• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#41 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

I just restored last night using Matt's 1.4 utility and didn't work, and restored again today using the latest 1.51 and still no go. Wiping doesn't help. Does anyone have 6.12.173 rooted with Matt's utility and running hacked wifi?

What do you mean by didn't work?
I need an error to work with. Message me with a team viewer code or go into chat and I can help more.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#42 groundzero2010

groundzero2010

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

No..your utility worked PERFECT! I meant the wifi hack didn't work after I used your utility. The wifi hack hasn't worked until the OTA update to 6.12.173.

#43 chuckboy1129

chuckboy1129

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Google+:chuckboy1129@gmail.com

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

No..your utility worked PERFECT! I meant the wifi hack didn't work after I used your utility. The wifi hack hasn't worked until the OTA update to 6.12.173.

Are you able to get into sqlite

#44 MartyChubbs

MartyChubbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationThe Ghetto, Minnesota

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

My line 79 is location_restriction, line 150 entitlement_check

When I run the Verizon Wifi Tether, I don't get the Verizon pop up anymore, it seems to act like its working correctly, but its not actually broadcasting.

I used sqlite editor after the upgrade to ICS and line 150 was still entitlement_check. Make sure after you edit, you reboot, or it don't work! Works fine after reboot...

Also, make sure you check "broadcast SSID" under the SSID under configure hotspot (new in ICS?)
I (aka Mr. Chubbs aka Marty "The Wad" Chubbs aka Knot Mehreelname ) accept no liability for the content of this post. I basically made it all up as I was typing...

#45 chuckboy1129

chuckboy1129

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Google+:chuckboy1129@gmail.com

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

137.9KB   35 downloads

my entitlement line changed to 79 after update and wipe but my wifi still works.

#46 groundzero2010

groundzero2010

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

I used sqlite editor after the upgrade to ICS and line 150 was still entitlement_check. Make sure after you edit, you reboot, or it don't work! Works fine after reboot...

Also, make sure you check "broadcast SSID" under the SSID under configure hotspot (new in ICS?)

I used ashell then asqlite to edit. I rebooted after entitlement_check and made sure SSID is checked. I'm nor running ICS.

#47 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

This is not the place to be discussing SQL Lite editing for tether hacks.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#48 groundzero2010

groundzero2010

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:13 AM

The only reason it was brought up was to see I'd anyone using you're utilities had issues with the tether hack. I'll try to keep it discussion on your utilit.

#49 codextooth

codextooth

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

hi all quick question not sure if it belongs here but i just now noticed it after downgrading from ics but when i go into the settings of the phone it says that my imei is unknown...what would cause this to happen? thanks to all who read and reply

jami2976, this happened to me too!. Did this happen to you from using this most recent 1.51 utility of Matt's? or were you using an old version.

#50 codextooth

codextooth

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

Anyone else experiencing lost of 4G baseband files using this utility to restore back to .173? IMEI turns out unknown, too

#51 reckert

reckert

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Google+:eckertrw@gmail.com

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

I am trying to use this to prep to move on to ICS, and it hangs @ "sending 'system' (261144KB)...' - Its been sitting here for 1/2 hour or so. Is this normal?

I've seen comments that the whole process takes 20-30 minutes, and I've done RSD in the 20 minute timeframe as well.

#52 dakiid00

dakiid00

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

hello all, not to sure if i should be in the part of the forum or not but im very new to this. im currently setting my phone up to put the ics on there, and ive been looking at a few sites and found this one to be quite simple but at the same time im still confused lol. dont wanna seem like an idiot, but all i really wanna do is have my droid razr run the ics 4.0 and have a backup plain just in case something was to happen. ive downloaded all the neccessary links that needed to be downloaded, just need someone to give me thorough instructions. if someone has the time to do that, that would be great. my email is

. thanks alot. and thanks to the creater of this site!! keep up the good word and more!!

#53 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

There are about 50 threads with what you need. Even some that don't have underlines.
  • jimyv likes this

#54 groundzero2010

groundzero2010

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Anyone else experiencing lost of 4G baseband files using this utility to restore back to .173? IMEI turns out unknown, too

Not sure if this will help your loss of 4G, but motorola put an app on the market that helps this exact problem. Just go into G Play and search for motorola.

#55 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

Someone else had that problem and did the fastboot back to 744, then upgraded from there.

#56 CptSashimi

CptSashimi

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X & Nexus 7

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

just want to thank you for the utility. worked like a charm to prepare my phone for the ics leak. great job, thanks

#57 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Someone else had that problem and did the fastboot back to 744, then upgraded from there.

If for some reason you had 4G problems reflash the radio.img.

#58 cynnar

cynnar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

Hey Matt I have 1.50 and was wondering what the changes were to this one please?

Got some cash today, and sending you some your way.
Thanks for the hard work!
I tend to question things I disbelieve are true. Some people cannot handle that. Sorry if you are one of those people.

#59 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

Hey Matt I have 1.50 and was wondering what the changes were to this one please?

Got some cash today, and sending you some your way.
Thanks for the hard work!

Changes are:
  • Cheesecake install option removed
  • Reflash radio after everything else to ensure that 4G works.
Happy to do what I can for the community, thanks for being a supporting member.
  • The Kid and cynnar like this

#60 reckert

reckert

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Google+:eckertrw@gmail.com

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:14 AM

I am trying to use this to prep to move on to ICS, and it hangs @ "sending 'system' (261144KB)...' - Its been sitting here for 1/2 hour or so. Is this normal?

I've seen comments that the whole process takes 20-30 minutes, and I've done RSD in the 20 minute timeframe as well.

I found out the issue, or at least a correlation - I run World Community Grid (A distributed computing package that analyzes drugs or rice or genomes to find a cure/solution for something), and it always runs at 100% of all 4 cores. since it runs low priority I have never seen it affect anything else, but somehow it seems to affect the motorola drivers. When I put it on snooze, the system transfers took a minute each. - Lesson learned, when flashing make sure there is nothing else running on the computer.

Thanks, I'm now on ICS with root and will start hacking away at getting it organized for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users