• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Twitter:@MikeFranz3
  • Google+:Michael Franz
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Samsung GS3, Xoom 4G, Asus Tf300T

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Yeah, I have service--I can do text messages and things, and I was able to make a few calls before I rebooted. Then as soon as I did that--force closing abound.

try a dirty flash, might help. Dirty flash rom if cache and stuff doesnt clear. worht a shot. I would run a backup too just in case

#82 ducats

ducats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

Yeah, I have service--I can do text messages and things, and I was able to make a few calls before I rebooted. Then as soon as I did that--force closing abound.

This is a sync issue. Here's how to fix it... keep in mind I've done this twice, so don't flip your lid if it doesn't take the first time.

1. Disable all sync. Easiest way is to just add the power control widget to one of your screens and turn off sync.
2. Go to Settings>Apps>All... Find contacts and contacts storage... clear data and cache for both. Then find phone and phone storage clear data and cache for both of those as well.
3. Reboot into recovery, clear dalvik and cache. Reboot.
4. Make or receive a couple calls just to confirm that Phone is not FC'ing.
5. Enable sync.

Again, you may have to do this more than once.

That exact process has completely cleared the issued for me, hopefully it works for you as well.

#83 starfox221

starfox221

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

This is a sync issue. Here's how to fix it... keep in mind I've done this twice, so don't flip your lid if it doesn't take the first time.

1. Disable all sync. Easiest way is to just add the power control widget to one of your screens and turn off sync.
2. Go to Settings>Apps>All... Find contacts and contacts storage... clear data and cache for both. Then find phone and phone storage clear data and cache for both of those as well.
3. Reboot into recovery, clear dalvik and cache. Reboot.
4. Make or receive a couple calls just to confirm that Phone is not FC'ing.
5. Enable sync.

Again, you may have to do this more than once.

That exact process has completely cleared the issued for me, hopefully it works for you as well.

It does seem to be a sync issue--as soon as I re-enable sync, I lose phone capabilities. Should I just disable contact sync and import them manually?

#84 ducats

ducats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

It does seem to be a sync issue--as soon as I re-enable sync, I lose phone capabilities. Should I just disable contact sync and import them manually?

Follow the directions I posted above and you shouldn't have anymore issues. I've been running without issue for the past two days.

#85 starfox221

starfox221

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

Follow the directions I posted above and you shouldn't have anymore issues. I've been running without issue for the past two days.

Unfortunately after trying this several times--it would work, but as soon as I rebooted, the same issue arose. Not sure what else to do.

*EDIT*

It seems to be only this rom. I tried the CM 10 rom on XDA and have had zero issues with calls.

#86 PantherHeel93

PantherHeel93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/108778167441489933514
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Droid 2 Global

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Just another little bug: The weather on the Chronus widget (probably just lockscreen, I havent tried it on a homescreen) can't find my location (Cincinnati, OH) and as a result it shows no weather.

#87 franzie3

franzie3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Twitter:@MikeFranz3
  • Google+:Michael Franz
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Samsung GS3, Xoom 4G, Asus Tf300T

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

Just another little bug: The weather on the Chronus widget (probably just lockscreen, I havent tried it on a homescreen) can't find my location (Cincinnati, OH) and as a result it shows no weather.

I think once CM Source is merged again it will be fixed. I think this was a CM issue and it was fixed in a recent commit. I could be wrong though.

#88 triskropf97

triskropf97

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Google+:Triskropf@gmail.com
  • LocationNashville, AR
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

just checking if yall saw theres a fix to make epinters cm 10.1 (THAT HAS A WORKING CAMERA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) to work for the xt926!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

on xda

edit: i maybe spoke before i shud have i got excited :unsure: but it fails wen i flash and someone else said the cam still isnt working so idk if it was a typo or a lie

edit: dont kno wy but the zip verifaction failed so i unticked and flashed the fix and gapps and right now its booting

UPDATE: NO CAM NO DATA. just bs..
  • heffzilla and Mr_Smiggers like this

#89 Mr_Smiggers

Mr_Smiggers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

Nevermind

#90 PantherHeel93

PantherHeel93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

UPDATE: NO CAM NO DATA. just bs..

For anyone confused: This is all you need to see. OP on XDA is either a liar, dumb, or not a good typist. Confusing everyone over there haha.

In other words, still no Razr HD CM10.1 build with a working camera.
  • triskropf97 likes this

#91 Martin028

Martin028

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Ok so it seems like people are getting confused over what is happening at XDA
First of all, epinter's cm10.1 is not actually CM. He states this in OP for those of you who dont care to read.
Second, as with all roms, here is how to flash. NO STEP SHOULD BE IGNORED. Boot to recovery, Backup, WIPE/Factory reset, Install ROM, Install GAPPS etc, wipe cache delvik, reboot, reboot.
Third, It is beta, there is going to be problems. Dont expect it to be perfect. He also said that camera didnt work. If your data is broken that is YOU not the rom.
Fourth, This is not for SafeStrap. Flash it in an actual recovery.
Fifth, To get back to stock, Wipe, Then Advance Restore Boot.img before flashing the stock rom. The Kernals are different.

Lesson: Read and learn before you complain about something not working (because it is most likely your fault)

Edit: Forgot about the other thread.
That OP is pretty self-explanatory. If you dont understand, cm10 has a working camera, 10.1 does not. Either way, you need to install in recovery, not safestrap and wipe, wipe, wipe. Going back to stock is the same as the other thread. wipe, advance restore boot.img, then flash stock.
  • Narffran, zooyork0721 and chucklehead like this
Posted Image

#92 Mr_Smiggers

Mr_Smiggers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Well from what I heard HashCode is restarting this ROM like making a new kernel.

#93 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Ok so it seems like people are getting confused over what is happening at XDA
First of all, epinter's cm10.1 is not actually CM. He states this in OP for those of you who dont care to read.
Second, as with all roms, here is how to flash. NO STEP SHOULD BE IGNORED. Boot to recovery, Backup, WIPE/Factory reset, Install ROM, Install GAPPS etc, wipe cache delvik, reboot, reboot.
Third, It is beta, there is going to be problems. Dont expect it to be perfect. He also said that camera didnt work. If your data is broken that is YOU not the rom.
Fourth, This is not for SafeStrap. Flash it in an actual recovery.
Fifth, To get back to stock, Wipe, Then Advance Restore Boot.img before flashing the stock rom. The Kernals are different.

Lesson: Read and learn before you complain about something not working (because it is most likely your fault)

Edit: Forgot about the other thread.
That OP is pretty self-explanatory. If you dont understand, cm10 has a working camera, 10.1 does not. Either way, you need to install in recovery, not safestrap and wipe, wipe, wipe. Going back to stock is the same as the other thread. wipe, advance restore boot.img, then flash stock.

nicely said ;) i hope people actually listen to what you said haha but chances they wont, but hey thats their own fault :)
  • triskropf97 likes this

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#94 Martin028

Martin028

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

nicely said ;) i hope people actually listen to what you said haha but chances they wont, but hey thats their own fault :)

Thanks haha. Unfortunately, I bet there will be a post in this thread by the end of the night asking about something that was already answered multiple times.
  • rebretz000 and zooyork0721 like this
Posted Image

#95 jld

jld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD MAXX

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

Is that case, has anyone tested out CM10 and would like to give a quick review? In that XDA thread, it says "do not use on Verizon" which I think more or less excludes the vast majority of us.

#96 jschramm

jschramm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

Is that case, has anyone tested out CM10 and would like to give a quick review? In that XDA thread, it says "do not use on Verizon" which I think more or less excludes the vast majority of us.

I installed it early this morning before the "do not use on Verizon" note arrived. Other than the lockscreen issue everything works very good. Data works, camera works, feels smooth and fast. Lockscreen issue is annoying but hopefully it will be fixed soon or even better someone gets the camera working on 10.1

#97 koftheworld

koftheworld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:koftheworld

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

I installed it early this morning before the "do not use on Verizon" note arrived. Other than the lockscreen issue everything works very good. Data works, camera works, feels smooth and fast. Lockscreen issue is annoying but hopefully it will be fixed soon or even better someone gets the camera working on 10.1

Media audio through speaker or Bluetooth didn't work for me on that build either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#98 jschramm

jschramm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

Media audio through speaker or Bluetooth didn't work for me on that build either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I used it for bluetooth phone calls which worked but didnt try media audio over bluetooth.

#99 johnpaul12

johnpaul12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Sorry for being a noob, but where can i find the boot.img to go back to stock (or CM10 apparently if it has a fixed camera) and do i just flash it through twrp?

#100 PantherHeel93

PantherHeel93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

I've been using this ROM all day, and I realized the phone messes up. I always flash right, so that shouldn't be the issue. Basically the phone works for about 8-10 minutes and then com.android.phone stops working and I lose connection to all mobile networks / wifi. Then after that com.android.phone won't work long wnough to even get a call through or answer a call until I reboot. After reboot I can talk for 10 minutes again and it goes through the same cycle.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2)