emburybrett

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

did not work for me.

1. did the RSA back 6.12.
2. rooted, installed rom manager free and the es file manager.
3. Changed settings in ES file manager , copied the zip and crc file to the /cache directory.
4. clicked on the zip , rom manager came up and allowed it to reboot itself.
5. No stock recovery andy, boot animation comes up and it clears out the /cache directory when i'm back .

I had to do three flash boot resets but i got it to work

#322 dysfunkshun

dysfunkshun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

I went through this without a problem, much thanks to Vicious for the great instructions! I dont know if anyone is interested, but I ran a couple benchmarks soon as I got ICS up

Posted Image

Posted Image

#323 djenks24

djenks24

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:07 AM

For everyone that is getting rebooted back to gingerbread, the internal sd card has to be erased when you do the factory reset. I'm assuming that erases the remnants of CWM? I'll help anyone i can because there were so many people willing to help me in the chat room. Thanks Viscous, ICS is awesome, and i can't believe I'm going to say this but i prefer blur over stock! (i can't believe i just put that in print)

#324 djenks24

djenks24

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:09 AM

did not work for me.

1. did the RSA back 6.12.
2. rooted, installed rom manager free and the es file manager.
3. Changed settings in ES file manager , copied the zip and crc file to the /cache directory.
4. clicked on the zip , rom manager came up and allowed it to reboot itself.
5. No stock recovery andy, boot animation comes up and it clears out the /cache directory when i'm back .

#325 eeraider

eeraider

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:rustyhamiltontx

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

Finally jumped in the pool this morning. Had to use the terminal editor trick to get root back, but had absolutely no problems. My biggest issue was freaking out because I thought that the install was taking to long and had hung. But I left the phone alone it worked perfectly.

Thanks Vicious!
My label is wrong, I am still a n00b.

#326 Moonkai

Moonkai

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

For everyone that is getting rebooted back to gingerbread, the internal sd card has to be erased when you do the factory reset.

I didn't do this and my ICS install stuck the first time without issue.

#327 txkssnapper

txkssnapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD, tf300t

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:27 AM

Has anyone tried flashing any of the inverted gapps with this? I might try later, but figured someone can save me the hassle if they already tried it.

#328 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:28 AM

Has anyone tried flashing any of the inverted gapps with this? I might try later, but figured someone can save me the hassle if they already tried it.

I believe the inverted gapps are deodexed, but since this is a stock odex ROM, it will likely cause issues. Feel free to try it and let us know though!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
[ sent from _base2 ]

#329 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR; Nexus 10

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

For everyone that is getting rebooted back to gingerbread, the internal sd card has to be erased when you do the factory reset. I'm assuming that erases the remnants of CWM? I'll help anyone i can because there were so many people willing to help me in the chat room. Thanks Viscous, ICS is awesome, and i can't believe I'm going to say this but i prefer blur over stock! (i can't believe i just put that in print)

I didn't have to wipe it. You just have to remove the remaining CWM files from the SD card/internal memory and the hijack files in the root directory.

I don't have a link to it, but there is a post in xda that walks you through it.

#330 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

I didn't have to wipe it. You just have to remove the remaining CWM files from the SD card/internal memory and the hijack files in the root directory.

I don't have a link to it, but there is a post in xda that walks you through it.

This makes very good, logical sense, as opposed to having to wipe the SD card.

#331 Sh0rty 140

Sh0rty 140

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Twitter:@Sh0rtyy_140
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:12 AM

Just installed ICS leak and working nice. Also used terminal to retain root and worked fine as well. You guys are awesome!!!!!!!!! Keep up the great work!!
"My chick bad, my chick hood.... my chick do stuff that ya chick wish she could!!!!"

#332 txkssnapper

txkssnapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:32 AM

I believe the inverted gapps are deodexed, but since this is a stock odex ROM, it will likely cause issues. Feel free to try it and let us know though!

That's What I thought too, but I've got a back up, so whats the worst that could happen. lol

#333 Papasmurf

Papasmurf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

So has anyone loaded this and had any problems being a daily driver? Seems like its solid. Might load tonight since stock ICS from moto might be awhile

If DROID DOES..... then iDroid

#334 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:20 AM

So has anyone loaded this and had any problems being a daily driver? Seems like its solid. Might load tonight since stock ICS from moto might be awhile

The leak itself is really solid, everything works. Signal is strong, switching from wi-fi to cell is almost instantaneous, face lock works. Now when you flash other mods on top of it, ... you're on your own.

#335 joshuahist

joshuahist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:joshuahist
  • Google+:joshuahist
  • LocationPhiladelphia Pa

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

I have been using it for a couple of days. Works great, the only weird issue that I have been having is that when I am charging the touch screen is a little erratic. Other than that everything is perfect. BT, and every app working great. I installed Notification toggles from the market, used Tibu to install it as a system app and I now even have toggles in the notification area. (this allowed the GPS off button to be a button rather than a shortcut to the options). Added MIUI battery bar to give me a pretend percentage, and I am pretty happy. Battery life has been slightly worse than GB, but I have a Maxx and it was amazing before, now its just really good. Netflix and youtube working great, camera is perfect. All data dropps have been my location, not the phone, and no dropped calls, etc...

#336 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

I've also been using it as my daily driver for a while. The only issue is that the battery level can't be trusted after a reboot. I've had noticeably improved battery life over Eclipse (I'm at 50-60% at end of day rather than 20-40%).

#337 txkssnapper

txkssnapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

Also using it as a daily driver, it runs great. One problem is that a significant number of apps in the play store don't have our device listed as compatible when we are on the leak, my solution was to just side load or restore from titanium backup those apps.

The other problem i'm having is one that I haven't seen mentioned yet. I can't connect to any wireless network with WEP security.

Overall, I would say its worth flashing.

#338 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

Also using it as a daily driver, it runs great. One problem is that a significant number of apps in the play store don't have our device listed as compatible when we are on the leak, my solution was to just side load or restore from titanium backup those apps.

The other problem i'm having is one that I haven't seen mentioned yet. I can't connect to any wireless network with WEP security.

Overall, I would say its worth flashing.

That's interesting. I have 4 Cisco (real Cisco, not Linksys-branded Cisco) wi-fi routers in my house and they're all configured with WEP. Both of my Maxx can connect fine. Have you tried deleting (forget) the wi-fi SSID and let the phone re-scan again? Which router do you have? Also, can you connect to the wi-fi router, but just not able to get DHCP assignment?

#339 Narffran

Narffran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Twitter:Fran_Granfield
  • LocationNorth of Boston MA

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

@quangtran1

Have you figured a way to prioritize which router it should grab a signal from? Mine seems to default to the one further away and the wifes picks the closer one.

#340 txkssnapper

txkssnapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

That's interesting. I have 4 Cisco (real Cisco, not Linksys-branded Cisco) wi-fi routers in my house and they're all configured with WEP. Both of my Maxx can connect fine. Have you tried deleting (forget) the wi-fi SSID and let the phone re-scan again? Which router do you have? Also, can you connect to the wi-fi router, but just not able to get DHCP assignment?

The problem is its my work router, so I don't know much about it except that its WEP. Whenever I try to connect to it my notification bar flashes "wi-fi networks available" but doesn't make any attempt to connect. i've tried deleting the network, rebooting, etc. nothing has worked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users