• Please log in to reply
875 replies to this topic

#561 daddymikey1975

daddymikey1975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

anyone know why safestrap would not open?

I fastbooted back to stock. Rooted, used voodoo to protect root. Installed the JB update, used voodoo to restore root (worked) then installed
SS 3.11

When I open SS, it gives me an error "unfortunately safestrap has stopped" and closes.

Any idea why or what I need to do to get it fixed ?

#562 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

daddymikey, it sounds like the app got corrupted, or if it was never working; a fresh new download of SS seems in order.

Just be sure if you are still on ICS you use an ICS compatible version of SS, I am using 3.05 on ICS & all is well.

Good luck!
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#563 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

Um, aren't they all comparable with ICS? With the more/most recent working with JB as well?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#564 hddeuce60

hddeuce60

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

I messed up and wiped system on the stock side and now the stock side will not boot no matter what I try to install help please!!!

#565 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

I messed up and wiped system on the stock side and now the stock side will not boot no matter what I try to install help please!!!

Did you happen to have a backup of stock?....

sent from my JB RAZR tapadriving

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#566 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,129 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Flash something on stock...
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#567 pmassey31545

pmassey31545

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationJesup, GA
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX Alltel

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Question. I have installed SS 2.11 and I can not format my /system which I think is what is causing my ROM flashes to fail-black screen boot loop thingy. So I always have to revert to the safe system. The other issue I have with 2.11 is that I did a system backup before any flashing and when I try to restore I get an md5checksum mismatch error. Ideas anyone???

The other issue I have is that on versions 3.04, 3.07 and 3.11 none of them can even see my SD card as some other members have posted. So unless I store the ROM zip on my internal memory, I can't flash it. Again, ideas???

#568 hddeuce60

hddeuce60

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Did you happen to have a backup of stock?....

sent from my JB RAZR tapadriving

Yes but I tried restoring and still nothing even tried installing a stock ROM and just boot loop
  • pmassey31545 likes this

#569 onemotodroid

onemotodroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Twitter:onemotodroid

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for the help! It worked

Backup your slot 1 to your external SD. Delete slot. Regenerate slot one as a 3 gb data slot. Restore your backup to that slot and then add the rest of your apps.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx booting JB leak based ROM while maintaining stock ICS. (JB Dual Boot - XT912)<br /><br />

#570 daddymikey1975

daddymikey1975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

daddymikey, it sounds like the app got corrupted, or if it was never working; a fresh new download of SS seems in order.

Just be sure if you are still on ICS you use an ICS compatible version of SS, I am using 3.05 on ICS & all is well.

Good luck!

It was working when I was on ICS just fine.

After I made the switch to JB, I downloaded the link from Hashcode's website to my drop box folder, tried downloading it to the phone itself. Both tries were a no-go.

I uninstalled it and found SS 3.07 in this thread as well and it does the same thing. I have no idea what's wrong with it.

I do have root (verified w/ voodoo) but can't get safestrap to open up and run (it installs fine though)

#571 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

try to d/l a fresh version fm a diff link if possible & then replace the misbehaving SS
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#572 daddymikey1975

daddymikey1975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

try to d/l a fresh version fm a diff link if possible & then replace the misbehaving SS

got one?

Tried v 3.11 and most recently 3.7

same results with both

#573 daddymikey1975

daddymikey1975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

doesn't matter now anyway.. I did a factory reset and cleared dalvik in stock recovery.

Set phone back up. Voodoo is showing the box checked that says device rooted, however I can't update SU binaries. Can't get root access.

I used root checker and it says device not rooted. Factory reset wipes root :/

I do have root backup though.. (voodoo says so)

ETA: I used matt's "fix root" zip file.. this fixed my root.. AND allowed safe strap to work properly

Not sure what the difference was, but I'm in the house now. (glad I know how to read and search LOL)

#574 imhowie

imhowie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

I've been trying to search this thread and haven't seen anyone else say they have encountered it. Sorry if it has been answered already. I am on SS 3.0.5 and was try to update to 3.11, but my stock ROM is having issues for some reason. I am on the JB leak and have been able to switch to the stock ROM before without issues, but now when I boot the stock ROM, the screen turns black after it passes the SS screen. It plays the audio of the boot animation and vibrates as if it has gotten to the end of it, but the screen remains black. The phone doesn't seem to respond to anything after that. Any help would be appreciated. I tried fixing permissions once already and no luck.

#575 hddeuce60

hddeuce60

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

I've been trying to search this thread and haven't seen anyone else say they have encountered it. Sorry if it has been answered already. I am on SS 3.0.5 and was try to update to 3.11, but my stock ROM is having issues for some reason. I am on the JB leak and have been able to switch to the stock ROM before without issues, but now when I boot the stock ROM, the screen turns black after it passes the SS screen. It plays the audio of the boot animation and vibrates as if it has gotten to the end of it, but the screen remains black. The phone doesn't seem to respond to anything after that. Any help would be appreciated. I tried fixing permissions once already and no luck.

+1

#576 rcb0499

rcb0499

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Google+:Ryan Burgett
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

same here, but I don't have the sound or vibrate. It's just black screen.

#577 jthrash

jthrash

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter:sudoapt
  • Google+:jthrash84@gmail.com
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Device(s):XT926M Droid Razor MAXX HD

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Started using version 3.11 today, so far perfect. Touch, charge, and multiple roms are awesome features. Really glad I got the razr I will be donating soon.
Work less, learn more.

#578 pmassey31545

pmassey31545

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationJesup, GA
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX Alltel

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

I have a question that I may have missed somewhere. If I make a backup and I want to restore it, I know I just go into safestrap and do so just like CWM. My fear is that if I restore with Safestrap OFF and it doesn't 'TAKE', will I be dead in the water because I don't have a 'safe' backup now? Does that make sense?

If I turn safe system on, it will make an auto backup. When I turn safe system off it will revert me to the original. But if I want to restore, I have to leave safe system off. When I restart if the restore doesn't take, I will be out of luck, right?

I say all this because I made a backup of my original ROM several days ago and I want to restore it.

#579 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

This is caused by having root backed up by voodoo when you made your nandroid. It tries to overwrite it and silently fails. Make sure you delete the backup from within voodoo BEFORE you make the nandroid, then it will restore. I tested this, as I had problems on gb and on ICS. I made a backup with it protected, then made one with root not protected. Protected root again and tried the restores. The one made with root protected failed with the black screen. The one made without root protected restored fine, and when it booted back up, the protected copy of root was still there.
Sent from my DROID RAZR

#580 tsitalon1

tsitalon1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

Confused, Sorry!

I'm on stock ICS Kernel with SS 3.05, if I upgrade to SS 3.11, can I try the JB Roms?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safestrap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users