808 replies to this topic

#721 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

Ok so I'm not really sure what has happened. I had a fully working phone and contacts on the theme when I finished it up, but I assume I somehow uploaded the wrong one and I can't find the one that does work so tonight when I get home I'm going to just go back and theme them from stock BW again. I'll post back when it is all uploaded.

#722 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

Rom has been my daily driver for 2 weeks, lately the battery is draining at a very high rate of about 9% an hour, with very little use, I pulled it off the charge at 10:30 am my time and its 12:35 and i am down to 81% and i only received one call and no texts and nothing else CPU sleeper is on and active as well as AD killer, I have no apps except google plus, and facebook ( which is set to not sync), and Google Now, its been like this for 3 days I noticed it Saturday, my battery died on Saturday after 10 hours of absolutely no use. What can I send you to help me deal with this, Log Cat, or something else, I cant have worse battery life than my thunderbolt...on a device that's supposedly 21 hours of constant talk and it makes no sense... HELLLLPPPPPP!!!!!
Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

#723 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

Rom has been my daily driver for 2 weeks, lately the battery is draining at a very high rate of about 9% an hour, with very little use, I pulled it off the charge at 10:30 am my time and its 12:35 and i am down to 81% and i only received one call and no texts and nothing else CPU sleeper is on and active as well as AD killer, I have no apps except google plus, and facebook ( which is set to not sync), and Google Now, its been like this for 3 days I noticed it Saturday, my battery died on Saturday after 10 hours of absolutely no use. What can I send you to help me deal with this, Log Cat, or something else, I cant have worse battery life than my thunderbolt...on a device that's supposedly 21 hours of constant talk and it makes no sense... HELLLLPPPPPP!!!!!

flash another rom and see what results you get. I highly doubt its the rom, but try stock or another custom rom with the same apps you have now... you may need yo fastboot back yo complete stock, upgrade to 214 or 215... or stay on 211 and then do a fresh install. Its not normal to have battery drains like that so it may be a bad battery, time for some testing to find out :ph34r:

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#724 JJT211

JJT211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

Yup....process of elimination dude....Try new ROM...then try stock....with all same settings and apps...if its all the same....then its hardware related...which it prob is

#725 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

flash another rom and see what results you get. I highly doubt its the rom, but try stock or another custom rom with the same apps you have now... you may need yo fastboot back yo complete stock, upgrade to 214 or 215... or stay on 211 and then do a fresh install. Its not normal to have battery drains like that so it may be a bad battery, time for some testing to find out :ph34r:

i would love to think its the battery but the phone is new I just got it replaced from VZW and my other device had it as well... i cant stand a stock rom because they all have the bloat
i have monitored in safe mode the last hour ... and battery is down from a full charge to 89 % that's 11 percent in 51 minutes... something is very wrong..... I will uninstall and go to a different rom , its something with aokp in general because I was running full throttle as well and after a few weeks break in it was losing battery as well not quite at this rate but about 6% an hour.....

#726 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

i would love to think its the battery but the phone is new I just got it replaced from VZW and my other device had it as well... i cant stand a stock rom because they all have the bloat
i have monitored in safe mode the last hour ... and battery is down from a full charge to 89 % that's 11 percent in 51 minutes... something is very wrong..... I will uninstall and go to a different rom , its something with aokp in general because I was running full throttle as well and after a few weeks break in it was losing battery as well not quite at this rate but about 6% an hour.....

ok.... so your having the same problem as on other roms. its obviously not the ROM so... posting and/or to keep complaining about battery drains isnt going to make anything better unfortunately. and being on stock with full bloat is not that big of a deal if your trying to figure out battery issues. .. you can simply freeze the apps by disabling them while running stock ICS. thats why i threw out the suggestion ****** Its not ROM related* and there is nothing else i can do for you. So please flash another rom and thanks for the feedback. :wub:

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#727 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Google+:markw4itg@gmail.com
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

Besides how little does he want his battery to drain in one hour? 1%? Come on dude get real. You probably have a bunch of apps trying to sync something or another. Try freezing different apps while on this ROM and see what happens. Or try downloading an app that monitors what app is sucking your battery dry.

#728 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

Besides how little does he want his battery to drain in one hour? 1%? Come on dude get real. You probably have a bunch of apps trying to sync something or another. Try freezing different apps while on this ROM and see what happens. Or try downloading an app that monitors what app is sucking your battery dry.

+1

& sorry if i came across as an gluteus.. ive been working long days and its irritating to keep getting the same problem posted by the same person.... I can easily pull 16-20 hours with medium/high usage on my OG razr. both on Aokp and my 214 rom. And there are and have been a few suggestions given to help figure out the problem with your battery drain, so for me its just easier to have the person move along to another ROM.. sadly, :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#729 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

whoa!! pardon me for asking for help.....

#730 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

whoa!! pardon me for asking for help.....

lmao, its not your first time asking/stating the issues with your battery...... hence the frustration. I and other members have given you suggestions to help figure out the problem with your battery drain, and you seem to look past those suggestions and keep posting about your messed up battery drains...... not much i can do about that~ other than say sorry my ROM dont work for you, so go flash another........................................................ :ph34r:

Posted Image

#731 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

get real ...What did I do? I asked for suggestions tried them all in the past weeks and Same results, so why Start with the BS, Never Mind I get it.... No I don't expect 1% an hour I do expect my device to last more than 7 hours with no use and no apps running but one email syncing once an hour... not to much to ask, obviously I have frustrated you guys, I can see that the same complaints over and over, but no need for Ridicule...

#732 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:20 AM

I for one am loving battery life on this ROM...it's the best I've seen yet.

Exodus-Sig%204.png

#733 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

Update: I uninstalled this Rom Last night at 11: pm and installed a deodexed and Zipaligned stock debloated Rom by DualCore.... running my same apps and set up... and I had my phone charged to 100% took it off when I went to sleep, 6hours plus off the charger no use overnight, woke up with 97%
I charged on my way to work to full and so far after 6 hours my battery is at 95% with moderate usage, I don't know what happened maybe a bad install of this Rom, perhaps 2 but seems unlikely, either way I appreciate your input and your ROM truly is a Bad rear end and I will try again in a few weeks Hopefully with different results...

#734 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

studiorat, u know there is a Black Widow 214 based rom that looks just like Aokp and Cm9 bw. its deodexed and de-blurr'd.. if u wanted to keep the darkness.. its what i run as my daily~ :ph34r:

• studiorat likes this

Posted Image

#735 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

studiorat, u know there is a Black Widow 214 based rom that looks just like Aokp and Cm9 bw. its deodexed and de-blurr'd.. if u wanted to keep the darkness.. its what i run as my daily~ :ph34r:

i tried that first before the aokp... I like the weather on the lockscreen on aokp better , the cm 9 is just white weather... personally I prefer the color ... I had issues with CM7 on my Tbolt that kinda left me jaded about any CM, I have the .214 on my sd card but I will run this for a lil while and switch back ...we only have a handful Roms that are stable... Hey whats your thoughts on Motorola unlocking the bootloader finally and what does that mean for Roms...

#736 XenoReseller

XenoReseller

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

I just got my first android phone. It's a Droid Razr running ICS 4.0.4, it's not a leak I suppose and I have it rooted. Can I install this rom onto my phone? I've noticed that all the ROMs I've looked at say that you need an ICS leak.

#737 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

I just got my first android phone. It's a Droid Razr running ICS 4.0.4, it's not a leak I suppose and I have it rooted. Can I install this rom onto my phone? I've noticed that all the ROMs I've looked at say that you need an ICS leak.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Requirements:
  • You Must be on a Moto ICS system/leak
  • You Must use

or you will Brick!

yes, if your on moto ICS 211-215 you can flash any of my roms. just follow the install directions given in the OP to the T. :ph34r:

Posted Image

#738 XenoReseller

XenoReseller

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

Requirements:
  • You Must be on a Moto ICS system/leak
  • You Must use

or you will Brick!
yes, if your on moto ICS 211-215 you can flash any of my roms. just follow the install directions given in the OP to the T. :ph34r:

Okay, thanks. Since all the roms here were talking about leaks, I didn't know if mine had to be one. Thanks a bunch!

Edit:
System version: 6.16.211.XT912.verizon.en.US
I'm going to assume that means I'm on 211 and take a shot at installing you ROM. Thanks.

#739 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

Okay, thanks. Since all the roms here were talking about leaks, I didn't know if mine had to be one. Thanks a bunch!

Edit:
System version: 6.16.211.XT912.verizon.en.US
I'm going to assume that means I'm on 211 and take a shot at installing you ROM. Thanks.

yeah most were built before the "leak/s" became the OTA. and you are correct yes, this can be installed from the system version you are currently on (211). Anything else don't be afraid to ask, myself or another member should be glad to assist you..

Posted Image

#740 scottay5150

scottay5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

I was using the supplied voice search. It was hanging nothing happening. I deleted the file in the sys file in the file manager... what can I do now?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4.0.4, DROID RAZR/MAXX, ICS-leak, custom rom, Black Widow ICS, 211-215 compatible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users