Photo

[Script/Utility] ROOT RAZR HD XT926 For LOCKED Devices On 9.18.79

Root fix root exploit Droid Razr HD Root Locked Bootloader root exploit root 9.18.79 root 9.20.1 utility

• Please log in to reply
628 replies to this topic

#481 jerry94513

jerry94513

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

4.31KB   57 downloads Followed instruction because I have the exact phone and version you mention at beginning of thread. Ran the run.bat file didn't work copied two files from my phone to the sub folder system in motochopper 1.3 for xt926 re ran run .bat now phone rooted here are the two files in zip for I added make_ext4fs and mount_ext4.sh hope this helps. Always back up don't forget to turn on USB debugging and good luck

#482 jerry94513

jerry94513

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

4.31KB   57 downloads Followed instruction because I have the exact phone and version you mention at beginning of thread. Ran the run.bat file didn't work copied two files from my phone to the sub folder system in motochopper 1.3 for xt926 re ran run .bat now phone rooted here are the two files in zip for I added make_ext4fs and mount_ext4.sh hope this helps. Always back up don't forget to turn on USB debugging and good luck

#483 jerry94513

jerry94513

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Run the motochopper 1.3 xt926 utility but add make_ext4fs and mount_ext4.sh to the sub folder system in motochopper 1.3 xt926 utility it will root your phone no downgrading needed here in zip file are the two files 

4.31KB   33 downloads good luck always back up

#484 jerry94513

jerry94513

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Run the motochopper 1.3 xt926 utility but add make_ext4fs and mount_ext4.sh to the sub folder system in motochopper 1.3 xt926 utility it will root your phone no downgrading needed here in zip file are the two files 

4.31KB   33 downloads good luck always back up

#485 stiwrx

stiwrx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:12 AM

no matter what it will not root. su Binary out of date.

#486 Jack_Mai

Jack_Mai

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCHINA

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

I was on such a roll unlocking my bootloader and rooting the 9.18.79 OTA that I didn't realize I might be going off-topic with these twrp questions.  I will continue my twrp inquiries in

thread prior to installation.

Many thanks!

#487 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

Not to be thebearer of bad news but, You won't be unlocking if you are on the update.

Sent from my Dev S4

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#488 icefloe01

icefloe01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR Maxx HD XT926

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

Okay, according to the ##program menu I have root, but I also have some interesting weirdness. This is a Razr Maxx HD 9.18.79 so, very sadly, no custom ROMs for me.  Now, before I found this thread I found a different one using a different motochopper. Being over-excited and jumping the gun I tried it twice and it failed twice before coming back and seeing the notice it wasn't for what I own. Dag-nabbit.  Then I found this thread.  So I updated my Moto Device Manager, got the 1.3 version of motochopper, ran it and it said everything worked. Checked the program menu and it it said root. WOO HOO!! I was then able to to use both Angry Birds backup and Titanium backup. I also used a cygwin script to backup both sdcard0 and sdcard1. Interesting point #1: before using Titanium I used Angry Birds Backup to restore scores from an old phone. It only partially worked as only some of the scores came back in. That's when I said screw it and used Titanium to backup everything and also ran the cygwin script. At that point I wiped sdcard1 and factory reset my phone and chose yes to wipe data. I then used Titanium to restore everything. This is when i noticed that all my Angry Birds scores fully restored. Strange. End of interesting point #1.  Interesting point #2: I sent a link to this forum to my co-worker who has the exact same phone, same release. He did his last night. He brought it in and asked "What's this SuperSU app?" I said "What?!" My phone never got this app. I thought at first I didn't see it because I'm running Nova Launcher so I backed out of it and I still don't have the SuperSU app.  What the heck did I hose up?  Could it be result of trying the other motochopper first?  Do I need to reverse something and start from scratch or can I just download the free version of chainfire's SuperSU from the Play store?  What does SuperSU do for my phone?  Thank you in advance for any and all help/advice!!! Oh, unrelated weirdness: I had to uninstall and re-install both Facebook and Twitter because something about the way they were re-installed through Titanium Backup hosed up the notification system for those apps.

Thanks again,

Eric

#489 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:48 AM

Su is the app that grants root privelages to root apps. If you used titanium it asked for permissions meaning you must have it. If you didn't have it titanium would not have worked.

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#490 icefloe01

icefloe01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:58 AM

Titanium did request SU and I granted it. But for some reason the SuperSU apk was never installed for some odd reason. Does this mean there is a possibility that something is hosed and I need to redo from scratch or should I just forge onward and install busybox and SuperSU and act like nothing happened?

#491 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

If you where able to grant su I wouldn't worry about it and continue on.

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#492 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

So not all the ROM's have an icon for the SU app they may be using as many of the devs are baking it into the rom itself in which case you find it in Phone Settings.

#493 icefloe01

icefloe01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

@shane1 Okay, so I'm just gonna carry on with things downloaded SuperSU from Play so it can manage future requests. What is Busybox and if I need it which one should I get from the Play store or elsewhere?

@cmh714 What was weird with my experience is that my friend has the exact same phone as I do and using the exact same process he received the SuperSU app while I did not. Hence my suspicion that I screwed something up.

#494 b_waxson

b_waxson

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

A billion thanks to tucstwo and SamuriHL for Motochopper, this thread, and the continued devotion to helping poor saps like me that can't take time away from our "other" (i.e. paid) programming jobs to learn all of the low-level intricacies of Android, and thus be able to pull of stunts like this.

Just got a might-as-well-be-new Razr HD Maxx off eBay so that I could keep my grandfathered unlimited data plan with Verizon. It's my first Android phone, so the last couple of weeks have been spent educating myself about, well, everything. Unfortunately the phone had already been OTA updated to 9.20.1, so no unlocking for me. To tell the truth, I'd probably just stick with the stock ROM anyway, but I from what I understand my backup options are now limited. Any suggestions on the best course of action would be welcome.

Anyway, I followed the instruction in the OP, and damned if I didn't get root right off the bat. YAHOO! Now I just have to settle on a tethering app (again, suggestions welcome).

So, thanks again, guys! After reading this entire thread (and about 20 others), it's clear you boys really have your act together. 

- Bob

P.S. tucstwo, you might want to consider updating the OP. This line:

WARNING: This ONLY works for the XT926 on 9.18.79.  DO NOT use it on any other device or version!!

isn't true anymore now that motochopper_1.3_xt926 is out, and even though I read through this entire thread and saw posts saying it would work on 9.20.1 I was REALLY scared to try it out because the OP was modified to point to Motochopper 1.3 and yet still had this warning. Just a suggestion.

THANKS AGAIN!

#495 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

Well, it is true because 20.1 is 79.  It just shows up different in the about screen.  You won't find a 20.1 FXZ, for example, but you will find a 79 FXZ.  And if you flash it you might even see 20.1 in the about screen when it's done.  Until you root it.  ;)

Non potest esse nisi unus

#496 icefloe01

icefloe01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

Now I just have to settle on a tethering app (again, suggestions welcome).

• shane1 likes this

#497 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

Why not just do the entitlement hack and use the stock one?

Sent From My DEV X

• shane1 likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#498 icefloe01

icefloe01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

Why not just do the entitlement hack and use the stock one?

Sent From My DEV X

Off to google "entitlement hack".

#499 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

It's on this site

Sent From My DEV X

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#500 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

Sent From My DEV X

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Root fix, root exploit, Droid Razr HD, Root, Locked Bootloader, root, exploit, root 9.18.79, root 9.20.1, utility

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users