151 replies to this topic

#61 codextooth

codextooth

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

If for some reason you had 4G problems reflash the radio.img.

dumb question, how do you flash just the radio.img file? or any single file?

#62 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

dumb question, how do you flash just the radio.img file? or any single file?

An easy way would be to edit my utility (DroidRazrUtility.bat) to comment out the other lines for flashing the images other than radio.img.
Use notepad and find the section with the Restore to 6.12.173 option.
Put a

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

in front of the other lines and the utility will skip right over them.

For example:

^^^^
This will not do anything.
After you flash just radio again you can remove the comment lines from the batch file.

Also,
you can use cmd to cd into the /files/ folder and do it from there.

• Thach and cynnar like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#63 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

I found out the issue, or at least a correlation - I run World Community Grid (A distributed computing package that analyzes drugs or rice or genomes to find a cure/solution for something), and it always runs at 100% of all 4 cores. since it runs low priority I have never seen it affect anything else, but somehow it seems to affect the motorola drivers. When I put it on snooze, the system transfers took a minute each. - Lesson learned, when flashing make sure there is nothing else running on the computer.

Thanks, I'm now on ICS with root and will start hacking away at getting it organized for me.

If your computer doesn't have enough RAM and processing power available it will get stuck on sending them. Turning off unnecessary background processes may be required to fastboot.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#64 UnknownIntention

UnknownIntention

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

Thanks for the useful information :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

#65 reckert

reckert

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Google+:eckertrw@gmail.com

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

If your computer doesn't have enough RAM and processing power available it will get stuck on sending them. Turning off unnecessary background processes may be required to fastboot.

The ram and power should have been enough since the WCG runs at a very low priority, but I guess the drivers somehow run lower.

In the end it was a good learning experience for me - I got to make my own factory cable, and got it to work well. I would be interesting in finding out why WCG caused this much of a slowdown though.

#66 coletrane09

coletrane09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Twitter:coletrane09
  • LocationHart, MI

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

This utility has saved my razr twice. Going back to stock then ics using that app which we don't speak of method then some irresponsible flashing.... back to stock again then ics using sideload method. Donation soon to follow

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#67 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

Thanks for this!

Sent from my Razr Maxx using Tapatalk

#68 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

@Matt -

I just used your utility to restore to .173. I booted into the the recovery to wipe data prior to running the utility. Something I noticed that I haven't heard mentioned, is that after .173 was done flashing and the phone rebooted, it rebooted into recovery and installed an update. I haven't seen that before. Is that normal?

Note: The phone is working great and I haven't found any bugs. Just curious.

#69 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

@Matt -

I just used your utility to restore to .173. I booted into the the recovery to wipe data prior to running the utility. Something I noticed that I haven't heard mentioned, is that after .173 was done flashing and the phone rebooted, it rebooted into recovery and installed an update. I haven't seen that before. Is that normal?

Mine did that as well... A bit weird but it worked just fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#70 cynnar

cynnar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

@Matt -

Mine did as well. Works great though.
I tend to question things I disbelieve are true. Some people cannot handle that. Sorry if you are one of those people.

#71 guyplus

guyplus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Has this wiped anyone else's internal SD card?

I forgot to backup my SMS before upgrading to ICS, so I backed everything up to my internal SD, used this to downgrade, and now I have to start from scratch on ICS.

#72 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

I'm pretty sure it did wipe my internal SD. I did a factory data wipe too so I"m not sure if it was the factory wipe that did it, or if it was part of flashing back to .173 with Matt's utility. Either way I'm good with it. I always move anything I care about to the external SD card first.

#73 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:39 AM

Has this wiped anyone else's internal SD card?

I forgot to backup my SMS before upgrading to ICS, so I backed everything up to my internal SD, used this to downgrade, and now I have to start from scratch on ICS.

Sure did.... I lost TiBu backups, pics, downloaded sounds, plus everything on my SD card. So I did some tests: I used 1.42 vs 1.51 three times each, and 1.51 wiped my SD card each time. Now I configured TiBu to back up to SD-EXT instead.

#74 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:41 AM

I believe wiping /sdcard became necessary to revert from the ICS leak back to .173, which is why it was set to do so in 1.51.

#75 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:13 AM

I believe wiping /sdcard became necessary to revert from the ICS leak back to .173, which is why it was set to do so in 1.51.

Wiping SD card may be desirable, but I am not sure that it's "necessary", should just need to remove Clockwork Recovery. I was using 1.42 without one iota of a problem. In 16 minutes total, I can use 1.42 to go back to .173, install ICS leak, reroot, run TiBu restore, and my phone is up and running with 70+ apps that I've always had. However, when 1.51 wipes my TiBu backups, it takes me 3.5 hours to get my apps downloaded and reconfigured.

(I tested with both utilities a few times.)

#76 guyplus

guyplus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:47 AM

Hi Matt,

I realize it was my own stupidity for not backing up my SD card, but I need a little help in trying to recover the files. Is the SD card wipe a full format? Is there any hope for recovering the data?

I'm not asking for advice on how to recover the data, just if the wipe is a full format or not.

Thanks for your hard work.

#77 groundzero2010

groundzero2010

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

You can try the Piriform utility called Recuva. Its free and worth a try.

#78 joshuahist

joshuahist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:joshuahist
  • Google+:joshuahist
  • LocationPhiladelphia Pa

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

For Tibu users. I just copied my Tibu backups to my computer before using Matt's utility and then copied them back after the wipe. They all restored perfectly.

#79 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

For Tibu users. I just copied my Tibu backups to my computer before using Matt's utility and then copied them back after the wipe. They all restored perfectly.

Yep, I did that too. It took a while to copy a gig back and forth though. You can also configure TiBu to save backups on SD-EXT, then you won't have to worry about the SD card getting formatted by Matt's 1.51.

#80 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

Yep, I did that too. It took a while to copy a gig back and forth though. You can also configure TiBu to save backups on SD-EXT, then you won't have to worry about the SD card getting formatted by Matt's 1.51.

My utility does exactly what is required in order to activate your phone on 6.12.173. NOT flashing Motorola's emstorage.img leads to many not being able to activate their phones.There is a reason this was included and does this from the 6.12.173 RSD Lite fastboot files.

For the questions about formatting, what this does is flash "emstorage.img" and will NEVER touch the external SD card. Feel free to remove the line that says

But don't complain if your phone won't activate at the end of the fastboot. I added a "warning" to the OP however for those who don't understand what the full restore does, which is apparently many lol
  • MrFrankRazr likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users