#101 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

Something Odd, When I go to the "about" it indicates that I am running Android 4.1.1 not 4.1.2 Tim, I just emailed you a screenshot. I cannot post pictures in this forum yet.

Hmmm, not me.  That is weird. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#102 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

How can I do that?

Download alogcat. Thanks

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#103 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

Something Odd, When I go to the "about" it indicates that I am running Android 4.1.1 not 4.1.2 Tim, I just emailed you a screenshot. I cannot post pictures in this forum yet.

That's weird buddy. I will take a look at it. But my suggestion....unlock, fast boot to 4.1.2 l, reroot, install this...will probably run better. Good luck

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#104 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

Awesome Rom. Seems to be smoother than previous rage. I just ran into small problem last night and this morning. I like to view some pages in landscape mode and for some reason phone would not go to landscape mode after phone has been rebooted for a while. Idk what triggered this or will happen again later today after I rebooted but I will report if it happens again.

Oh and just now few minutes into playing YouTube video, phone suddenly froze and rebooted, which happens last night as well.

Is anyone else having these issues?

PDbEXCr.png

#105 clienterror

clienterror

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

Awesome Rom. Seems to be smoother than previous rage. I just ran into small problem last night and this morning. I like to view some pages in landscape mode and for some reason phone would not go to landscape mode after phone has been rebooted for a while. Idk what triggered this or will happen again later today after I rebooted but I will report if it happens again.

Oh and just now few minutes into playing YouTube video, phone suddenly froze and rebooted, which happens last night as well.

Is anyone else having these issues?

Haven't seen them, have noticed when I am on the phone (calling) the screen isn't turning off when I put it to my ear. Bad flash or proximity sensor issue? Maybe something mistyped in the build.prop? Anyone else confirm this. Hope it's just me :-D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
  • timpohladthomas likes this

#106 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

I may have just tweaked that a little too much! :-)  Working on weeding out repeated tweaks now...so will look for that as well...Thanks for the heads up.

• clienterror likes this

PDbEXCr.png

#107 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

if you are still tweaking, would it be too much trouble to field a request/suggestion?  on a custom ROM on a previous device, the dev had notification bar tweaks whereby the user could choose to show/hide certain icons such as the clock, cell signal, mobile data, wifi, etc.  personally, I always a clean as possible notification bar, so any chance those could be baked in as well would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#108 clienterror

clienterror

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

I may have just tweaked that a little too much! :-)  Working on weeding out repeated tweaks now...so will look for that as well...Thanks for the heads up.

Np if you keep fixing stuff this fast what are you going to do all weekend :-D

#109 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

if you are still tweaking, would it be too much trouble to field a request/suggestion?  on a custom ROM on a previous device, the dev had notification bar tweaks whereby the user could choose to show/hide certain icons such as the clock, cell signal, mobile data, wifi, etc.  personally, I always a clean as possible notification bar, so any chance those could be baked in as well would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

I can definitely give it a try. Will do some research and report back. Got a link to the ROM you are talking about?

PDbEXCr.png

#110 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

Np if you keep fixing stuff this fast what are you going to do all weekend :-D

Ha, there is always more ROM building to do!

PDbEXCr.png

#111 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

Alright guys, I have fixed the USB debugging issue. I am in the process of managing the tweaks for best performance and I will release an update tonight or early in the morning. Any other issues I need to address?

PDbEXCr.png

#112 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

I can definitely give it a try. Will do some research and report back. Got a link to the ROM you are talking about?

sure:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#113 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

sure:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks man

PDbEXCr.png

#114 ANDROIDRAZRM

ANDROIDRAZRM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

I'm having the USB debugging problem, but I also cannot charge over USB. Do you think this will be fixed in your update?

#115 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

I'm having the USB debugging problem, but I also cannot charge over USB. Do you think this will be fixed in your update?

I think those two are related and this fix will fix both. Only time will tell. Getting closer to a release candidate.
  • RikRong and clienterror like this

PDbEXCr.png

#116 Metman87

Metman87

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola droid RAZR m

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

Awesome rom. Having some trouble with WidgetLocker though. When I tell it to hide all nav buttons, the back button still appears, which is able to unlock the phone. wasn't an issue on stock rom. the least of my worries. thanks a million!

Alright guys, I have fixed the USB debugging issue. I am in the process of managing the tweaks for best performance and I will release an update tonight or early in the morning. Any other issues I need to address?

#117 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

Awesome rom. Having some trouble with WidgetLocker though. When I tell it to hide all nav buttons, the back button still appears, which is able to unlock the phone. wasn't an issue on stock rom. the least of my worries. thanks a million!

Thanks for the heads up, will look into it.
  • clienterror likes this

PDbEXCr.png

#118 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

Alright guys, I think I am close to a minor update. Just letting the tweaks sit and see how they handle. Will release first thing in the morning. This update appears to have fixed the USB debugging issue. If there is anything minor you guys want me to add speak now or forever hold your peace.

• neckchop and hillmom like this

PDbEXCr.png

#119 wapiti_j

wapiti_j

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Current Device(s):nexus7, razrm

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

Alright guys, I think I am close to a minor update. Just letting the tweaks sit and see how they handle. Will release first thing in the morning. This update appears to have fixed the USB debugging issue. If there is anything minor you guys want me to add speak now or forever hold your peace.

I did notice the screen auto brightness didn't seem to work. I had it on auto, and could barely see the screen on overcast day.

#120 mrnathanman

mrnathanman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

Hey, I don't think these are minor.  However, I would just like to make some suggestions. Would it be possible to be able to have a quick settings bar in notification drop down menu? (of course some people prefer the stock home quick settings, so it would be nice if the presence of such a bar was togglable somewhere in settings). I also mean built into the rom. I have found that the quick settings from the play store limits the capabilities of my notification drawer.

Also, if there was an adjustable navigation bar height and built in pie settings from something like LMT for those who dislike the nav bar that would be awesome. I remember seeing this in one of the unofficial CM10 builds but i know stock can be way different than CM10.

Anyways, I love the original RAGE M rom and am going to flash this sometime in the next couple of days.

Few questions: 

1. If I have the original rage m rom do I have to wipe everything still? (or just cache.. etc?)

2. I saw one post talking about the kernel but I am assuming the kernel for 4.1.2 is in the rom file? (or do i have to go to DST?)

Thank you so much for a beautifully smooth, battery efficient, and debloated rom that works with custom recovery!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RAZR M, ROM, STOCK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users