[Mod] Beats Audio (Flashable Zip) (6/27/2012)

music beats audio ics gingerbread dsp manager beats audio

• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#181 onemotodroid

onemotodroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Twitter:onemotodroid

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

installed 211, SS and eclipse

had to install all the files using the manual method

it worked after the first reboot

#182 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

Okay Hicks. I need to install bootstrap and I will try it. But I need to wait a few days till I install bootstrap.

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#183 fosser2

fosser2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

Do you have to have bootstrap/safestrap to use this?

#184 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

Do you have to have bootstrap/safestrap to use this?

No but you would have to put all the files in your phone manually and believe me, you do not want to have to do that lol.

#185 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

Ugh! Just tried the new flashable zip in the OP... still no beats audio control! I don't get it... I have tried the manual method, Alex.Abraham's utility, and now the flashable zip.... all to no avail... I can open the beatscontrol app but the settings do nothing to audio streamed on phone speaker, headphones, or my Bluetooth headphones (which would rock because the stock audio settings will not adjust for Bluetooth headphones) I am getting frustrated that others are profiting from this mod... I am stock rooted .211 with no bloat frozen... why can't I get this mod to work?

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#186 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

Ugh! Just tried the new flashable zip in the OP... still no beats audio control! I don't get it... I have tried the manual method, Alex.Abraham's utility, and now the flashable zip.... all to no avail... I can open the beatscontrol app but the settings do nothing to audio streamed on phone speaker, headphones, or my Bluetooth headphones (which would rock because the stock audio settings will not adjust for Bluetooth headphones) I am getting frustrated that others are profiting from this mod... I am stock rooted .211 with no bloat frozen... why can't I get this mod to work?

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

I wish I could figure it out man, I updated the OP for ROMs that this is comfirmed working on and Stock 211 has been confirmed to work.

#187 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

I wish I could figure it out man, I updated the OP for ROMs that this is comfirmed working on and Stock 211 has been confirmed to work.

Hicks, are you able to hear the difference with the beats app when you chance rje setting? If you do, what can I be doing wrong?

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#188 eugene802510

eugene802510

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

Running eclipse on. 211, safestrapped, it worked perfectly and the difference is outstanding! Thank you for your time and hard work!

#189 joshuaericjones

joshuaericjones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hicks, are you able to hear the difference with the beats app when you chance rje setting? If you do, what can I be doing wrong?

I had your problem too, I tried everything. Finally got it to work after wiping everything, formatting system, and fixing permissions
Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#190 fosser2

fosser2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

I can confirm that the new update is working on STOCK .211 (no safestrap/bootstrap) now. The contents of the zip changed and the app is new now. I manually pushed all the files and properly set permissions. I am now listening to my phone and the bass is blowing my mind!

#191 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:39 AM

I can confirm that the new update is working on STOCK .211 (no safestrap/bootstrap) now. The contents of the zip changed and the app is new now. I manually pushed all the files and properly set permissions. I am now listening to my phone and the bass is blowing my mind!

I'm still hearing no love. On Eclipse, used the flash/zip now in OP, twice. Wiped cache/dalvik both times. The app is not showing up in app drawer, and neither "beats" or DSP are making any difference to the sound at all. Any ideas on what to try next?

Should I be wiping cache/dalvik on both safe and non-safe side? This one has me stumped.

Proud father of a US Marine

#192 sankyou

sankyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:05 AM

I'm still hearing no love. On Eclipse, used the flash/zip now in OP, twice. Wiped cache/dalvik both times. The app is not showing up in app drawer, and neither "beats" or DSP are making any difference to the sound at all. Any ideas on what to try next?

This is similar to what I experienced as well. If you navigate to /system/apps - you will see both apks. When I try to install them - I get an error that the signatures do not match.

#193 damagickid

damagickid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

Just some feedback. Its not a big deal if i get this working or not. Just thought it would be cool to try out.

Im on Ikream Ics 6.16.2.11 Deodexed Rom V1.0 R3Ds

And nothing. The apps are in my system/app but it also wouldnt let me reinstall them.

#194 phatdaddyz01

phatdaddyz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

Just some feedback. Its not a big deal if i get this working or not. Just thought it would be cool to try out.

Im on Ikream Ics 6.16.2.11 Deodexed Rom V1.0 R3Ds

And nothing. The apps are in my system/app but it also wouldnt let me reinstall them.

Same here, same Rom. I see the app in the system app folder, but not the app drawer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#195 core720

core720

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:48 AM

dont edit build.prop????

ro.semc.xloud.supported=true
persist.service.xloud.enable=1

ro.service.swiqi.supported=true
persist.service.swiqi.enable=1

???

#196 captmilk

captmilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Captmilk
  • LocationErie, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

Worked great using Bootstrap....on Stock 211

#197 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

I am going to move files where they need to go rather than installing bootstrap right now. Where does META-INF folder go?

#198 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

Sort of related... I have no luck with either beats control or DSP manager 2.0 as far as modifying sound with settings... nuke those and try dsp manager 1.0 and boom the changes make a difference... I still can`t figure out why 1.0 works and the later version and beats control do no...

For me to run a test mind posting the 1.0 DSP Manager you used

#199 streetpounder

streetpounder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OH

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

For me to run a test mind posting the 1.0 DSP Manager you used

Yeah let me find a home for it... It works everytime on slacker radio, where neither 2.0 or Beats control will .... I`ve been going in circles through every method and several roms trying to figure out why...

#200 streetpounder

streetpounder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OH

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

Here you go Aixelsyd...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You may have to remove DSP2.0 or beats control to install it. but you can try installing it first. I`ve had it go both way depending on the rom I was on.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music, beats, audio, ics, gingerbread, dsp manager, beats audio

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users