Photo

Verizon Will End Unlimited Data Grandfathering If You Buy A 4G Phone From This Summer Onward

verizon 4g unlimited

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#81 alexp1289

alexp1289

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

Oh well if I ever lose my unlimited data plan I guess I'm going to the next best carrier. Hate to say it but att Lol.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

#82 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:59 AM

Oh well if I ever lose my unlimited data plan I guess I'm going to the next best carrier. Hate to say it but att Lol.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Why because at&t has unlimited? Not

#83 ogrekane313

ogrekane313

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:14 AM

i just upgraded to maxx and still unlimited

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#84 joshuahist

joshuahist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:joshuahist
  • Google+:joshuahist
  • LocationPhiladelphia Pa

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:01 AM

Why because at&t has unlimited? Not

No because we pay more to Verizon because we get the unlimited!

#85 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:10 AM

i just upgraded to maxx and still unlimited

Doesn't begin til summer. Anyone with upgrades should do so now to keep unlimited for 2 more years...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#86 coletrane09

coletrane09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Twitter:coletrane09
  • LocationHart, MI

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:25 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my ICS Leaked RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#87 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:49 AM

What about all of us who already have unlimited data on a 4g phone like the RAZR? Do we keep it?

Sent from my ICS Leak RAZR
Posted Image

#88 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:55 AM

What about all of us who already have unlimited data on a 4g phone like the RAZR? Do we keep it?

Sent from my ICS Leak RAZR

Until you sign your next contract.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#89 blaten22

blaten22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

Until you sign your next contract.

So then he should be able to get a phone through Ebay, and keep the service yes?

#90 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

So then he should be able to get a phone through Ebay, and keep the service yes?

Do we have an exact date for this, i was about to go get 2 maxx's when i saw the new razr models in china. Would like a newer model but what are the chances of this hapening before they come out?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

#91 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

yup

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#92 maverick2127

maverick2127

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

I spoke with an executive rep this morning and she stated as long as there was no contract changes, don't renew/ open a new contract, you would retain your current contract specifications. i.e. you would retain your unlimited data. She did also say that you could activate another phone on the same line as long as it was not bought through Verizon and retain your unlimited data. The only way verizon would switch you over to the new shared data is if the contract was updated. Furthermore, she stated she did not know how long this would last for. Verizon in the future may just take it away from everyone, but in the mean time people who have unlimited data will retain it.

#93 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

I promise you all unlimited data will eventually be gone whether you renew a contract or not. Remember Verizon said before that only new subscribers will have to get tiered data. They are slowly but surely pushing everyone to limited data

#94 Cruiserdude

Cruiserdude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:@andrewblitch

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

First of all, everybody should sign the petition!!!

They clarified today that anyone currently with a grandfathered unlimited data plan will keep that plan if they purchase phones at full retail price. Here's the AC link explaining it...

Sure, they can always go back on their word, but today their official statement says "Customers who choose to purchase phones at full retail price and are currently on an unlimited smartphone data plan will be able to keep that plan."

So while its not the best scenario around, those of us with upgrades saved up should wait until right before they end it (early summer it seems like) and purchase whatever is the nicest phone at the time. Use it and keep the Razr as backup, sell your Razr, sell the new one immediately and keep the money until something you really want comes out. Doesn't matter what you do, just don't use any more upgrades after the changeover and you should be able to keep unlimited data indefinitely. I don't see them outright killing it at any point if you don't upgrade.

#95 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

They've already went back on their word when they said new customers only would need the tiered data plans.

#96 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

They've already went back on their word when they said new customers only would need the tiered data plans.

That's not really going back on their word... They never said hey all you unlimited data people will never lose your unlimited.

Besides show me a company that never changes their business plan to make more money

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#97 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:33 AM

That's not really going back on their word... They never said hey all you unlimited data people will never lose your unlimited.

Besides show me a company that never changes their business plan to make more money

They may not have said we will never lose unlimited data but they did say it will only affect new customers. Just like they said it will only affect renewed contracts. I'm just saying it's only a matter of time before it's only affecting everyone who uses the Verizon wireless network lol.

#98 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

Speak with your wallets. Let them know how you feel and then SHOW them with your wallet. bitc$%#g and complaining does nothing if you do not take action. I am canceling my two lines plus my triple play (tv, phone, 35/35 internet)

What I dont understand is they had it perfect. No one will break contract if they lose unlimited data so everyone is renewing. Now I bet people leave. I will.

Sent from my Axiom MAXX!!

#99 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

I just hope i don't lose my unlimited tethering plan. I can easily get by with 2 GB a month on my mobile.

#100 veldy

veldy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter:minnbrewer
  • Google+:veldy71

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:16 PM

Speak with your wallets? Sprint throttles, has WIMAX (slowly working towards LTE to make Apple happy) and is a fragile bureaucracy internally, bound to screw you at some point. All the rest have tiered data and AT&T is doing the same thing. There is nowhere to go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users