#61 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

To get better visibility, and to not clutter up this thread, start a new thread in the M Help forum.  You'll get more and better qualified people to help.  I'm still new at this, so I'm pretty much out of suggestions. 

Since it failed immediately in RSD, try running the utility.  Is USB de-bugging enabled?  

R. Long: Pixel 5

#62 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

not 100 % sure, yes, yes, yes, yes.

So you are able to get into fastboot?

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#63 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

To get better visibility, and to not clutter up this thread, start a new thread in the M Help forum.  You'll get more and better qualified people to help.  I'm still new at this, so I'm pretty much out of suggestions. 

Since it failed immediately in RSD, try running the utility.  Is USB de-bugging enabled?  

That's a good idea...thanks RikRong

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#64 imahoe813

imahoe813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#65 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:32 AM

looking forward to flashing this when I get home....  a few questions though:

- really interested in flashing one of the themes in the OP, however when clicking on the links, they redirect to older posts (I think the 4.1.1 version) - have those threads been updated as well?

- before flashing one of the themes, I presume I need to install this base version first, correct?

- which version of recovery should I use (TWRP vs. CWM), or does it even matter?

I still have SS installed, but I unlocked my bootloader - so really I'm just planning on uninstalling SS.

currently running the Energy ROM on my stock slot (never took the OTA FWIW)

thanks!

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#66 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:52 AM

looking forward to flashing this when I get home....  a few questions though:

- really interested in flashing one of the themes in the OP, however when clicking on the links, they redirect to older posts (I think the 4.1.1 version) - have those threads been updated as well?

- before flashing one of the themes, I presume I need to install this base version first, correct?

- which version of recovery should I use (TWRP vs. CWM), or does it even matter?

I still have SS installed, but I unlocked my bootloader - so really I'm just planning on uninstalling SS.

currently running the Energy ROM on my stock slot (never took the OTA FWIW)

thanks!

I will answer the questions in order  :D

- The themes link to the old threads because those themes work perfectly with DeadRage.  They will not have to be updated because of the new ROM.  

-The Themes most of the time only change Framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk.  Sometimes apps are added.  But in order for the theme to work you would have to have this ROM or M-RAGE Installed prior to flashing the theme.  I prefer to flash the ROM, boot up, set up, than reboot recovery and flash the theme. Just my preference, not sure it is critical.

-I use TWRP but it does not matter which recovery you use.  Just get rid of that SafeStrap!!!!   :p

• jco23 likes this

PDbEXCr.png

#67 clienterror

clienterror

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:55 AM

Ok found a bug with the themes. After you flash a theme and long press the power button to reboot or what have you it just does a kernel reboot and you never see the reboot options or anything. Anyone else confirm? I tried using my framework.res that I used on the original rage and it had the same effect so I'm pretty sure the new rom doesn't like something in the 4.1.1 framework. Other than that it works 100% bad rear end rom man!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
  • timpohladthomas likes this

#68 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:05 AM

Ok found a bug with the themes. After you flash a theme and long press the power button to reboot or what have you it just does a kernel reboot and you never see the reboot options or anything. Anyone else confirm? I tried using my framework.res that I used on the original rage and it had the same effect so I'm pretty sure the new rom doesn't like something in the 4.1.1 framework. Other than that it works 100% bad rear end rom man!

Hey man, 

Thanks for the heads up, I ran into the same thing with my BlackWhite theme and am in the process of making some fixes to avoid this.  I had this happen when on 4.1.1 as well I believe.  Does it do it with all the themes? or just mine? I will test things today and release an update soon.

Glad you like it man.  I have been running it for a week and like it more everyday.  :o

PDbEXCr.png

#69 clienterror

clienterror

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

Hey man, 

Thanks for the heads up, I ran into the same thing with my BlackWhite theme and am in the process of making some fixes to avoid this.  I had this happen when on 4.1.1 as well I believe.  Does it do it with all the themes? or just mine? I will test things today and release an update soon.

Glad you like it man.  I have been running it for a week and like it more everyday.  :o

No glad I can help you make this thing even more amazing (if that's possible) :D

I think it has to do with anything using the old framework so not just yours. Like I said I had a custom framework that I edited for the no navi bar on stock rage (no theme) and it did the exact same thing. I wish I could help more but that's about the extent of my 1337 skills :lol: I was going to edit your framework on this for no navi bar on stock theme and post it up if that's cool with you (don't like to piss off any of the few good devs we have lol)

#70 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:24 AM

No glad I can help you make this thing even more amazing (if that's possible) :D

I think it has to do with anything using the old framework so not just yours. Like I said I had a custom framework that I edited for the no navi bar on stock rage (no theme) and it did the exact same thing. I wish I could help more but that's about the extent of my 1337 skills :lol: I was going to edit your framework on this for no navi bar on stock theme and post it up if that's cool with you (don't like to piss off any of the few good devs we have lol)

Yeah man, Thats cool.  Post it here and I will add it to the OP with credits to you.  :)

PDbEXCr.png

#71 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

Wish I could help with the framework issue.  That is beyond my noob skills.  Someday, maybe.  I still have lot of reading and learning, before I start developing. However, I'm downloading the ROM as we speak and I'll load it up and wait for the experts to work out the framework issues. 

#72 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

Wish I could help with the framework issue.  That is beyond my noob skills.  Someday, maybe.  I still have lot of reading and learning, before I start developing. However, I'm downloading the ROM as we speak and I'll load it up and wait for the experts to work out the framework issues. 

Working on fixing the issue as we speak. :ph34r:
  • RikRong likes this

PDbEXCr.png

#73 clienterror

clienterror

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

Yeah man, Thats cool.  Post it here and I will add it to the OP with credits to you.  :)

There ya go! I'd put it in a .zip to flash but I've never done that lol 

• timpohladthomas and RikRong like this

#74 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:36 AM

Just wanted to get in here and shout out to Tim for this totally amazing bad rear end ROM. Flashed it last night. Killer battery.

Dead rage on!!!!!

• hillmom, timpohladthomas and RikRong like this

#75 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

Working on fixing the issue as we speak. :ph34r:

Don't worry, breakfast (well dinner for me) is cooking, and I'm a patient person. 

#76 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

No Soft Key Mod Flashable Zip added to OP, Thanks to Clienterror.

• RikRong and clienterror like this

PDbEXCr.png

#77 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

No Soft Key Mod Flashable Zip added to OP, Thanks to Clienterror.

If there was a "heart" button for you and Client, I would hit it. LOL

A gee-whiz, noob question.  Client had issues with the entire theme, or only after flashing the soft key mod?  

#78 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

Fixed

theme with working power menu and 4.1.2 framework.

Will add a new No Soft Key Mod to the theme thread in a bit...

• hillmom and RikRong like this

PDbEXCr.png

#79 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

Fixed

theme with working power menu and 4.1.2 framework.

Will add a new No Soft Key Mod to the theme thread in a bit...

Then, I'll just sit back and drink a Bud.  You all are on top of it.  

#80 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

Then, I'll just sit back and drink a Bud.  You all are on top of it.  

Working No Nav-Bar Mod added to BlackWhite theme thread.  Make sure you choose the one meant for your OS (4.1.1 or 4.1.2) Just as a note, DeadRage is 4.1.2.  :D

ENJOY!!

Feel free to suggest things or let me know if there is something that could be taken out!

• hillmom and RikRong like this

PDbEXCr.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RAZR M, ROM, STOCK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users