1460 replies to this topic

#1041 mapki

mapki

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

I'm not sure if this will work, but try deleting boot.img from the zip before flashing in safestrap.

If anyone else has flashed this on safestrap, maybe give mapki a hand. I'm not sure what the problem is and I haven't used safestrap in a looooong time.

#yoloswagXT926

Thanks. Tried deleting boot, but it doesn't work. I need Safestrap backup of the system partition...

#1042 grnsl2

grnsl2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

I have this ROM running via safe strap right now. Built it out last night.

SS 3.12

My procedure: Erased rom slot 1 completely by doing standard cache wipes and wiping the OS. Then activated a different ROM slot. Then clicked rom slot 1 and deleted it.

Rebuilt rom slot 1 with a 2 gig partition. Did all the standard wipes again before I installed. Mounted system only, unchecked other boxes. Installed ROM. Once this ROM was installed wiped cache and dalvik cache & booted, no issues to report yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#1043 mapki

mapki

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:38 AM

I have this ROM running via safe strap right now. Built it out last night.

SS 3.12

My procedure: Erased rom slot 1 completely by doing standard cache wipes and wiping the OS. Then activated a different ROM slot. Then clicked rom slot 1 and deleted it.

Rebuilt rom slot 1 with a 2 gig partition. Did all the standard wipes again before I installed. Mounted system only, unchecked other boxes. Installed ROM. Once this ROM was installed wiped cache and dalvik cache & booted, no issues to report yet.

Thank you very much! Finally, it works!

#1044 grnsl2

grnsl2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:51 AM

Thank you very much! Finally, it works!

Well, that's freaking fantastic!

I've only got my phone a couple weeks ago but I've done more reading on this thing trying to find a decent ROM and how to get things working on it and I probably have any other phone in my life.

I came from the Galaxy Nexus which was pretty darn easy back to Motorola which of course was all locked up but so far this particular rom seems very nice, very smooth with very little lag that I've noticed so far still loading it up so we'll see.

#1045 truedis

truedis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

There's not an easy way to do it for this ROM.

#YoloSwagNexus10

Actually there was an easy way to make the notification shade solid black with Xposed using the XBlast module!

#1046 truedis

truedis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

What's the suggested method for customizing LED notifications on stock roms these days?

#1047 grnsl2

grnsl2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

What's the suggested method for customizing LED notifications on stock roms these days?

7eregrine wrote:

Take a look at these two programs, I I have never use them but I saw them: mentioned over in another form for another rom. I believe they are third party apps. Other than that if you take a look in the power toggles there's actually a button that shuts off your LED notification with a single click minimally good as the last click before you go to bed for a dark room at least that's what I would try to use it for.

AutomateIT and Tasker

#1048 truedis

truedis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

7eregrine wrote:

Take a look at these two programs, I I have never use them but I saw them: mentioned over in another form for another rom. I believe they are third party apps. Other than that if you take a look in the power toggles there's actually a button that shuts off your LED notification with a single click minimally good as the last click before you go to bed for a dark room at least that's what I would try to use it for.

AutomateIT and Tasker

Thanks, but what I'm looking for is something to change the color or disable LED for certain types of notifications. I used to use Light Flow but I recall it draining battery significantly (maybe it's been fixed since 6months ago though)

#1049 RoomTenONine

RoomTenONine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

Light flow rocks and is fine on battery if you set it up correctly.

• truedis and grnsl2 like this

#1050 sharklasers

sharklasers

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Hi, can we get a flashable zip to get rid of the bottom soft keys/navigation bar? That would be great as I'm using LMT pie, thanks a lot!

Edit: Just kidding, I was able to decompile the framework-res.apk and flash it, works perfectly :p

#1051 legend221

legend221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR HD

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

Thanks, but what I'm looking for is something to change the color or disable LED for certain types of notifications. I used to use Light Flow but I recall it draining battery significantly (maybe it's been fixed since 6months ago though)

Install "Light Manager" from the market. Best notification light app out there, best thing of all its FREE.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• truedis likes this

#1052 mapki

mapki

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

I have few propositions how to make this ROM even more great.

1. Update Messaging app from the latest CM10.1 ('mark as read' button added in notification bar) - 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

2. Add built-in toggles if possible (similar to CM10.1). Messaging app doesn't show buttons (reply, call...) in notification bar when power toggles are activated with highest priority. Also built-in toggles allow to get to setting with long-press.

3. Remove "ciphering" warning on 2G GSM networks - 

#1053 BionicMan69

BionicMan69

Android Scientist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Twitter:@BionicMan_69
  • LocationCookeville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD, Motorola Droid Bionic, Motorola Xoom, HTC Flyer

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

That messaging app would be nice if it didn't force close when trying to send mms message and if the dark theme would work when was selected.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

#1054 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5, Nexus 10

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

That messaging app would be nice if it didn't force close when trying to send mms message and if the dark theme would work when was selected.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

I used to have it included in this rom and that's the reason I removed it.

#yoloswagXT926

Posted Image

#1055 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:32 AM

I have few propositions how to make this ROM even more great.
1. Update Messaging app from the latest CM10.1 ('mark as read' button added in notification bar) -

2. Add built-in toggles if possible (similar to CM10.1). Messaging app doesn't show buttons (reply, call...) in notification bar when power toggles are activated with highest priority. Also built-in toggles allow to get to setting with long-press.
3. Remove "ciphering" warning on 2G GSM networks -

Those are mostly 4.2 and 4.3 features that are out of my league to implement on a 4.1 ROM. Mms won't send from the cm10.1 app. I can likely fix the ciphering warning, though.

#yoloswagXT926

Posted Image

#1056 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

Adam
Is there any way to get no Navy bar zip. I think ones from another ROM may work to get rid of it but not to get it back in case something goes wrong Thanks

#1057 adamjmtz

adamjmtz

Internet Searcher

• Superuser
  • 357 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

Adam
Is there any way to get no Navy bar zip. I think ones from another ROM may work to get rid of it but not to get it back in case something goes wrong Thanks

Use this:

Install the gravitybox module and it has an expanded desktop option to disable the nav and status bars.

#yoloswagXT926

Posted Image

#1058 mapki

mapki

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

Those are mostly 4.2 and 4.3 features that are out of my league to implement on a 4.1 ROM. Mms won't send from the cm10.1 app. I can likely fix the ciphering warning, though.

#yoloswagXT926

Thank you in advance!

#1059 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

Use this:

Install the gravitybox module and it has an expanded desktop option to disable the nav and status bars.

#yoloswagXT926

I tried it I just wanted Nav bar not status bar to. I was getting force closes and crap but I think that was because I was on Arrrghhh kernel and they weren't playing nice. It kinda says that in OP.

#1060 Otechhd

Otechhd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Google+:Otechmobile@gmail.com
  • LocationCharleston, South Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Verizon Droid RAZR HD MAXX

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

GREAT ROM pretty good battery life haven't charged it all day.
  • legend221 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: razr, nexus, aosp, rom, 4.3 camera, moto x, photo sphere, motorola, mhous33, Kit Kat

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)