#121 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Alright guys, I think I am close to a minor update. Just letting the tweaks sit and see how they handle. Will release first thing in the morning. This update appears to have fixed the USB debugging issue. If there is anything minor you guys want me to add speak now or forever hold your peace.

I did notice the screen auto brightness didn't seem to work. I had it on auto, and could barely see the screen on overcast day.

Will check it out. Thanks.
  • 0n1wheel likes this

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#122 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

Hey, I don't think these are minor.  However, I would just like to make some suggestions. Would it be possible to be able to have a quick settings bar in notification drop down menu? (of course some people prefer the stock home quick settings, so it would be nice if the presence of such a bar was togglable somewhere in settings). I also mean built into the rom. I have found that the quick settings from the play store limits the capabilities of my notification drawer.

Also, if there was an adjustable navigation bar height and built in pie settings from something like LMT for those who dislike the nav bar that would be awesome. I remember seeing this in one of the unofficial CM10 builds but i know stock can be way different than CM10.

Anyways, I love the original RAGE M rom and am going to flash this sometime in the next couple of days.
Few questions: 
1. If I have the original rage m rom do I have to wipe everything still? (or just cache.. etc?)
2. I saw one post talking about the kernel but I am assuming the kernel for 4.1.2 is in the rom file? (or do i have to go to DST?)

Thank you so much for a beautifully smooth, battery efficient, and debloated rom that works with custom recovery!

I can definitely look into adding toggles.

1. I always wipe everything. Even during updates. However Gerland the Oracle tested and a dirty flash worked from v1.0 to v1.1. But, in your case....definitely wipe everything.

2. The kernel is built in to the ROM. However I have hear people having issues when flashing over the 4.1.1 stock
So its probably worth fast booting 4.1.2. Of course, always up to you.

Glad like the ROM. Enjoy.

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#123 tcikoritys

tcikoritys

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):motorola xt907

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

Hi,
Just came across this, looks amazing! But, urm, what do I do with it? Never have I flashed anything (at least, not anything that didn't put my device into download mode (as in, qhsusb_dload download mode)). So, what follows are some rather dumb questions...
1. I can flash this with fastboot, yes? In any case could someone point me to some instructions (preferably text-based) on how to do it (preferably using a pc)?
2. Recovery? What's all this about CWM, TWRP...?
3. ...Pretty much everything else.
This looks badass, can't wait to check it out! Sorry for all the stupid questions, and thanks for the awesome rom!

#124 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

Hi,
Just came across this, looks amazing! But, urm, what do I do with it? Never have I flashed anything (at least, not anything that didn't put my device into download mode (as in, qhsusb_dload download mode)). So, what follows are some rather dumb questions...
1. I can flash this with fastboot, yes? In any case could someone point me to some instructions (preferably text-based) on how to do it (preferably using a pc)?
This looks badass, can't wait to check it out! Sorry for all the stupid questions, and thanks for the awesome rom!

From your questions I would recommend you spend a good deal of time reading around this site before trying to flash this.

You flash it in Recovery not fastboot. 

TWRP and CWM are recoveries but you need to be rooted and bootloader unlocked before you can install them. 

Read read read man then ask questions and we will help.  :)

• zooyork0721, timpohladthomas and brandon71 like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#125 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

Hi,

From your questions I would recommend you spend a good deal of time reading around this site before trying to flash this.

You flash it in Recovery not fastboot.

TWRP and CWM are recoveries but you need to be rooted and bootloader unlocked before you can install them.

Read read read man then ask questions and we will help. :)

Couldn't have said it better. That's how I learned everything I know.

I am willing to help once you research. Just pm me.
  • Memnoch73 and hillmom like this

PDbEXCr.png

#126 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

I can definitely look into adding toggles.

1. I always wipe everything. Even during updates. However Gerland the Oracle tested and a dirty flash worked from v1.0 to v1.1. But, in your case....definitely wipe everything.

2. The kernel is built in to the ROM. However I have hear people having issues when flashing over the 4.1.1 stock
So its probably worth fast booting 4.1.2. Of course, always up to you.

Glad like the ROM. Enjoy.

Notification toggles would be the only addition I would request. Right now, I'm using Power Toggles, but built in toggles would be awesome.

As for flashing over 4.1.1, I did it with no problems. Definitely looking forward to flashing the update and fixing the minor issues. The phone is charging when connected to the computer or charger, but it doesn't indicate charging when plugged into the computer. Even with the minor issues, this is a great ROM.

wapiti_j, on 07 May 2013 - 8:04 PM, said:I did notice the screen auto brightness didn't seem to work. I had it on auto, and could barely see the screen on overcast day.

My auto brightness works fine. 

• timpohladthomas likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#127 0n1wheel

0n1wheel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:0n1wheel
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

+1 for drop down toggles. Another feature request is holding down the volume button for music track changes. I like The clean ROM... Great work.

#128 Dead Man Walking

Dead Man Walking

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

Thanks for work! What about non-Verizon (GSM) version?

#129 aokifay

aokifay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

我刷了 有BUG。。。。。。。

#130 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

我刷了 有BUG。。。。。。。

I translated this, and it still doesn't make sense.  Can you expand a little?

#131 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

Amazing job Tim!!! Keep up the good work!

• zooyork0721, timpohladthomas and RikRong like this

#132 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

+1 for drop down toggles. Another feature request is holding down the volume button for music track changes. I like The clean ROM... Great work.

I will look into the volume music controls.
  • clienterror likes this

PDbEXCr.png

#133 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

Thanks for work! What about non-Verizon (GSM) version?

I will see about a gsm fix.
  • Noigel and clienterror like this

PDbEXCr.png

#134 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:40 AM

Alright guys, hate to say this, but the 'fix' I thought I found for USB debugging did not really work, it still didn't recognize the phone.  So, an update is still coming but it's gonna take me a little longer to figure it out.  I will add a couple of extra goodies into the update to make it worth the wait.  Hope to be finished soon!  

• RikRong and jco23 like this

PDbEXCr.png

#135 BwingG

BwingG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Current Device(s):RazrM

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:09 AM

Great Rom! I'll also raise my hand for pull down toggles

#136 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:40 AM

dreamjaeil, on 07 May 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Awesome Rom. Seems to be smoother than previous rage. I just ran into small problem last night and this morning. I like to view some pages in landscape mode and for some reason phone would not go to landscape mode after phone has been rebooted for a while. Idk what triggered this or will happen again later today after I rebooted but I will report if it happens again.

Is anyone else having these issues?

The landscape issue came up last night.  It would work fine right after reboot, but after that it wouldn't auto-rotate.  Just a heads up.  I ran through some different things to fix it, but the only thing that would work was a reboot.  Sorry, I'm not trying to complain.  I appreciate the work you've done, and I don't like to whine like some other people in ROM threads. 

• tjbain and timpohladthomas like this

#137 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:45 AM

dreamjaeil, on 07 May 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

The landscape issue came up last night.  It would work fine right after reboot, but after that it wouldn't auto-rotate.  Just a heads up.  I ran through some different things to fix it, but the only thing that would work was a reboot.  Sorry, I'm not trying to complain.  I appreciate the work you've done, and I don't like to whine like some other people in ROM threads. 

No worries man, I know you aren't whining. :-) I have been working on getting a stable working update for this all morning.  I have probably flashed 10 test ROMs, ha.  I am playing around with some of the init.d tweaks as I think some were not playing together nicely.  And this darn USB debugging stuff is perplexing.  Still at it though...will keep you guys posted.

• RikRong likes this

PDbEXCr.png

#138 ANDROIDRAZRM

ANDROIDRAZRM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:11 AM

Is there any possibility that you could further debloat the rom, such as removing some of the Motorola services, live wallpapers and programs like the sqlite editor, unplug services, etc? And has anyone inverted the new play store yet? Thanks for your work! This is my daily driver...

#139 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

Is there any possibility that you could further debloat the rom, such as removing some of the Motorola services, live wallpapers and programs like the sqlite editor, unplug services, etc? And has anyone inverted the new play store yet? Thanks for your work! This is my daily driver...

Hey man, 

Do you have a list of specific apk files you want gone?  They can be found in /system/app

You can look around for inverted apps on the forums, here or xda.  I use apps by B-boy when i choose to invert.  However, I will probably not add inverts to my base theme.  If you want to add inverts to your phone, you can always flash my

theme.

Also, glad you like it!

• RikRong likes this

PDbEXCr.png

#140 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

This thing is pretty dang debloated.  The only ROMs I've seen with less were CM builds.  You can debloat and freeze with TiBU or similar apps.  Like Tim said, his BlackWhite theme blacks out PlayStore and several other apps.  For others, I also use inverted apps by BBoy.  These can easily be found on his website or XDA.  My FB, Instagram, Chrome all get inverted. 

I also dug around the internet for quite a while and couldn't find anything specifically talking about the debugging issue.  Just to be sure I wasn't losing my mind, I restored my backed up Rage ROM and debugging worked as advertised.   :wacko:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RAZR M, ROM, STOCK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users