151 replies to this topic

#101 MVenter44

MVenter44

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

Im trying to restore to gingerbread but everytime it says "The System cannot find the path specified"

#102 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

It's because you moved the files around on your computer. You need the full zip and just extract it to your desktop again and start over. I had the same thing happen 2 days ago. If you don't have the full zip I suggest re-downloading it.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#103 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

+1 even us veterans make that mistake... lol. I can confirm thats exactly what the message is. With that large of a download im hoping you kept the .zip once you extracted it before... :-/

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • ThaTwizzla likes this

#104 mugsy77

mugsy77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

Hmm. Is the newest util 1.51 or 1.60? This thread on how to recover from brick shows 1.60? If 1.60 is latest, anyone have change log?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#105 MartyChubbs

MartyChubbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationThe Ghetto, Minnesota

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

Are there any mirrors of the torrent or direct download ? I can't access filefactory at all as it seems down.

Torrents you need or may need one day:
I (aka Mr. Chubbs aka Marty "The Wad" Chubbs aka Knot Mehreelname ) accept no liability for the content of this post. I basically made it all up as I was typing...

#106 cchalk0

cchalk0

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

Will this tool also work with the most recent .181 update? I woke up to this update and hit install in a half-asleep stupor without realizing that root was not protected. Normally I would try it, but I've wiped my phone way too many times with the whole ICS leak thing, and I finally got it back to stock and set up the way I like.

#107 mugsy77

mugsy77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

Will this tool also work with the most recent .181 update? I woke up to this update and hit install in a half-asleep stupor without realizing that root was not protected. Normally I would try it, but I've wiped my phone way too many times with the whole ICS leak thing, and I finally got it back to stock and set up the way I like.

I saw in

that Matt's latest util will go back to .181 but I am waiting for confirmation since OP has not been updated.

#108 cchalk0

cchalk0

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

I saw in

that Matt's latest util will go back to .181 but I am waiting for confirmation since OP has not been updated.

I actually meant more in the way of rooting the phone.

#109 bw362civ

bw362civ

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:45 AM

i cannot get this utility to work for me to send it back to .173. it will root n unroot the phone but everytime i try restore back to 173 i get Failed<command write failed<unknown error>.when it send the first 'mbm'. anyone else ever run into this? tried searching around for a while but cant find anything. any help would be epic, i just want me some ice cream haha!

#110 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

bw362

if you are talking about Matt's Win Util, do you have it in a file on your desktop? it could be an issue of where you put your files & also if you have system32 (I believe) in your Windows path statement. Try searching in Matt's release thread on the term path statement.

Hope this helps seeker
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#111 mrbuilder

mrbuilder

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

Torrents you need or may need one day:

Thanks Marty but your links for DroidRAZRUtility1.6 just links to a very small .torrent file. Can you update?

#112 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:13 AM

Thanks Marty but your links for DroidRAZRUtility1.6 just links to a very small .torrent file. Can you update?

Download utorrent first, then select the "torrent" files

#113 jonwgee

jonwgee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Twitter:JonWGee
  • Google+:jonwgee
  • LocationDekalb IL

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

Is it safe to fastboot FORWARD to .181 from .173 ? using the file linked in post #111 ?
maxx

#114 rndchef

rndchef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

I seem to lose 4G connectivity the few times that I have used this tool. I just return to .173 from .75 and everything is fine except only 3G connectivity. I read somewhere that I should just redo the utility. Thoughts? Last time I had to RSD back to .744 to get 4G back.

#115 MartyChubbs

MartyChubbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationThe Ghetto, Minnesota

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

1.6 rooted my moms Droid 4 successfully

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I (aka Mr. Chubbs aka Marty "The Wad" Chubbs aka Knot Mehreelname ) accept no liability for the content of this post. I basically made it all up as I was typing...

#116 scarathers

scarathers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

I actually meant more in the way of rooting the phone.

1.42 worked for me.

#117 shetm

shetm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

Can i use the 1.6 utility to fastboot from the .75 ics leak to .181? Sorry if its a dumb question I searched and Couldnt find anything

#118 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

Can i use the 1.6 utility to fastboot from the .75 ics leak to .181? Sorry if its a dumb question I searched and Couldnt find anything

Yes, just did it yesterday. Make sure you get the final 1.6 version.

#119 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

I used this utility the other day after i soft bricked my razr playing around with it. I flashed the 181 fastboot files, then reflashed the .85 leak since that is what my phone is stuck on and a curious thing happened.

I was setting my phone up and went into my gallery and i had like 4 albums of images that were obviously mattlgroff's.
Matt...was that a little gift you snuck in there? Lol.

Nothing crazy, and mostly thumbnail size but still caught me off guard. Curious if anyone else had that happen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#120 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

I used this utility the other day after i soft bricked my razr playing around with it. I flashed the 181 fastboot files, then reflashed the .85 leak since that is what my phone is stuck on and a curious thing happened.

I was setting my phone up and went into my gallery and i had like 4 albums of images that were obviously mattlgroff's.
Matt...was that a little gift you snuck in there? Lol.

Nothing crazy, and mostly thumbnail size but still caught me off guard. Curious if anyone else had that happen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

What photos? o_o

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users