875 replies to this topic

#601 richardbsweeny

richardbsweeny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

I used Hash's dev. Rom and made a system backup and then restored it on the stock slot and it just boot looped. I'll wait a little while and see if there is another fix that allowes you to keep root.

Thank you guys for the advice and please if you can think of anything else let me know.

I may do the same. As long as slot 1 is still booting then I guess I'm ok.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#602 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

I used Hash's dev. Rom and made a system backup and then restored it on the stock slot and it just boot looped. I'll wait a little while and see if there is another fix that allowes you to keep root.

Thank you guys for the advice and please if you can think of anything else let me know.

Try restoring your original backup, then restoring just the system partition from Hashcode's Rom. Can't hurt anything at this point.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#603 rcb0499

rcb0499

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Google+:Ryan Burgett
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

Try restoring your original backup, then restoring just the system partition from Hashcode's Rom. Can't hurt anything at this point.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

It did the same thing, boot loop. When I try to restore backups on the stock slot it doesn't appear to restore the data and it does say something about that in the OP:
  • [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM *EMERGENCY USE ONLY RIGHT NOW -- NO FASTBOOT FILES FOR JB4.1 FROM MOTO*
  • After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
  • During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap

not really sure how to update the safestrap APK.

#604 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Ok. One last brain fart.....err idea. I uploaded my system backup and md5 file to my Dropbox. Download the two system.ext3 files, move yours out of the TWRP/Backup directory and drop these in, then try the complete restore again.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#605 richardbsweeny

richardbsweeny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Ok. One last brain fart.....err idea. I uploaded my system backup and md5 file to my Dropbox. Download the two system.ext3 files, move yours out of the TWRP/Backup directory and drop these in, then try the complete restore again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Where would I copy these files to? I have no backup files in either of the twrp folders(sd or ext-sd) thanks for your help

#606 rcb0499

rcb0499

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Sent from my DROID RAZR

When I tried to restore them it took 4 seconds and said it was done then I tried to reboot and it says no OS installed.

#607 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Where would I copy these files to? I have no backup files in either of the twrp folders(sd or ext-sd) thanks for your help

Your backups should be in /sdcard-ext/TWRP/BACKUPS. Under that directory should be sub directories for each of the slots. The files should be in the stock subdir, along with the files for data and cache.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#608 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

When I tried to restore them it took 4 seconds and said it was done then I tried to reboot and it says no OS installed.

What exactly did you try to restore?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#609 rcb0499

rcb0499

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Sent from my DROID RAZR

system.ext3 and system.ext3.win.md5

#610 richardbsweeny

richardbsweeny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Your backups should be in /sdcard-ext/TWRP/BACKUPS. Under that directory should be sub directories for each of the slots. The files should be in the stock subdir, along with the files for data and cache.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I had no backup folder. I just booted I to recovery, activated slot 1 and backed it up to create the folder and replaced one of the files with yours but I didn't have the md5 file in my backup to replace

#611 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

What happened to your original backup?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#612 richardbsweeny

richardbsweeny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

What happened to your original backup?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Good question

#613 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

You don't have it in either /sdcard/TWRP or /sdcard-ext/TWRP?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#614 richardbsweeny

richardbsweeny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

You don't have it in either /sdcard/TWRP or /sdcard-ext/TWRP?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I didn't. However after selecting slot 1 and create g a back up it created the files I needed. I booted into slot 1 and using root explorer replaced the back up files with the ones from u then rebooted into recovery. I then selected stock and restores that back up and IT WORKED! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.
  • pmassey31545 likes this

#615 richardbsweeny

richardbsweeny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

I didn't. However after selecting slot 1 and create g a back up it created the files I needed. I booted into slot 1 and using root explorer replaced the back up files with the ones from u then rebooted into recovery. I then selected stock and restores that back up and IT WORKED! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

Don't know if it makes a difference but after making the back up of slot 1 I tried restoring it in the stock slot using my own files and it boot looped. I then booted into my slot 1 and replaced my files with yours then back to recovery, restored with your files without wiping anything. That's what worked for me. Thanks again

#616 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Great!!!. Now make a backup without having root protected and you should be good to go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#617 rcb0499

rcb0499

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Finally got it to work! Had to do another backup on slot 2 then delete the system files and replaced them with yours and booted. Then went back into recovery and made a backup.
I really appreciate you taking the time to help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#618 FastKatt

FastKatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter:@FastKatt
  • Google+:FastKatt
  • Location37312
  • Current Device(s):D1, DX, Bionic, D4, RazrMaxx, Note2

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

...PRIOR TO UPGRADING TO V3.x FROM V2.x MOVE THE /sdcard/safestrap FOLDER FROM YOUR /sdcard TO THE /sdcard-ext. THIS OPENS UP VALUABLE INTERNAL EMMC SPACE WHERE ROM SLOTS ARE CREATED. AND KEEPS YOUR V2 BACKUPS SAFE IN CASE YOU WANT TO REVERT TO V2 AND USE THEM TO RESTORE....

When I use SS, over the last 3-4 updates... I haven't been able to 'MOUNT' the SDCard-Ext. So I can't store anything SS needs on it.
Any idea why?
RazrMaxx, Eclipse 1.5.1 in ROMSlot1, Stock ICS on the SafeSide
Me: Motorola RazrMaxx - Rooted | Wife: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Stock | Son: Motorola Droid 4 - Rooted | Daughter: Motorola Bionic - Stock | Spare Rooted Phones: LG Vortex & 3 Droid 1s

#619 pmassey31545

pmassey31545

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationJesup, GA
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX Alltel

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

When I use SS, over the last 3-4 updates... I haven't been able to 'MOUNT' the SDCard-Ext. So I can't store anything SS needs on it.
Any idea why?

I am having the same issue on my phone but my wifes works perfectly. Both phones are identical. Check

out. Still waiting for an answer or fix.

#620 pmassey31545

pmassey31545

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationJesup, GA
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX Alltel

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

Any idea why?

OK. Strange. I know I posted above this but I wanted to update. I decided to give SS 3.11 another chance. So here is what I did and it worked.

1) Boot into your safe side (stock) and go into the Safestrap app and uninstall recovery.
2) Got to your app drawer or Apps in settings and uninstall the Safestrap app.
3) MOVE your Safestrap folder in your internal storage to your SD card.
4) Restart your phone.
5) Install SS 3.11
6) Open SS and install recovery
7) Reboot and go into recovery.

Worked for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safestrap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users