#61 coletrane09

coletrane09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Twitter:coletrane09
  • LocationHart, MI

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

Not fastbootable...not gonna do it, too much of a risk. Read the first thread wanted to flash researched it read the other said not fastbootable. I'll fastboot back to stock and wait for official ota.

Sent from stock rooted ICS Razr

#62 coletrane09

coletrane09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Twitter:coletrane09
  • LocationHart, MI

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:32 AM

I'm on 6.14.75 and I'm glad I can fastboot back to .173 and already had to cause of losing root. That being said, I was a bit tempted to flash the latest leak but talked myself out of it and glad I did. Sucks that the OP along with others that hard bricked their razrs however they did assume all responsibilities for their actions/lack of fully reading/comprehending instructions. Especially for those with very little to no experience regarding rooting and flashing ROM's, don't do it till you fully understand how missing 1 crucial step will brick your phone. I'm not calling myself a seasoned rooter and such, but I do read, reread, and reread more along with asking tons of questions before moving forward. And also use a bit of common sense, if someone posts anything about doing something to your phone see at least if he/she has posted stuff in the past about ROM flashing, etc more than a handful of times. Better yet stick with the seasoned devs that have been doing these things for a long time.

Sent from my Rooted Sith powered ICS RAZR

well said....read and reread that's why I'm still on the first leak

Sent from stock rooted ICS Razr

#63 secretNinja

secretNinja

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:13 AM

I say it's all EStrongs fault, after all, they made es file explorer, which allowed r/w access to place the leak

#64 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:28 AM

Thank you P3 for saying the right words.

Onto the next point. Everyone who messes with their phone is ultimately responsible for what happens. But, with that being said, I would also like to publicly come out and say that's it's bull$#!+ that the higher ups said that this leaks was tested tested tested and then everyone bricked AND no one will take responsibility. The issues isn't that people bricked their own phones, the issue is that commoners (such as myself) look up to and trust the Devs and management of this forum and for those trusted individuals to come out and vouch for a specific flash and then cause a forum wide meltdown and REFUSE to take ANY responsibility is without a doubt the most irresponsibility taking place on this forum, beyond crack flashing. Yeah I said it. It's about owning up to screwing up and not about finger pointing or lack there of. I personally am not bricked but I feel for those who are because they foolishly trusted those who call themselves leaders but then claim 0 liability when the $#!+ hits the fan. That's what being a leader is all about. A leader takes responsibility for his troops. When there's a scandal at a large company, the CEO gets $#!+ canned. When there's a failure in a military drill, the commanding officer gets reprimanded, even if he wasn't even there! That's what being a leader is all about, taking responsibility for your subordinates actions when your directions are what caused the problem to begin with, otherwise, why have admin, testers, Devs and mods? Why bother if these people are so quick to point he finger and run for the door when their accountability has been jeopardized? I'm done, take this as you will. But if you can't lead..then DONT.

Sent from my who really cares?? Using NOBODY DOES!

Yeah I have to agree with this..

I am not mad at anyone here, at all. In fact my phone works fantastic with the leak. I personally couldn't be any happier.

I do not like the way the leadership around here acts though.

What you have to realize:

EVERY post with a rom or leak has the warning. So what does this mean? Well it means the general public gets desensitized to them.

Is this your problem? Well yes and no. No you are not financially responsible but you should try to provide some empathy to the situation. "Guys, we are really sorry this happened we are working night and day for a fix. It will be on the front page when ready. Thank you for your understanding."

Something to that extent. Now if anyone says you owe them a new phone send them a PM that NICELY demonstrates your lack of liability. Don't put in every post "you flashed it, you life with it!! "

I am not upset at any individual, I am upset at the leadership TEAM. I think the meltdown that happened could have been avoided. Remember its not the action the leader makes but its the reaction that makes a leader.

I am a general manager where I work and I've made COUNTLESS miscalculations but my boss and more importantly MY PEOPLE haven't graded me on my mistakes so much as my decisions on how to fix them.
Sent from my Axiom MAXX!!

#65 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Twitter:@jamminjon82
  • LocationGloucester, VA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, Moto X, Kindle Fire 2,Razr M, Nexus 7, Acer A100

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

I did jump on this when first leaked but it works great for me. I did lose root which sucks but $#!+ happens. I'm not mad at anybody though, I think that we have lost sight of the fact that we get these things for FREE. Plus this community is amazing so I know a fix will come. To quote Jurassic park life always finds a way

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#66 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:07 AM

I really don't no how many times I have to apologize around here. I keep getting backlash and flamed from around the WWW. I have stated before that I dud have success using RSD and I have. I have checked on many other sites and there are over 20 ppl who have been able to revert back. What I'm trying to say is seeing all this negativity makes alot of the devs just want to walk away . Yeah we tested on a low scale nit a mass one. Our job is to give you options. Weather they are positive or negative. That's why we have the files still up BECAUSE WE HACK OUR PHONES AND GIVE OPTIONS. This is the nature of the beast. 2nd your phoned are NOT BRICKED , you just are in need of a fix. 3rd Business. Lol you think this is biz related if you think that you are faaaaaaaarrrrrrr from having any clue. If you think I get paid for all the time and effort I put in hear, I don't, do you think i get free phones, I don't, I don't push my PayPal in people's faces or ask for money. I do this as a hobby. I was up all night last night working with top members in the community, trying to get this fixed. Went to bed a hour ago and now I'm back up. I just dropped my daughter off at school, have to take my wife to a DR. Appointment and have to attend a meeting for MY BUSINESS,that I've ran for ten+ years. Not to mention class tonight. So seeing all these encouraging rants really makes me feel great and makes me want to continue to try to help. Step in my shoes for a day. I'm no better then anyone hear. I've never came off like that or think that. This is a HOBBY not a life or death situation, a mistake. If you can't understand what I'm saying then you should not root your phones.

I will continue to work on a fix. But I'm done posting, WHY, because I don't deserve the way, my team or me has been treated.

Yeah I have to agree with this..

I am not mad at anyone here, at all. In fact my phone works fantastic with the leak. I personally couldn't be any happier.

I do not like the way the leadership around here acts though.

What you have to realize:

EVERY post with a rom or leak has the warning. So what does this mean? Well it means the general public gets desensitized to them.

Is this your problem? Well yes and no. No you are not financially responsible but you should try to provide some empathy to the situation. "Guys, we are really sorry this happened we are working night and day for a fix. It will be on the front page when ready. Thank you for your understanding."

Something to that extent. Now if anyone says you owe them a new phone send them a PM that NICELY demonstrates your lack of liability. Don't put in every post "you flashed it, you life with it!! "

I am not upset at any individual, I am upset at the leadership TEAM. I think the meltdown that happened could have been avoided. Remember its not the action the leader makes but its the reaction that makes a leader.

I am a general manager where I work and I've made COUNTLESS miscalculations but my boss and more importantly MY PEOPLE haven't graded me on my mistakes so much as my decisions on how to fix them.
Sent from my Axiom MAXX!!

• TopherRZ likes this

#67 fbm111

fbm111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:fbm111

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

I really don't no how many times I have to apologize around here. I keep getting backlash and flamed from around the WWW. I have stated before that I dud have success using RSD and I have. I have checked on many other sites and there are over 20 ppl who have been able to revert back. What I'm trying to say is seeing all this negativity makes alot of the devs just want to walk away . Yeah we tested on a low scale nit a mass one. Our job is to give you options. Weather they are positive or negative. That's why we have the files still up BECAUSE WE HACK OUR PHONES AND GIVE OPTIONS. This is the nature of the beast. 2nd your phoned are NOT BRICKED , you just are in need of a fix. 3rd Business. Lol you think this is biz related if you think that you are faaaaaaaarrrrrrr from having any clue. If you think I get paid for all the time and effort I put in hear, I don't, do you think i get free phones, I don't, I don't push my PayPal in people's faces or ask for money. I do this as a hobby. I was up all night last night working with top members in the community, trying to get this fixed. Went to bed a hour ago and now I'm back up. I just dropped my daughter off at school, have to take my wife to a DR. Appointment and have to attend a meeting for MY BUSINESS,that I've ran for ten+ years. Not to mention class tonight. So seeing all these encouraging rants really makes me feel great and makes me want to continue to try to help. Step in my shoes for a day. I'm no better then anyone hear. I've never came off like that or think that. This is a HOBBY not a life or death situation, a mistake. If you can't understand what I'm saying then you should not root your phones.

I will continue to work on a fix. But I'm done posting, WHY, because I don't deserve the way, my team or me has been treated.

You don't have to apologize at all. My phone is soft bricked, not even remotely your fault. While I greatly appriciate you trying to fix it, if I were you I would tell everyone to go somewhere;)

Thank you for everything you have done and continue to do.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

#68 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

+1... every phone is different people! I've personally had 2 of the same exact device act completely different sitting side by side! No one is to blame here... honestly! I for one have a "brick" sitting at the house. Is it a brick.... no! We just haven't found a solution for the conflict yet. If you're not willing to deal with the hurdles along with the perks sometimes.... you're best leaving well enough alone. Take your phone out of the box and use it as is! If you think this couldn't happen from an official OTA you're wrong! Been there done that as well! Then had to flash something that one of our community developers came up with to fix it... let's stop all of the finger pointing and work toward a common goal! Next, think about what he said. Its a hobby! But think about all of the times you see someone go the extra mile to help out the less knowledgeable. I personally have stayed up until 2, 3, 4 AM knowing I've got to be up at 5 for work.... just to get something pushed out that I'm not even going to use! Most every developer I've talked to does the same thing more then you may realize. Some of us put donation links in our threads... just in case someone wants to go the extra mile and show that much appreciation. Is it required? Absolutely not! A simple thanks keep up the good work goes a long way. So once again.... let's stop with the negative comments, emails, or whatever else you feel you have the right to dish out... and say thanks for trying to rectify the situation!!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#69 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

I just want to say one more thing before i leave this thread... Use this as an example. Know that at any time you can brick or soft brick a phone whether things have been tested or not. I have a brick sitting on my desk that used to be a thunderbolt. I flashed an ultra low voltage mod made by a very highly respected dev that had been flashed countless times by countless people. Knowing how dangerous it is to lower a cpu's voltage i went ahead and flashed anyways. Well my particular thunderbolt did not care for the low voltage and will no longer power on. You know what i did next? I bought a RAZR. I didn't flood the forums asking for an apology or anything. I moved on and keep my thunderbolt on my desk as a reminder that at any time my RAZR can be sitting next to it. Moral to the story, just because the op says it works doesn't mean it won't brick or soft brick YOUR device. Keep that in mind the next time you flash anything.

• eckdawg5 likes this

#70 porkshanker

porkshanker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

my RAZR MAXX is bricked but guess what life goes on it was my decision and my fault its bricked.It goes with the territory.

#71 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:26 AM

Hey crackflashers. I heard new ICS 90 OUT. Anyone wanna flash :)

#72 cynnar

cynnar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:34 AM

Hey crackflashers. I heard new ICS 90 OUT. Anyone wanna flash

Don't knock the crackflashers. After all if they didn't like there hobby of flashing things then the beloved devs who do what they do as a hobby would loose interest and quit eventually. It is a marriage. Without devs there is no crackflashers and without crackflashers who would enjoy the work the devs do.

The devs enjoy the work they do being appreciated. But no marriage works if both parties do not give a little.

If it's not broke try harder.
I tend to question things I disbelieve are true. Some people cannot handle that. Sorry if you are one of those people.

#73 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:36 AM

Link it Im game!!!

#74 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:40 AM

Hey crackflashers. I heard new ICS 90 OUT. Anyone wanna flash

OMG where's the needle? Err i mean link...

#75 cynnar

cynnar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

I knew it surrounded by junkies. Guess that means im in good company :D

I tend to question things I disbelieve are true. Some people cannot handle that. Sorry if you are one of those people.

#76 TopherRZ

TopherRZ

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

I blame MOTO/Verizon. If they had released ICS already this wouldn't have happened LOL. Oh well, crackflashers will be crackflashers.
*Only four iPh0n3s were hurt in the making of this post*

#77 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:24 AM

@ddx

There are plenty here that haven't flamed you and your team. I know you guys will find a solution eventually. My takeaway is that anyone flashing roms needs to agree to the following:

1. They have a backup phone they can use in case of bricking.
2. They are willing to write off a hard bricked phone and pay full price for a new phone in case of bricking.
3. If you don't meet 1 & 2 above then you should not be flashing roms. Period.

I hope the people that have made angry posts, PMs, emails, etc will be just as enthusiastic in praising the team here when they find a solution.

#78 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

+1

#79 cynnar

cynnar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

@ddx

There are plenty here that haven't flamed you and your team. I know you guys will find a solution eventually. My takeaway is that anyone flashing roms needs to agree to the following:

1. They have a backup phone they can use in case of bricking.
2. They are willing to write off a hard bricked phone and pay full price for a new phone in case of bricking.
3. If you don't meet 1 & 2 above then you should not be flashing roms. Period.

I hope the people that have made angry posts, PMs, emails, etc will be just as enthusiastic in praising the team here when they find a solution.

Very true, but not everyone has the extra cash to go buy a spare phone. I know I don't. And by your rules I should not flash anything and the time and effort i put into learning things like deodexing (since that is as far as i am able to get until a fix) should only be done by those that have a safety net? Isn't that been the issue. Those that are bricked thought there was a safety net?

Yes I will thank the devs when they find a fix. No they didn't know it would cause this many problems. It is the fact that EVERY dev beotches about people not reading the op, and then when something like this happens and peopl point out it was in the op the first response is well you knew better. I don't care for apologies. A simple post saying. This thing is bricking phones op on this topic closed. We will get a fix asap. I know people will do it anyway, but for those that are pissed because of incorrect info would have been much happier with that.

It is by far way past getting old. I can argue either side i see both sides, but i don't matter it is a community as a whole that matters. Until both devs and users agree that everyone has a role in anything that is done, then there will be lots of hard times. I like to vent as well as the next guy, but i try to call it like i see it. Something to remember for anything in life is actions speak louder than words. My actions show me as a shlong. Yes I am. I am a normal guy just like the rest of us. Nobody is better than me and i better than them. That doesn't mean i am going to sit back and take trash talk on any subject juat as you would not.

#80 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

I do agree with the fact that we should all be working together. People are going to vent! But there should be a line that is not crossed... for instance wishing harm on someone. That line should have never been crossed and in my opinion.... if those individuals are pin pointed should be banned for the forum. It doesn't help anybody one way or another. Things like that just hinder progress. People that are using mods made public are relying on devs to give them options they wouldn't necessarily otherwise. Then on the other hand devs are relying on users for feedback. Why? Because we don't catch everything 100% of the time. Its a community. Every community has its good days and its bad days. The main reason I replied to this thread in the first place was because I don't think the blame should be put on any one individual. Then of coarse you tack on the line that was crossed here that really just instigates problems rather then progress...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users