271 replies to this topic

#101 starfox221

starfox221

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

This is a sync issue. Here's how to fix it... keep in mind I've done this twice, so don't flip your lid if it doesn't take the first time.

1. Disable all sync. Easiest way is to just add the power control widget to one of your screens and turn off sync.
2. Go to Settings>Apps>All... Find contacts and contacts storage... clear data and cache for both. Then find phone and phone storage clear data and cache for both of those as well.
3. Reboot into recovery, clear dalvik and cache. Reboot.
4. Make or receive a couple calls just to confirm that Phone is not FC'ing.
5. Enable sync.

Again, you may have to do this more than once.

That exact process has completely cleared the issued for me, hopefully it works for you as well.

I've been using this ROM all day, and I realized the phone messes up. I always flash right, so that shouldn't be the issue. Basically the phone works for about 8-10 minutes and then com.android.phone stops working and I lose connection to all mobile networks / wifi. Then after that com.android.phone won't work long wnough to even get a call through or answer a call until I reboot. After reboot I can talk for 10 minutes again and it goes through the same cycle.

Try that above. It helped me until I had to reboot. If it happens after you reboot, repeat the steps--and try not to reboot. It works pretty fine until you have to reboot.

Again, I think it's some sort of issue with the ROM--I tried CM10 earlier and had no issues (well, except for the lockscreen not responding correctly....)

#102 dmartelle54

dmartelle54

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:03 AM

I am running hashcodes cm 10.1 Rom. Besides the camera not working is anyone having issues with group mms option in messaging settings disappearing? I had it yesterday and now it is gone. Group mms comes in as individual texts now.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

#103 Martin028

Martin028

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

Sorry for being a noob, but where can i find the boot.img to go back to stock (or CM10 apparently if it has a fixed camera) and do i just flash it through twrp?

I hope you did a nandroid backup before hand... If you did, advance restore the boot.img. If you didnt, well looks like you need to SBF to stock to get the kernal back. Hopefully there is an easier way and someone can correct me.

I've been using this ROM all day, and I realized the phone messes up. I always flash right, so that shouldn't be the issue. Basically the phone works for about 8-10 minutes and then com.android.phone stops working and I lose connection to all mobile networks / wifi. Then after that com.android.phone won't work long wnough to even get a call through or answer a call until I reboot. After reboot I can talk for 10 minutes again and it goes through the same cycle.

Well before you flash a rom you should always wipe the phone and factory reset. Wipe, flash, Wipe, flash gapps, reboot and let it sit before setting up, reboot without setup, then setup.

Dirty flashing (Dirty flash = no wipe before flash) across different roms is always a bad idea.
Posted Image

#104 PantherHeel93

PantherHeel93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/108778167441489933514
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Droid 2 Global

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

Well before you flash a rom you should always wipe the phone and factory reset. Wipe, flash, Wipe, flash gapps, reboot and let it sit before setting up, reboot without setup, then setup.

Dirty flashing (Dirty flash = no wipe before flash) across different roms is always a bad idea.

I have no clue where you got the idea that I didn't do that, but I can assure you I did everything correctly.

#105 ducats

ducats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

I have no clue where you got the idea that I didn't do that, but I can assure you I did everything correctly.

This is a sync issue. Here's how to fix it... keep in mind I've done this twice, so don't flip your lid if it doesn't take the first time.

1. Disable all sync. Easiest way is to just add the power control widget to one of your screens and turn off sync.
2. Go to Settings>Apps>All... Find contacts and contacts storage... clear data and cache for both.
Then find phone and phone storage clear data and cache for both of those as well. **Edit** When you clear data and cache, make sure you also hit "Force Stop"
5. Enable sync.

That exact process has completely cleared the issued for me, hopefully it works for you as well.

Have you tried the process I outlined??

#106 Martin028

Martin028

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

No need to get hostile. From what I've read, not wiping has caused these kinds of issues. I assumed that that was the reason, but as that saying goes; Assuming makes and rear end out of you and me so I apologize.
  • PantherHeel93 likes this
Posted Image

#107 starfox221

starfox221

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

2. Go to Settings>Apps>All... Find contacts and contacts storage... clear data and cache for both.
Then find phone and phone storage clear data and cache for both of those as well. **Edit** When you clear data and cache, make sure you also hit "Force Stop"
5. Enable sync.

Like I said in my post referencing yours--the method hasn't completely been resolved for me, if I still reboot I lose phone support. However, if I do the steps that you list--and then upon reboot I have phone support up until I reboot again. Let's just say I don't try to reboot too often ;)

#108 PantherHeel93

PantherHeel93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/108778167441489933514
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Droid 2 Global

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

No, I've been ridiculously busy and haven't had time to mess with my phone. It's not big deal for now, it's only temporary and I'm not the kind of person who can't live without a phone.

No need to get hostile. From what I've read, not wiping has caused these kinds of issues. I assumed that that was the reason, but as that saying goes; Assuming makes and rear end out of you and me so I apologize.

Sorry, if I seemed hostile it was wholly unintended. No need to apologize haha

#109 ducats

ducats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

Like I said in my post referencing yours--the method hasn't completely been resolved for me, if I still reboot I lose phone support. However, if I do the steps that you list--and then upon reboot I have phone support up until I reboot again. Let's just say I don't try to reboot too often ;)

Yeah, it's not a permanent fix by any means, but it at least makes things usable until the bugs get ironed out :)

#110 GillRigged

GillRigged

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:@GillRigged
  • LocationNW WI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR Maxx HD, Droid RAZR M

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

So, I read through this thread completely and seen that for returning back to the stock ROM we should go to advanced restore for boot.img, correct? Is this in CWM Recovery or TWRP? Cuz, I have TWRP and there's no Advanced Restore. Can someone help me out here, please?

Sent from my rooted Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

#111 GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Twitter:GoCliffGo
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD Developer Edition, N7, X2

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

I'm confused. I have a dev edition and when I made a nandroid of stock before flashing CM it backs up the boot image. Then to restore I simply had to restore. Why are you guys having to advanced restore the boot.IMG separately?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

#112 koftheworld

koftheworld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:koftheworld

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

So, I read through this thread completely and seen that for returning back to the stock ROM we should go to advanced restore for boot.img, correct? Is this in CWM Recovery or TWRP? Cuz, I have TWRP and there's no Advanced Restore. Can someone help me out here, please?

Sent from my rooted Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Click restore select your backup and then select what you'd like to restore such as boot data system etc

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#113 ducats

ducats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

I'm confused. I have a dev edition and when I made a nandroid of stock before flashing CM it backs up the boot image. Then to restore I simply had to restore. Why are you guys having to advanced restore the boot.IMG separately?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Probably because you made a backup inside of TWRP. Backups made in SS contain no boot IMG.

#114 animez

animez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

Sorry for being a noob, but where can i find the boot.img to go back to stock (or CM10 apparently if it has a fixed camera) and do i just flash it through twrp?

This is the process I used to move to a stock based rom after installing CM10.1 and accidentally deleting my stock backup.

Make sure you've backed everything up and have a stock based rom on your sd card. Then download the stock firmware from here;

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

If you don't have them download the fastboot binaries from here;

Open the stock zip you downloaded and extract the boot.img from the root directory and place it in a folder with the fastboot files on your computer. (From here out the instructions are for Windows 7, not sure of the process for other OS)

Put your phone into fastboot (power down then hold power and volume+) and connect it to your computer via usb. Shift-right click in the folder with all the files and choose "Open command window here". To verify you phone is connected properly type fastboot devices. It should respond with the device serial number. Next type fastboot flash boot boot.img, this will flash the stock boot image.

The next thing you'll want to do is get into recovery and flash a rom based on the stock. You don't want to do a total reboot because the boot image is no longer compatible with CM. I fumbled around a bit but eventually got into recovery and flashed a rom. If anyone can add to this with the best way to get from fastboot to recovery I would appreciate it. I assume fastboot reboot then immediately holding volume + would work but I'm still learning.

• johnpaul12 likes this

#115 heffzilla

heffzilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Twitter:@heffzilla

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

This is the process I used to move to a stock based rom after installing CM10.1 and accidentally deleting my stock backup.

Make sure you've backed everything up and have a stock based rom on your sd card. Then download the stock firmware from here;

If you don't have them download the fastboot binaries from here;

Open the stock zip you downloaded and extract the boot.img from the root directory and place it in a folder with the fastboot files on your computer. (From here out the instructions are for Windows 7, not sure of the process for other OS)

Put your phone into fastboot (power down then hold power and volume+) and connect it to your computer via usb. Shift-right click in the folder with all the files and choose "Open command window here". To verify you phone is connected properly type fastboot devices. It should respond with the device serial number. Next type fastboot flash boot boot.img, this will flash the stock boot image.

The next thing you'll want to do is get into recovery and flash a rom based on the stock. You don't want to do a total reboot because the boot image is no longer compatible with CM. I fumbled around a bit but eventually got into recovery and flashed a rom. If anyone can add to this with the best way to get from fastboot to recovery I would appreciate it. I assume fastboot reboot then immediately holding volume + would work but I'm still learning.

or, backup your stock ROM (including boot) after you install a custom recovery and just restore your nand before flashing a ss ROM.

Apple blows

#116 animez

animez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

or, backup your stock ROM (including boot) after you install a custom recovery and just restore your nand before flashing a ss ROM.

Apple blows

True, but as I said in the post I had accidentally deleted my backup. The whole idea was to help people with a similar issue, not tell them what they should have done.

• johnpaul12 likes this

#117 heffzilla

heffzilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Twitter:@heffzilla

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

True, but as I said in the post I had accidentally deleted my backup. The whole idea was to help people with a similar issue, not tell them what they should have done.

I didn't mean to come across as an rear end. I thought there was a stock zip floating around somewhere that you could flash and then backup. Also eliminates the need to be in front of a pc if you want to flash something originally made for ss (and don't have a backup). Again, no harm meant, I know there are a lot of people in this forum that aren't used to a truly unlocked bootloader and it can get confusing going from ss to true recovery.
The links are in the 9.16.6 deodexed zipaligned thread by mhous if anyone is searching

Apple blows

#118 animez

animez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

I didn't mean to come across as an rear end. I thought there was a stock zip floating around somewhere that you could flash and then backup. Also eliminates the need to be in front of a pc if you want to flash something originally made for ss (and don't have a backup). Again, no harm meant, I know there are a lot of people in this forum that aren't used to a truly unlocked bootloader and it can get confusing going from ss to true recovery.

Apple blows

I see where you're coming from, sorry if I came off a bit testy, been a long day (not that that is your fault).

I deleted my backup because I didn't realize that it got backed up to the internal sd rather than the external. Took a lot of skimming forums to get things fixed as this is my first Moto smartphone and I've not had a reason to need to use fastboot in the past.

• heffzilla likes this

#119 trebills

trebills

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

I'm ready

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

VPYxJ21.png

#120 koftheworld