

Perhaps it's my router then, though the previous BW I was running worked more than the current version.
My issue is that 90% of the time, I cannot connect to my home network, though I've never tried any other networks (since I don't go anywhere else that has wireless internet).
It shows it being connected, but I get no upload/download arrows, the signal bars are blue though.
Other than that, this build is incredible, it's nice to have flash back on the camera, and my data finally works almost anywhere I go, as with the previous version, it didn't work anywhere which was never really a problem since I never use it anyway
Yesterday I tried connecting constantly over a span of maybe 5 hours? I reset my router and modem many times, to no avail.

I can't wait for BW AOKP, I was really sad when I realized that this build was just a base build and had none of the fancy customizations of the other mods.
I really liked the top battery bar rather than having the battery icons/percentages, and I loved being able to center my clock/date/etc in the notification bar.
I also should have probably stated that I'm on the build prior to your "final" release, since I had just got done fully customizing and configuring everything, and then you released a new update! Lol.

Overall, no major complaints from me, very satisfied.
Keep up the good work, been using BW for as long as I can remember.

#517 soundgirl101

soundgirl101

CM11 KitKat Addict

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Current Device(s):DROID OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

In rom wifi settings, under advanced, make sure to uncheck "avoid poor connections", have ran into this issue, this has fixed it!!

xt912 CM11 KitKat, JBX Powered, SS3.72 Slot 1

#518 luigi10011

luigi10011

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

I like the rom, did everything as stated above but my phone is just locked on the "Please wait, this may take a few minutes." for the past 20 minutes xD what happened?

#519 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

I like the rom, did everything as stated above but my phone is just locked on the "Please wait, this may take a few minutes." for the past 20 minutes xD what happened?

there have been a few people that have reported this. I was unable to replicate this issue to find a work around. I might suggest for you to hard reset your device, re-enter safestrap recovery... activate a different ROM slot, then delete the previous ROM slot you tried flashing in.... set up a new partition (choose atleast 2GB partition), and then choose to install the ROM. (always make sure to wipe what i have listed and in the order as listed, stated in the OP..., Wipe data, then wipe cache, then dalvik, and then system.... i like to repeat this, so go once more around clockwise.... data/cache/dalvik and then system, then install the HDish v2.1.

Btw if you running the 98.72.16 system/kernel on your stock side, and using safestrap 3.11. .. you really shouldnt have any problems getting the ROM to install~ but if and when ever in doubt.... definitely try and delete the entire ROM slot and then setup from scratch! always worth a shot**

Posted Image

#520 hidakachi

hidakachi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

@Luigi
Check Stro023s post a few posts back.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: heavily debloated, deodexed, zipaligned, zipalign on boot, OTA based, Enjoy the Darkness, Verizon XT912, DROID RAZR, DROID RAZR MAXX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users