Photo

([ROM]) BLACK WIDOW HDish v2 (3|17|13)

heavily debloated deodexed zipaligned zipalign on boot OTA based Enjoy the Darkness Verizon XT912 DROID RAZR DROID RAZR MAXX

• Please log in to reply
808 replies to this topic

#761 Stabone

Stabone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

Question on deleting things. Is it better to do it through titanium backup or just using root browser to go to system and delete the APKs?

#762 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:buckeyestilidie@yahoo.com

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

Anybody else having problems with the rom running laggy or slow? Just started the other day, never happened before and it's kind of annoying. Also it doesn't show pictures on Facebook or Twitter. Other than that it runs good.

#763 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

Anybody else having problems with the rom running laggy or slow? Just started the other day, never happened before and it's kind of annoying. Also it doesn't show pictures on Facebook or Twitter. Other than that it runs good.

My phone does this after awhile on any ROM. On Nitro's ROM (the name escapes me), it was the worst. I guess its just getting old, since my old Droid X did it toward the end

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#764 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:21 AM

Question on deleting things. Is it better to do it through titanium backup or just using root browser to go to system and delete the APKs?

I don't think it matters. My understanding is that all the remaining parts of the deleted apk will be deleted along with it after a reboot
  • Stabone likes this

#765 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:57 AM

I don't think it matters. My understanding is that all the remaining parts of the deleted apk will be deleted along with it after a reboot

Some of The "leftovers" from a deleted apk will remain until you wipe cache and dalvik, regardless of how they are deleted :)

"... try not, do! or do not! there is no try..."

• Stabone likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#766 Stabone

Stabone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

Some of The "leftovers" from a deleted apk will remain until you wipe cache and dalvik, regardless of how they are deleted :)

"... try not, do! or do not! there is no try..."

Thanks. I wasn't sure. For some reason Titanium Backup wouldn't delete some apps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#767 turn8

turn8

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

can anyone help me flash this without safety strap? 

what are other recovery options that will work?

#768 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

can anyone help me flash this without safety strap?

what are other recovery options that will work?

Their is none that I know of until the Dev's Fix or change to the New Safestrap 3.53...

This is the only way you'll be able to flash unless your currently on SS 3.11...then this should work with Black Widow

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#769 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:01 AM

Their is none that I know of until the Dev's Fix or change to the New Safestrap 3.53...

This is the only way you'll be able to flash unless your currently on SS 3.11...then this should work with Black Widow

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Personally, I think Black Widow is the Best Dark ROM so far...

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#770 prosaschi

prosaschi

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Google+:paulrosaschi@gmail.com
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

I agree with the above statement, this ROM does kick rear end!

• neckchop, The Persuader, Stabone and 1 other like this

#771 soundgirl101

soundgirl101

CM11 KitKat Addict

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Current Device(s):DROID OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

I have used andlaw's Black Widow roms since ICS, I'm still in luv with it as my daily, a sweet-rear end Resident Evil theme by wulf, WILL NOT break Black Widow for Google anythiing!! Google Now for example, eats the battery, not Widow friendly, see ya!! :wub: :p

• andlaw and neckchop like this

xt912 CM11 KitKat, JBX Powered, SS3.72 Slot 1

#772 mrctt

mrctt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

as much as i love the blacked out system icons and i really do love them...  i keep my brightness on my phone really low normally 20-30% and always use a black background for battery life,  they are hard to see on my phone desktop.  Is there a way to just change those icons back to normal?

P.S.  Thank you for giving us clock ap with more than just an alarm... ragerom's clock ap just had an alarm so i ended up downloading an ap as a work around. 

has anyone noticed a loss in wifi signal and does anyone have a workaround for this?

Razr Maxx XT912

Thanks,

CJ

#773 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

as much as i love the blacked out system icons and i really do love them... i keep my brightness on my phone really low normally 20-30% and always use a black background for battery life, they are hard to see on my phone desktop. Is there a way to just change those icons back to normal?

P.S. Thank you for giving us clock ap with more than just an alarm... ragerom's clock ap just had an alarm so i ended up downloading an ap as a work around.

has anyone noticed a loss in wifi signal and does anyone have a workaround for this?

Razr Maxx XT912

Thanks,
CJ

post 5, number IV.

as for WiFi, I sold this device with my ROM on it to my brother, he uses it daily and all WiFi and has never mentioned to me About loss of signal.. And I've never noticed it stop while using it at work for streaming music all day. I'd be curious to see if others are or not???! :ph34r:

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#774 mrctt

mrctt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

post 5, number IV.

as for WiFi, I sold this device with my ROM on it to my brother, he uses it daily and all WiFi and has never mentioned to me About loss of signal.. And I've never noticed it stop while using it at work for streaming music all day. I'd be curious to see if others are or not???! :ph34r:

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

This is my fault I should have worded that better.  A reduction in signal strength is what i meant to say.  I have 2 razer maxes one is running rage rom the other black widow.  I am getting an extra bar of wifi signal strength on the ragerom device.  when i switch the slot to the ragerom version on the black widow phone it still seems like im getting an extra bar part of the time. It could be just really bad luck on the black widow os, but i thought i would toss that up here and see if you had any ideas for me.  It is super important for me because at work cellular signal doesnt get out in alot of areas and we have wireless repeaters set up everywhere to make the wifi signal better but black widow doesn't seem to be playing nice with them sometimes.

do you know if the icon pack will work with nova settings?  I have always used nova so it was entirely too tempting to dl it and run a restore instead of setting up everything by hand again.

Thank you for the fast response i appreciate it.

CJ

#775 kechlion

kechlion

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:02 AM

Disclaimer - This is my first ever rooted phone and my first ever attempt at installing a ROM so I fully admit to not knowing wtf I'm doing.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get BW to successfully install. I followed the guide (

) as best as I could and it just doesn't work. 

Steps that I've taken : 

• Phone rooted
  • Safestrap 3.60 installed
  • Recovery state installed via safestrap
  • Downloaded ROM at 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

, moved to SDCard
  • Created backup of stock ROM
  • Created ROM slot 1 as 2gig slot
  • Wiped cache, delivk, and factor reset the slot,
  • Installed ROM - this is the part where I think it's failing. I get the little Black Widow ascii logo. The video says it takes 2-5 minutes, mine installs in about 15-20 seconds. I've tried wiping the ROM slot, and re-downloading the ROM. When I go to reboot it says 'No OS is installed'. after the reboot, it goes past the safestrap screen and just stays black with no boot animations or anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

#776 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

Disclaimer - This is my first ever rooted phone and my first ever attempt at installing a ROM so I fully admit to not knowing wtf I'm doing.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get BW to successfully install. I followed the guide (
) as best as I could and it just doesn't work.

Steps that I've taken :

• Phone rooted
  • Safestrap 3.60 installed
  • Recovery state installed via safestrap
  • Downloaded ROM at

, moved to SDCard
  • Created backup of stock ROM
  • Created ROM slot 1 as 2gig slot
  • Wiped cache, delivk, and factor reset the slot,
  • Installed ROM - this is the part where I think it's failing. I get the little Black Widow ascii logo. The video says it takes 2-5 minutes, mine installs in about 15-20 seconds. I've tried wiping the ROM slot, and re-downloading the ROM. When I go to reboot it says 'No OS is installed'. after the reboot, it goes past the safestrap screen and just stays black with no boot animations or anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

* Noticed you didn't Wipe Systems
* BW may Not be Updated to SS 3.60 to Flash...l will be trying to Flash BW this weekend on 3.60...Will see

Awesome ROM by the way...

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#777 NWKENT

NWKENT

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:30 AM

Use SafeStrap 3.11

sent by my Droid RAZR Maxx

#778 kechlion

kechlion

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

Use SafeStrap 3.11

sent by my Droid RAZR Maxx

Is it as simple as using that version of safestrap? 

Also, does anyone have a link to 3.11 safestrap? Searched for it and it doesn't look like they're hosting it. I found an alternate site here : 

but I'm unsure about the skecthitude of this site.

• The Persuader likes this

#779 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:42 AM

* Make sure you flash back to Stock Root first to update * Goto Safestrap...Open * Then Uninstall 3.60 then Update to 3.11... Reboot... Put 3.60 into your External SD File as a keeper for later on It's Bubba "Stubborn In Your Bones"
  • NWKENT likes this

#780 NWKENT

NWKENT

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

Absolutely.. 3.11 does perfect back ups and restores..never has failed me with the RAZR's.. sent by my Droid RAZR Maxx

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: heavily debloated, deodexed, zipaligned, zipalign on boot, OTA based, Enjoy the Darkness, Verizon XT912, DROID RAZR, DROID RAZR MAXX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users