#61 mr2fngrz

mr2fngrz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, Razr M

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

Yeah normally that's the case especially with ROM specific system apps. However I found that the culprit was a setting in TB that was causing the apps top download to the external SD card instead of the system

#62 oneillperson

oneillperson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

Dumb question, but does Safestrap work for flashing this? It would be nice to keep my stock ROM while I test out CM10.1.

#63 Mr_Smiggers

Mr_Smiggers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

Well okay i have a few questions. I'm new to flashing with CWM on the Razr HD i'm used to safestrap. Do i have to do any special to install this Rom on CWM? Do i just wipe dalvik/cache and then install the ROM and Gapps package? Do i have to mount my system before i flash? I'm used to just wiping the cache and all that on SafeStrap. If i make a backup of my current stock Rom would i be able to just restore that if i choose to ever go back (asking this because i know this ROM uses a custom kernel). And lastly does this ROM support OTA support for say when Hashcode releases a new build?

Sorry for all the questions i just want to make sure as for many this is new and unexplored territory for us Moto People.

#64 curtdragon

curtdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

Can't wait until the camera works!

#65 chucklehead

chucklehead

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

If that were working this would be pretty near complete. I've been running it all day now after being unlocked and it's been perfect!!

I can't wait to see all the goodies that start to come out now!!
  • anddep likes this

#66 trebills

trebills

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

Same here. I flashed this ROM and now can't restore or flash stock ROM or any other rom other than cm10.1. Won't boot. Tried mounting system still no go. Other than camera it's smooth. Way more butter compared to motos version of JB.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

VPYxJ21.png

#67 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

Same here. I flashed this ROM and now can't restore or flash stock ROM or any other rom other than cm10.1. Won't boot. Tried mounting system still no go. Other than camera it's smooth. Way more butter compared to motos version of JB.

might be because any other rom doesnt install a kernel so your using this kernel with a rom that doesnt support :)
  • trebills likes this

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#68 trebills

trebills

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

might be because any other rom doesnt install a kernel so your using this kernel with a rom that doesnt support :)

So I stepped on it big time. there is no stock ROM that flashes kernel?

VPYxJ21.png

#69 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

i believe you need to push boot.img but i would wait :) someone said they are making a utility for that

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#70 mr2fngrz

mr2fngrz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, Razr M

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:19 AM

If need be just push the IMG through ADB

#71 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:36 AM

I flashed CM 10.1 in TWRP them restored a nandroid back up of stock no problem.

#72 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:09 AM

I flashed CM 10.1 in TWRP them restored a nandroid back up of stock no problem.

As long as you backup boot.IMG you are fine. You can just advance restore the boot.IMG then flash a different ROM if coming from CM. Or restore stock backup that includes the boot.IMG.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#73 jasonjw12

jasonjw12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Twitter:@jasonjw12
  • Google+:jasonjw12

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

Got this installed and getting back to a 4.2.x build has been great. I have, however, noticed a few issues:

Bluetooth music streaming is staticy and breaks up interrupting the song.

Switching between Wi-Fi and 4G isn't working consistently. I've found myself connected to APs th I never chose, requiring me to disable WiFi to be on 4G.

Battery life seems to be a bit worse than the 4.1.x ROMs I've run.

If there's anything more I can provide to assist with troubleshooting please let me know.

Lastly, thanks do much for providing a 4.2.x ROM for this phone!

#74 mattwheat

mattwheat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

I had the same problem after flashing cm-10.1 and couldn't flash back and then some how lost nandroid and somehow wiped internal. But somehow I was able to flash INFLIKTED, White & Black widow. Go figure. But now can't flash cm-10.1. I'm just playing around with trial and error. That's how I seem to learn.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

#75 heffzilla

heffzilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Twitter:@heffzilla

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

I had the same problem after flashing cm-10.1 and couldn't flash back and then some how lost nandroid and somehow wiped internal. But somehow I was able to flash INFLIKTED, White & Black widow. Go figure. But now can't flash cm-10.1. I'm just playing around with trial and error. That's how I seem to learn.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Look under sdcard/0/ for your internal data. That's where mine was located after cm 10.1

Apple blows

#76 franzie3

franzie3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Twitter:@MikeFranz3
  • Google+:Michael Franz
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Samsung GS3, Xoom 4G, Asus Tf300T

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

Thread over on XDA says CM10 has working camera, 10.1 does not. I am sure it is only a matter of time

#77 starfox221

starfox221

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

I'm having a lot of issues with the phone app after flashing this rom. Just unlocked my bootloader yesterday...I've already tried fixing permissions, and tried reflashing the rom. Guess I'll try reflashing one more time. The phone app worked perfectly after I reflashed it the first time but after rebooting, it just starting force closing. Can't make phone calls and can't receive them. Any one have any ideas?

Or a alternative dialer of some sort I can flash? I really love the rom except...it's a phone. Would love to make phone calls :P

#78 psykick5

psykick5

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

Once the camera works I'll be all over this
  • triskropf97 likes this

#79 franzie3

franzie3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Twitter:@MikeFranz3
  • Google+:Michael Franz
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Samsung GS3, Xoom 4G, Asus Tf300T

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

I'm having a lot of issues with the phone app after flashing this rom. Just unlocked my bootloader yesterday...I've already tried fixing permissions, and tried reflashing the rom. Guess I'll try reflashing one more time. The phone app worked perfectly after I reflashed it the first time but after rebooting, it just starting force closing. Can't make phone calls and can't receive them. Any one have any ideas?

Or a alternative dialer of some sort I can flash? I really love the rom except...it's a phone. Would love to make phone calls :P

Do you have service in general. Check in the phone settings itself and make sure everythign looks legit. I vaguely remember something like this on my GS3 when i ran CM10

#80 starfox221

starfox221

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Yeah, I have service--I can do text messages and things, and I was able to make a few calls before I rebooted. Then as soon as I did that--force closing abound.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users