Photo

[Script/Utility] ROOT RAZR HD XT926 For LOCKED Devices On 9.18.79

Root fix root exploit Droid Razr HD Root Locked Bootloader root exploit root 9.18.79 root 9.20.1 utility

• Please log in to reply
628 replies to this topic

#461 imnova12

imnova12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:49 AM

Thank SamuriHL, I change USP port and USP cable and it was successful

• SamuriHL and livinginkaos like this

#462 llewis13

llewis13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

i just got a razr maxx hd as a replacement phone from verizon which had 4.1.2 and 9.20.1.

i installed the most recent drivers. downloaded the motochopper1.3. ran run.bat. plugged my phone in to my computer via USB. hit enter and 2 minutes later...BOOM. ROOTED. AMAZING JOB by the devs on here! Thanks so much!

#463 imnova12

imnova12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

any one know how to unlock bootloader of this version? I want to update rom but the lock bootloader deny it.

#464 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:09 AM

Let's consult the first post in the thread about that.....hey OP, can they unlock?

QUESTION: I'm on blah blah blah release and want to unlock but it's been patched in my version.  Can I downgrade and unlock?

ANSWER: NO

• cmh714 and RikRong like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#465 tigeros

tigeros

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

thanks, it worked on my XT926!

grrr, but the phone I  bought from ebay has locked bl...

#466 slr2974

slr2974

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

Hiya, noob here.  Thanks for the root kit.  Looks like the install was a success on my XT926 (looking at the Kernel version), but question --  Before running the root kit I could ping my phone (when on wi-fi) from another PC, now I cannot.  I'm trying to use BBQscreen to share my screen but the PC-side app times out trying to communicate with my phone and I'm wondering if this is related to the root kit.  Any ideas on tweaks or something else I need to unlock so I can ping (and otherwise communicate with the phone) from other PCs on the network?  The phone is fine for outbound internet access via wi-fi or mobile data.  Thanks for any help...

UPDATE -- Not sure if it's related but when I was able to ping the phone before rooting, the phone had both wi-fi and mobile data turned on, but the wi-fi network I was using was standalone (no internet access).  Now I am using a different wi-fi network which does have internet access.   I just noticed that if I switch mobile data off for the phone, then I can suddenly ping the phone from the wi-fi network.  It will work for my purposes but I welcome any links to locations where I can learn  more about network security settings in Android...  Thx!

#467 rangerteam6

rangerteam6

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationYewtah
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

MANY thanks for developing this!  My previous Razr HD was stolen and when I got my replacement it'd already been updated and the bloatware was driving me CRAZY!  Thank you thank you thank you!  Worked perfectly!

• livinginkaos likes this

#468 bweN_diorD

bweN_diorD

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

im probably the only idiot having this problem, but i cant find the 9.18.79 file @ sbf dev. i used the "mr2" file and that didnt put me on it, also used the 98.1q.79 and that put me on 9.20.1. im at a loss, i used to be on 9.18.79 but i took the ota to get to it. i need the direct files to flash for something im working on.

thanks for any help.

#469 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

They are one in the same.  79 is 20.1.

• MahoVader likes this

#470 droidrazrjc

droidrazrjc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

Thank you! Painless and quick root for Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD (XT926) on 9.18.79.  Verizon Wireless 10/8/2013. Appreciate the work!

#471 MahoVader

MahoVader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Huge thanks to all responsible for this root method!!!!

A question though, TrendMicro thinks that the zip has a virus:  motochopper_1.3_xt926.zip\pwn

Identified as ANDROIDOS_ROOTRAZR.A

I know virus checkers occasionally don't like these root files, but pwn sounded suspicious. For you guys who know what's supposed to be in there, does that sound odd? Just wondering if your zip might have been compromised.

Thanks!

#472 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

LMAO!  No, it's fine.  It came directly from Dan.  But it's funny that they flagged it as an "OMGZ PONIES ROOT EXPLOIT!"  LOL

• MahoVader, johnthehillbilly and livinginkaos like this

#473 MahoVader

MahoVader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

LMAO!  No, it's fine.  It came directly from Dan.  But it's funny that they flagged it as an "OMGZ PONIES ROOT EXPLOIT!"  LOL

HA! That's what I figured! Just thought I'd better double check :) Thanks again, SamuriHL! Off to rooting land.

Edit:  WOOT, I'm back rooted baby. Thanks guys! That's much better :)

Really weird, newest version of Trend Micro Titanium absolutely doesn't like the pwn file. Had to disable antivirus to root. (In case anyone else has this issue)

• SamuriHL and livinginkaos like this

#474 bweN_diorD

bweN_diorD

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

They are one in the same.  79 is 20.1.

ok, tyvm

#475 pitkid

pitkid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

Noob here,
Currently trying to use this script to Root. Device has been camping on this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

For some (10-15 minutes) time now. IS this normal or did I break it?

Any help would be appreciated.
Also, I did check that this script was for my phone and all drivers are up to date.

#476 lucky51551

lucky51551

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razor Max hd

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

It says up top under stuff you need "SamuriHLs downgrade xml.zip
That's the script and the files which I packaged together

plz help me.i am fairly new.ive rooted 2 phones.but only because u guys are so great at this.i simply fallowed your steps..i could never do what these guys do..in fact i am stuck i lost root aftrer ota over the air update was on 9.18 now on 9.20 rzr maxx hd xt926 ..never been able to get it back..ive unlocked bootloader,,tht stuck at least..but really need root back..thn now i know about voodoo.ill use it..its not neer as simple as before..and i dont think i can do it..before it was simple motochopper uttlity..now im juast afraid its impossible for me..not good enough..can u if possible  give me a uttlity to flash tht will dop it all??its been rooted before..downgrade first thn root again..i waited a log while hopeing developers would do it again..but still todayu cant find anymore info on this 9.20 xt926 root..plz help

#477 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

plz help me.i am fairly new.ive rooted 2 phones.but only because u guys are so great at this.i simply fallowed your steps..i could never do what these guys do..in fact i am stuck i lost root aftrer ota over the air update was on 9.18 now on 9.20 rzr maxx hd xt926 ..never been able to get it back..ive unlocked bootloader,,tht stuck at least..but really need root back..thn now i know about voodoo.ill use it..its not neer as simple as before..and i dont think i can do it..before it was simple motochopper uttlity..now im juast afraid its impossible for me..not good enough..can u if possible  give me a uttlity to flash tht will dop it all??its been rooted before..downgrade first thn root again..i waited a log while hopeing developers would do it again..but still todayu cant find anymore info on this 9.20 xt926 root..plz help

If your bootloader is unlocked, you'll just need to flash a SU zip in recovery to gain root access and call it a day.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#478 smartjon

smartjon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx hd

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

for the people that would like to know, this works on 9.20.1  at least for me and i previously had an unlocked bootloader but no root.  any ideas on how to relock the bootloader for verizon stuff?

#479 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

Yes.  You don't.  Unlock is permanent.

#480 hdhuntr

hdhuntr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:29 AM

I am new here... I can't find a better place to say thank you and it worked like a charm! Thanks! D.

• livinginkaos and cmh714 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Root fix, root exploit, Droid Razr HD, Root, Locked Bootloader, root, exploit, root 9.18.79, root 9.20.1, utility

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users