• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#81 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

My utility does exactly what is required in order to activate your phone on 6.12.173. NOT flashing Motorola's emstorage.img leads to many not being able to activate their phones.There is a reason this was included and does this from the 6.12.173 RSD Lite fastboot files.

For the questions about formatting, what this does is flash "emstorage.img" and will NEVER touch the external SD card. Feel free to remove the line that says

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

But don't complain if your phone won't activate at the end of the fastboot. I added a "warning" to the OP however for those who don't understand what the full restore does, which is apparently many lol

Matt, I'm not disagreeing with you at all, not the least. Without your easy-to-use utility, a lot of people would never try these leaks to begin with. I was just surprised to find that my pics, downloads, and other app configuration backups (Apex, Tasker, TiBu) all wiped out with 1.51 and not 1.42. No big deal, I just moved those backups elsewhere.

#82 BobC43

BobC43

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

I have used the utility on GB with no problem. Now I am on the ICS leak, and when I attempt to use the utility I get a device not found error when I attempted to install Bootstrap Recovery. I reloaded the driver, but same problem. Am I in the right mode on the phone, Debugging is on and I am in Camera for USB connection, but I have tried all three modes for this.

Thanks for a great utility, I used it often when upgrading to the ICS leak.

#83 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

I have used the utility on GB with no problem. Now I am on the ICS leak, and when I attempt to use the utility I get a device not found error when I attempted to install Bootstrap Recovery. I reloaded the driver, but same problem. Am I in the right mode on the phone, Debugging is on and I am in Camera for USB connection, but I have tried all three modes for this.

Thanks for a great utility, I used it often when upgrading to the ICS leak.

You want ics bootstrap not regular bootstrap, not sure wich the utility offers. Think only thing you can do is go back to 173 fom ics since no charge only.
I am :ph34r: fear my blade!

Posted Image

#84 BobC43

BobC43

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

So then, should the utility communicate with the Razr? This is really my question, as I was just testing the functionality of my new leaked ICS and this is the first thing that does not work. A better example would be the simple Reboot on the utility, it does not work either, just hangs the utility.

#85 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

So then, should the utility communicate with the Razr? This is really my question, as I was just testing the functionality of my new leaked ICS and this is the first thing that does not work. A better example would be the simple Reboot on the utility, it does not work either, just hangs the utility.

Did you get the updated utility for ics?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#86 BobC43

BobC43

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

OK the utility is working fine, tried it on my laptop. My desktop has a driver problem it seems.

#87 BobC43

BobC43

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

Did you get the updated utility for ics?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I am using version 1.51, as I thought it was the most recent.

#88 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

I am using version 1.51, as I thought it was the most recent.

It is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#89 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Matt, does ADB have capabiliy to b/u internal sd?

tia, seeker
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#90 jami2976

jami2976

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationvisalia ca

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

ok somewhat random question, I posted earlier on that my IMEI is showing up as unknown under the about phone section on my razr and someone suggested using rsd lite to flash back to stock .744...well for some reason rsd lite does not even acknowledge that my phone is connected when im in fastboot...i double and triple checked to make sure that all the proper drivers were installed as well as use that moto helper i found in the rsd thread....and still not recognized by rsd lite...actually the only time rsd shows my phone is when the phone is powered on and in PC mode...does anyone know what would cause this and is there a fix? thanks for all who reply

edit* found out what the problem was...apparently moto helper was the culprit...uninstalled it and re installed an old driver i found on another forum and voila rsd worked like a charm...IMEI is showing up now :D yay

#91 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

Matt, does ADB have capabiliy to b/u internal sd?

tia, seeker

Sure it could. Just copy /sdcard/ onto the C:/ drive with it.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#92 skatterbug

skatterbug

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:32 AM

this is sweet.. best tool i've used for droid razr.. makes things simple :-D.. Thanks heaps

#93 greco

greco

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

I purchased my Razr a few weeks ago. Rooted using 1.4 FULL and used aShell and aSQLiteManager to do the wifi hack. Worked perfectly. A week later my phone does an OTA update so which I lost root access. So last night I restored back to 6.12.173 and used the same 1.4 utility and now I can't get the wifi hack to work. I followed the same processes. Wifi acts like it works (doesn't send me to a verizon screen), but my laptop, nook or acer iconia won't pickup the wireless SSID. I even tried manually adding the SSID but it never would show up that it was available.

Got my wife the RAZR Maxx last night and tried the same exact process and her wifi isn't working either.

In the process of downloading 1.51 and will try restoring/root process and see if the wifi hack works then.

Anyone else have suggestions on how to get this working on the Razr or Razr Maxx??

get foxfi from the store, you do not need to be rooted, it works either way tho

#94 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

If you don't want to spend more money, just change the security from whatever its set at to open. May work, did for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

:-D :-D

#95 atxgurl

atxgurl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

Are there any mirrors of the torrent or direct download ? I can't access filefactory at all as it seems down.
  • MartyChubbs likes this
Posted Image Keep Austin Weird!!

#96 mudvayne622

mudvayne622

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

How do i get into Fastboot mode?

Droid RAZR Maxx HD Unlocked/Rooted (JB Stock 4.1.2)

#97 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

How do i get into Fastboot mode?

Turn off the phone. Then turn on while holding volume down AND volume up. Then you will come to a menu screen. Volume down to move to" AP Fastboot mode" and volume up to select it

:)

Sent from my Razr Maxx using Tapatalk

#98 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

Thank you all who are hosting 1.51 on torrent. Downloading at over 1 MB/s thanks :-D

#99 johnbrain

johnbrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

I believe wiping /sdcard became necessary to revert from the ICS leak back to .173, which is why it was set to do so in 1.51.

I tried revertingback to .173 with the ICS Installer tool. No go. Somebody said I'd need RSD Lite. This tool replaces that correct? I've never used RSD Lite. Only the previous version of this and the ICS Installer. I got hung up on the Moto logo when it rebooted.

If I understand correctly, this version will allow me to properly revert back to .173 from the ICS Leak?

help.

#100 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:16 AM

I tried revertingback to .173 with the ICS Installer tool. No go. Somebody said I'd need RSD Lite. This tool replaces that correct? I've never used RSD Lite. Only the previous version of this and the ICS Installer. I got hung up on the Moto logo when it rebooted.

If I understand correctly, this version will allow me to properly revert back to .173 from the ICS Leak?

help.

Yes, this version of the Utility should being you back from ICS. To my understanding, it performs a complete FastBoot, as RSD would

Sent from my Razr Maxx using Tapatalk
  • johnbrain likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users