Photo

[Script/Utility] ROOT RAZR HD XT926 For LOCKED Devices On 9.18.79

Root fix root exploit Droid Razr HD Root Locked Bootloader root exploit root 9.18.79 root 9.20.1 utility

• Please log in to reply
628 replies to this topic

#541 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,473 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

Post your about screen.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#542 eygraber

eygraber

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:15 AM

Post your about screen.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

120.63KB   15 downloads

#543 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,473 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:20 AM

That doesn't look right.  How are you flashing the boot img?  And what are the results?  Cause it's not updated.

#544 eygraber

eygraber

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

That doesn't look right.  How are you flashing the boot img?  And what are the results?  Cause it's not updated.

I do:
   adb reboot bootloader
   [after I'm in fastboot] fastboot flash boot boot.img - get a success message

fastboot reboot

#545 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,473 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:30 AM

Grab this:

And flash the boot img from that.  Something is definitely not right.

#546 eygraber

eygraber

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:49 AM

Grab this:

And flash the boot img from that.  Something is definitely not right.

This is the message I get when I flash:
    (bootloader) Variable not supported!

target reported max download size of 31457280 bytes
    sending 'boot' (10240 KB)...
    OKAY [  0.777s]
    writing 'boot'...
    OKAY [  4.003s]
    finished. total time: 4.781s

120.65KB   14 downloads

#547 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,473 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:50 AM

What fastboot exe are you using to flash?

#548 eygraber

eygraber

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:52 AM

Pretty sure it's the one that comes with the Android SDK (that's what's on my PATH). Should I use the one that comes with the utility?

#549 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,473 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:55 AM

Yes.  The SDK version isn't the right one.  The one that ships with the utility is made for snapdragon processors.

• eygraber likes this

#550 eygraber

eygraber

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:04 AM

Yes.  The SDK version isn't the right one.  The one that ships with the utility is made for snapdragon processors.

I didn't get the (bootloader) Variable not supported message this time. OTA verifier still fails with the boot assertion, and the About screen has all of the same info.

#551 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,473 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:06 AM

I don't know what to tell you.  That's all I got for advice.

#552 eygraber

eygraber

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:07 AM

I don't know what to tell you.  That's all I got for advice.

Oh well. I'll keep trying. Thanks for all the help!

#553 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,473 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:18 AM

The only other thing you could try is take that FXZ I linked and run your phone through the House Of Moto with it using the KEEP DATA script.  Then try your OTA checker thing before you reinstall root.

#554 jerry94513

jerry94513

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

Saturday morning I wake up and my xt926 is downloading a file and a see its an ota so when its finished I choose install later get the 12hr message and start researching the update I am one of Verizon's oldest longest customer. And to many times I have seen their pushes screw up phones. Sure enough I find many complaints from xt926 owners all saying pretty much the same thing that after the update many files sub folders etc are gone. So I decide to freeze the updater and leave well enough alone. My phone was running perfect it was rooted and doubled my xt926 battery life. Everything seem find was watching football my phone was two feet away laying on the end table black screen because I have timeout set at two minutes halfway through the first game of the day I hear a weird beeping and in shock realize its my xt926 I grab it and my homepage is showing and shouldn't be because I always lock the screen password protected. There is a weird icon in the tray as I start to check what it is a message pops up saying that the phone was updating and it should take no longer then 7 mins completely confused because I had frozen the updater plus for safety changed the ota extension to bad to always remind me not to install it. I had a bad feeling and when it booted up a message appears update failed try again later. The instantly over 100 system messages fill up my screen program not installed or missing file path etc etc does not exist reinstall from play store and my WiFi is off and no 4g status and the battery icon has a red circle with a slash going through it. I do the forced reset same thing when phone comes up try turning on WiFi in system setting but its gone also mobile data setting are gone. Since Motorola actually pushes the OTA's for Verizon I call their tech support and deal with a tech following a script 7 factory resets later he says oh your phone is only a month old it came with jb4.1.2 preinstalled I'm sorry you need to call Verizon and have them do a warranty replacement this is a known issue that a small percentage of the xt926 preloaded with jb4.1.2 losses almost 40% of the phones system files and all the MTN files there is no way to fix the phone because it can't connect to the network and if you try to connect to a PC it won't because all the files are gone for the usb port. So after a call that lasted for an hour I am patiently waiting for FedEx right now to bring me a new phone. So head this cautionary tale. I have to say that Verizon support and warranty dept went way beyond to make up for killing my phone the manager in warranty approved and said she would personally make sure my replacement xt926 is brand new not refurbished she was also going to include a new car charger a new microSD 32gig and an extra data/power USB cable so that made me somewhat happier. It goes to show you even when you do everything you can to insure your important data is backed up and emergency copy of the phones os and ROMs are on your PC so you can do a forced reinstall using the USB data connection doesn't do you any good if the phone can't mount the micro USB port. Thank you Verizon for reinforcing my belief that your OTA's are always going to cause some sort of problem.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

#555 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,473 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

#omgtucsaward

Um, I call bs on the claim that the phone couldn't be found in AP Fastboot mode.  Good job, vzw and Moto.  Idjits.  Your new phone will be unrootable unless it has an older version.

• tucstwo and livinginkaos like this

#556 jerry94513

jerry94513

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

My xt926 actually that was killed came with 9.18.79.Verizon.en.us was told replacement will be shipped with same. The new update will not be on phone that was recently pushed out last weekend. I used moto1.3 for xt926 added the files for ext4 mounting to moto1.3 sub dir system executed the run batch and my original xt926 preinstalled with jb4.1.2 9.18.79.Verizon.en.us became rooted shouldn't my replacement work the same? As far as the fb not seeing the phone after the update I actually understand why it happened but Motorola will never publicly admit it during manufacturing its become common practice to speed up production to create a ghost image of OS and for flash to stamp them to the devices this is giving flash back to late 90's and the high number of SunMicro unix servers I purchased for my companies 26 data centers around the country constantly crashed,froze up or mysteriously network drivers would just disappear Sun blamed the problem on everything else in the DC's not their servers we bought luckily my company wisely paid for the best SLA sun offered and didn't have to deal with tech support for no more then five minutes and my call was transfered to VP of operations calmly explained if only one or two units had problems I would spend the time and ot for my admin to get it fixed but when half of 300 servers we just bought are not working as far as I was concerned the problem was SunMicro problem and if I didn't get those units replaced with new working ones by ten the next morning I would place a freeze on all funds that where due and not release them until I had 300 properly working servers. 9am next 154 new servers arrived and they took back the broken ones two weeks later per our SLA SunMicro investigation report arrived that stated the problems with original order was discovered by our insistence that the problem was not related in anyway to our installation process. Manufacturing found small defect at one of four factory in the stamping process of the OS and all servers made at that factory where being recalled

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

#557 tekgnosis

tekgnosis

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

Hello kind Moto HD experts.

I made a SELF INFLICTED fubar by using the older method on the following device instead of using the new method:

XT926 9.20.1 from factory just received as 'upgrade' for my RMA xt912.

Instead of using the referenced 1.3_xt926 run method I mistakenly ran the DROID_RAZR_HD_Utility_1.34 batch file which, based on the first half of this thread, was the old 'downgrade, root, upgrade' method.

Anyway, I did the fastboot option #1 which did the following based on whatever versions were included in that file:

fastboot flash system system.img.ext4
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot -w
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2

This went in to a loop and I had to ctrl_c out.  It was attempting to flash each one over and over, but it must have done *something*...

Anyway, I'm stuck in fastboot.  I get 'not valid PIV block in SP for system', and attempting to use the 'factory' or 'recovery' options just dumps back to fastboot.

I've tried doing the recovery method I also found in that batch:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

which does succeed, but the fastboot error remains PIV block issue.

I've tried several which ways to get the stock ROM back on, and all have failed.  I'm hoping some kind soul could point me at how to manually use fastboot to recover the thing since RSD 6.1.4 and lastest moto drivers fails every time.

For reference, I'm using these with the 'get var' lines removed off of the

VZW_XT926_4.1.2_9.8.1Q_62_VQW_MR-4_VQW_CFC

RSD fails each time on usually the tz.mbn.  fastboot screen on phone says: preflashv alidation failed for tz.

Any help?  I'm thinking I'm not 'hard bricked' since fastboot is still responding, but I'm a little bummed that I can't figure out how to get it back to stock.  I normally can find my way around bootloaders. >.<

#558 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

Well, if you were on 9.20.1 you need to use this sbf file -

. The tz error indicates you are trying to flash backwards in security

Sent From My DEV X

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#559 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,473 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

You're flashing something that's below the version that's on your phone....hence the tz partition error.  You're in a world of hurt.

#560 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

Oooo I ninjas Sam today too! Calendar is getting full.....

Sent From My DEV X

• Memnoch73 likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Root fix, root exploit, Droid Razr HD, Root, Locked Bootloader, root, exploit, root 9.18.79, root 9.20.1, utility

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users