#341 master0fursinz

master0fursinz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

i bricked my other razr during flash back to 173, darn thing died during rsd flash and cant get it to charge, i poped off the back cover but was not able to remove the battery dont have the proper screw driver.
Thank goodness for Devs, cracks, and leaks.

#342 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

cdma 4G?lol
Sharing da buzz on my crackflashed rzr jimyv

#343 master0fursinz

master0fursinz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:13 AM

figure after i do this, ill unlock the phone and sell it since its now global

#344 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

i bricked my other razr during flash back to 173, darn thing died during rsd flash and cant get it to charge, i poped off the back cover but was not able to remove the battery dont have the proper screw driver.

if it will boot into ap menu go to bp tools and plug it in...or u can make a cable that will allow you to flash it dead .then it will charge

#345 master0fursinz

master0fursinz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

if it will boot into ap menu go to bp tools and plug it in...or u can make a cable that will allow you to flash it dead .then it will charge

tried this last night till 3am nothing would allow it to charge, could not get the M logo to stay steady. thats why i opted for removing battery. as for the splicing of wires i cut myself in the process. i quit after that.

#346 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

tried this last night till 3am nothing would allow it to charge, could not get the M logo to stay steady. thats why i opted for removing battery. as for the splicing of wires i cut myself in the process. i quit after that.

dont think its supposed to be at the m .try just going to ap fast boot and tap power it should power down then plug into wall. if led flashs once it might be chargeing

#347 master0fursinz

master0fursinz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

dont think its supposed to be at the m .try just going to ap fast boot and tap power it should power down then plug into wall. if led flashs once it might be chargeing

everytime i turned it off it restarted and opened fastboot when plugged in the wall., even left it plugged into my computer by usb it had a solid white light thought maybe i can get it to charge like that but it failed.

#348 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

not to menu..to actual flash mode ?

#349 master0fursinz

master0fursinz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

yes to the actual flash mode, it also said "FAILED" at the top of the screen.

#350 dcorbett1972

dcorbett1972

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

yes it just flashn what the utility gave it .while its running the yellow or blue line across under ur droid hit both volume keys.. know you see flash progress tx. When its done it will leave you in recovery and not reboot..let phone sit for min close one utility open patch utility. Now hit reboot one phone as it says rebooting and screen flashs have both v keys pressed and held till it boot back into ap menu chose ap fastboot and now flash 206 boot image from patch utility.

Tried 3 times. No luck. Once in recovery, tried to flash 206 3 times each time. it finds update, opens update package, verifies update, and right at the beginning of installing update I get:

assert failed: mount("ext3", "MTD", "system", "/system")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

That is the message that I get on 2nd and subsequent attempts at flashing/ First error is a file_getprop error talking about the system/build.prop

BTW, there is nothing else on my SD card. Stripped it of all other crap in case that affected it.

#351 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

yes to the actual flash mode, it also said "FAILED" at the top of the screen.

well hate to tell you it kinda sounds like your making, buying a factory style cable.unless your brave enough to cut a charger wire and apply them to mating terminals.

#352 master0fursinz

master0fursinz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

well hate to tell you it kinda sounds like your making, buying a factory style cable.unless your brave enough to cut a charger wire and apply them to mating terminals.

yes i know, i started making one until i cut myself, thats when i quit and went to bed. razr isnt my primary phone, it was a phone to tinker with, and i really killed it. i will try to make my factory bootleg later after i get over my cut.

#353 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

Tried 3 times. No luck. Once in recovery, tried to flash 206 3 times each time. it finds update, opens update package, verifies update, and right at the beginning of installing update I get:

assert failed: mount("ext3", "MTD", "system", "/system")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

That is the message that I get on 2nd and subsequent attempts at flashing/ First error is a file_getprop error talking about the system/build.prop

BTW, there is nothing else on my SD card. Stripped it of all other crap in case that affected it.

i dont think your getting the boot img patch flashed...with utility? Must flash that in ap fastboot also just like the 181 files you just did before you attempted to flash update from card.

#354 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

Are u POS. You have the correct files on card..they are all named the same...must be certain. Then if fails cycle ba ck factory wipe clear cache attempt to boot up phone hard reset hold both v keys just as flashs off chose recovery and push sd update again

#355 kerm660r

kerm660r

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

Are u POS. You have the correct files on card..they are all named the same...must be certain. Then if fails cycle ba ck factory wipe clear cache attempt to boot up phone hard reset hold both v keys just as flashs off chose recovery and push sd update again

I will give you all a good laugh going into the holiday weekend. I'm not proud mind you. For all of those receiving the status 7 error, check the date on the .206 flash file. After trying unsuccessfully to flash the file for the last 24 hrs, I decided to look at the file date. In my haste, I copied the old .84 zip onto my SD card. You would figure that the April date would have stood out... I deleted that file and copied the correct zip to my SD card and the update flowed seamlessy from there on the first attempt. Not my brightest moment, that's for sure. Hope this helps anyone else that is experiencing a similar issue. I also hope you all are having a good chuckle right now!

Many thanks to all of those that chimed in trying to assist me. My apologies for wasting your time over such a knuckleheaded mistake. :blink:
  • jimyv and master0fursinz like this

#356 mattp427

mattp427

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

so, can you guys go into detail with the instillation of this. Please?

#357 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

so, can you guys go into detail with the instillation of this. Please?

i thought thats what ive been doing last page or two, have you checked them out? Read full op several times the ask something specific makes it a lil easier lol

#358 dcorbett1972

dcorbett1972

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

When you say to attempt to boot phone, are you saying to select reboot and then hit both v keys when it flashes prior to booting or another time?

Also, I re-downloaded the 206 files just to be sure. Still having same problem as of now.

#359 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

When you say to attempt to boot phone, are you saying to select reboot and then hit both v keys when it flashes prior to booting or another time?

at which stage if you have flashed 203 bootimg from utility successfully then push CORRECT 206 file from sd card do it min of twice.if still fails let it try to reboot..shouldnt function.. select recovery factory reset clear cache and reattempt.

#360 dcorbett1972

dcorbett1972

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

at which stage if you have flashed 203 bootimg from utility successfully then push CORRECT 206 file from sd card do it min of twice.if still fails let it try to reboot..shouldnt function.. select recovery factory reset clear cache and reattempt.

Boots fine. That's what I don't understand. I should have a soft brick on my hands. This is whats been happening since I tried to update. I have downloaded all the different pieces directly from the OP links. I'm at a loss. All I know is that the initial 1.60 utility seems to be giving more errors than the first time I used it to get out of my original soft brick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users