#221 bfederspill

bfederspill

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRoy, Utah
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

I'm using Pandora to listen to music on this phone and was wondering if Beats or Ac!d works with this ROM since I didn't see a built in equalizer.

I remember reading when the RAZR first came out that the audio wasn't great. There was something about the positioning of internal components or signal paths that supposedly caused noise or distortion in the audio signal. Anyway, I've listened to podcasts on my RAZR, and the quality isn't as good as my old (2006) iPod using the same earphones. The audio enhancements like Beats are nice, but may not be worth the trouble given the basic electronics they have to work with.

DSP Manager on Flying Jelly worked great with Pandora (the only ROM that would). I'm just trying to find one that works with this ROM.

#222 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca
  • Current Device(s):Dr. Device

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

Did you ever find out a solution? Have same problem...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Delete ROM slot. Recreate ROM slot. Redownload latest ROM update and slim gapps. Flash again and don't forget to factory reset, wipe cache/ delvik after you flash.

-Flash now, ask questions later.
Posted Image

#223 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

I'm using Pandora to listen to music on this phone and was wondering if Beats or Ac!d works with this ROM since I didn't see a built in equalizer.

I remember reading when the RAZR first came out that the audio wasn't great. There was something about the positioning of internal components or signal paths that supposedly caused noise or distortion in the audio signal. Anyway, I've listened to podcasts on my RAZR, and the quality isn't as good as my old (2006) iPod using the same earphones. The audio enhancements like Beats are nice, but may not be worth the trouble given the basic electronics they have to work with.

DSP Manager on Flying Jelly worked great with Pandora (the only ROM that would). I'm just trying to find one that works with this ROM.

I've got DSP on this ROM. I restored it from tibu. Seems to work great with motos crap hardware... Yet another reason I'll likely need to drop moto for the the S4. Doubt this Moto X phone is going to be anything impressive.

Posted Image

#224 snort

snort

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

But the X-phone is from an overhauled Motorola!!!!! It'll be great!!!!! :) 

Unfortunately, I don't have $599+ to plunk down on a different phone, so I'll be hanging on to this until I can get another upgrade next February (at the earliest). At least I'm not having to use an Eris anymore. :)

#225 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

But the X-phone is from an overhauled Motorola!!!!! It'll be great!!!!! :) 

Unfortunately, I don't have $599+ to plunk down on a different phone, so I'll be hanging on to this until I can get another upgrade next February (at the earliest). At least I'm not having to use an Eris anymore. :)

But for it to be competitive its gotta have the hardware the S4 has at minimum. I won't get into it in the middle of this thread but it better be absolutely AMAZING. Lol My upgrade is right now so we'll see.

Posted Image

#226 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:mystropro

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

So I've been running the ROM for a few days, but have noticed I keep running out of memory and getting really laggy.  I don't think its a ROM issue really, but just an overall issue with memory management.  Anyone have any really good memory management tips or applications?

#227 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

RAM or Storage?

Posted Image

#228 stryker

stryker

-.[.Stryker.Originals.].-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

So I've been running the ROM for a few days, but have noticed I keep running out of memory and getting really laggy. I don't think its a ROM issue really, but just an overall issue with memory management. Anyone have any really good memory management tips or applications?

I keep running out of ram too and the phone gets lagged out. This happens with pretty much with only one or 2 apps running. This is happening constantly and is getting to the point were I'm about to not use this rom anymore. There might be a memory leak somewhere. I Have to keep killing all apps with the kill button, but even then the ram is still almost completely used up. After using the phone for a while same thing happens. Things get real laggy, and I look and all the ram is being used. This happens to me on other kexec roms also. Cm10 is the only kexec rom that this doesn't happen with.

-=[.stryker.originals.]=-

stryker_sig1.png

#229 sativaman

sativaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:09 AM

Lol.... I've now got that mysterious charging LED too. I don't know where it came from and mine seems to gradually change colors between light blue, white and light green. I wasn't able to override it with light flow. Weird.<br /><br />Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#230 mjmellin

mjmellin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter:mjmellin
  • Google+:mjmellin@gmail.com

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:54 AM

I am experiencing severe lag after a day or so of using the ROM. It makes the ROM almost unusable. I will be looking for a different ROM at this time.

#231 snort

snort

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:50 AM

I experienced an odd thing yesterday, but it could be a Chrome Beta thing and not the rom. I'm running 5/27 now, and yesterday afternoon I tried to pull up a youtube video in Chrome Beta to play. Well, I was expecting it to play sound through the speaker, but no sound was coming out, so I went into System Settings and tried turning volume off and on. After hitting the Vibrate toggle in Settings, the phone became increasing unresponsive over the next 10-15 seconds, until it froze up and rebooted. I didn't try pulling up the video again after the phone rebooted.

Other than that, it's been behaving pretty well.

#232 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR; Nexus 10

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:26 AM

So I've been running the ROM for a few days, but have noticed I keep running out of memory and getting really laggy.  I don't think its a ROM issue really, but just an overall issue with memory management.  Anyone have any really good memory management tips or applications?

I am experiencing severe lag after a day or so of using the ROM. It makes the ROM almost unusable. I will be looking for a different ROM at this time.

There is definitely a RAM management issue going on. Under ROM Control you can turn on the kill all button in the recents screen which I use to clear out the RAM when ever it starts to slow. I have seem some people using RAM Manager to keep the RAM levels where they need to be. I will be trying to fix this in the next build.

This is the root of most issues right now.

#233 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:30 AM

Try This

Ran MinFreeManager, used these settings:

• Foreground App (mb): 6
  • Visible App (mb): 12
  • Secondary Server (mb): 16
  • Hidden App (mb): 82
  • Content Provider (mb): 90
  • Empty App (mb): 98

• stryker likes this

#234 SmittenmittenS

SmittenmittenS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

I experienced an odd thing yesterday, but it could be a Chrome Beta thing and not the rom. I'm running 5/27 now, and yesterday afternoon I tried to pull up a youtube video in Chrome Beta to play. Well, I was expecting it to play sound through the speaker, but no sound was coming out, so I went into System Settings and tried turning volume off and on. After hitting the Vibrate toggle in Settings, the phone became increasing unresponsive over the next 10-15 seconds, until it froze up and rebooted. I didn't try pulling up the video again after the phone rebooted.

Other than that, it's been behaving pretty well.

I have also ran into this problem throughout the ROM. Go to turn my volume up or down and it will end up locking my phone up causing me to PWR + Vol down to kill it. Have only ran into it once or twice but it is a problem I have noticed as well. 5/27 build

#235 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:mystropro

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

Try This

Ran MinFreeManager, used these settings:

• Foreground App (mb): 6
  • Visible App (mb): 12
  • Secondary Server (mb): 16
  • Hidden App (mb): 82
  • Content Provider (mb): 90
  • Empty App (mb): 98

Will try.

#236 slvrbul

slvrbul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx / Motorola Xoom MZ602 4G

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

Buttered keep freezing on me as well since 5/27 update tried deleting slot did this 3 times still no luck so I went to CM10 and it is working great !!!

Posted Image

#237 ras0787

ras0787

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter:ras0787
  • Google+:Rich Steele
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXX; Nexus 7

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

My MMS was working when I first flashed earlier this week, today it's not. I will get handcent for now, although I hate 3rd party messaging apps. Oh well small price to pay for such a great rom.

#238 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

Still no camera or video camera right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#239 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Still no camera or video camera right?

Both are there and working

#240 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

Can this rom be flashed from cwm? Is there a stock rom to flash if it doesn't work out?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users