Photo

[Theme] Bigdx Ics Theme - Now For Ota 6.12.181 - Experience Ice Cream Sandwich Early!

• Please log in to reply
487 replies to this topic

#301 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

so if I wanted to flash this over the bigdx bionic/razr theme how would I do this?

to my understanding he has made this as simple as possible. save file to sd-ext, reboot in bootstrap, choose the file and flash. all done, very simple :)
  • mgarney26 likes this

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#302 mgarney26

mgarney26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Twitter:mgarney26
  • Locationmobile alabama

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

to my understanding he has made this as simple as possible. save file to sd-ext, reboot in bootstrap, choose the file and flash. all done, very simple :)

thanks bro

#303 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

thanks bro

no problem! :)

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#304 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

Did you wipe before or after flashing?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Before

#305 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

If this is just a theme, why are we wiping? I just wanna say that this theme is insane. It's freaking awesome. I so want to try it. I don't have bootstrap installed yet. This is my concern: I can install bootstrap, I make a backup, install from zip and choose the theme and flash. Now, what happens when I want to flash a rom and not just a theme. I understand that as far as roms go, Safestrap is the way to go. And I know I need to uninstall Bootstrap to load Safestrap. This is where it gets tricky. I will need to flash my stock rooted backup before I remove Bootstrap. Then follow some steps to remove all traces of it. I have read though that some are softbricking when trying to flash stock rooted backup? Can anyone confirm? Now, after I'm back at stock root, I can flash Safestrap and a rom, yes?
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#306 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

You shouldn't have to wipe when apply a Theme. And, why can't we flash a Theme when using Safestrap???

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#307 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

If this is just a theme, why are we wiping? I just wanna say that this theme is insane. It's freaking awesome. I so want to try it. I don't have bootstrap installed yet. This is my concern: I can install bootstrap, I make a backup, install from zip and choose the theme and flash. Now, what happens when I want to flash a rom and not just a theme. I understand that as far as roms go, Safestrap is the way to go. And I know I need to uninstall Bootstrap to load Safestrap. This is where it gets tricky. I will need to flash my stock rooted backup before I remove Bootstrap. Then follow some steps to remove all traces of it. I have read though that some are softbricking when trying to flash stock rooted backup? Can anyone confirm? Now, after I'm back at stock root, I can flash Safestrap and a rom, yes?

Because I'm having settings.apk not showing up or working, as well as force closes in text messaging app and why not

#308 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

no wiping is necessary I suppose unless they were getting errors, in which case I have loaded multiple themes time and time again, no errors or problems that called for a wipe... so far.
as for loading this theme yes bootstrap with clockwork mod flashes the theme no problem. now with roms a factory reset and cache wipe are usually done before hand so your losing everything. safestrap you can dual boot 2 systems, I'm sure there is a way to keep your setup running gingerbread with the BigDX theme, and load a different rom. look in the forums..

Posted Image

#309 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

Ok....so frankrazr says no wipe, you say wipe..which one is it? I want to do this now, but I want to make sure I don't screw it up! Erp, were you able to flash your backup and start the process over again?

#310 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

Ok....so frankrazr says no wipe, you say wipe..which one is it? I want to do this now, but I want to make sure I don't screw it up! Erp, were you able to flash your backup and start the process over again?

u won't need to wipe any cache. all you will need is the file on your external sd card, bootstrap recovery with clockwork, and your set to be running BigDX.ICS.Odexed
you won't be wiping anything. just choose and flash. and your set.

Posted Image

#311 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

In all my flashing with the G1 & G2, I have never heard of having to wipe when applying a theme. The OP should verify if and why you would need to wipe for his Theme.

#312 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

I don't need to keep the theme before flashing a rom, I just really love this theme and want to rock until the ICS rom is ready. I just want to make sure my text messages will work or at least that I can flash my stock rooted backup.

#313 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

In all my flashing with the G1 & G2, I have never heard of having to wipe when applying a theme. The OP should verify if and why you would need to wipe for his Theme.

who said anything about wiping to load the theme?

Posted Image

#314 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

Andlaw, have you successfully flashed your backup with bootstrap after using this theme? Did your text work?

#315 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

I don't need to keep the theme before flashing a rom, I just really love this theme and want to rock until the ICS rom is ready. I just want to make sure my text messages will work or at least that I can flash my stock rooted backup.

yes, this is only a theme. if you want a ICS look alike, your in the right place. if you have Root Explorer, download the file of your choice, move to your sd-ext card, reboot in bootstrap, choose the file and flash. nothing will be lost, only the changes through the UI are made. you can flash back to stock at anytime, he even has those files available if needed.

Posted Image

#316 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:18 PM

Andlaw, have you successfully flashed your backup with bootstrap after using this theme? Did your text work?

yes, everything is functional. before and after. I did check default apps, no fcs... but I do not use the defaults on the reg, I use Go SMS.

Posted Image

#317 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

OK, noob question, my last, how do I boot into bootstrap recovery? From the app or do I power down and will power up into recovery?

#318 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

OK, noob question, my last, how do I boot into bootstrap recovery? From the app or do I power down and will power up into recovery

if you have bootstrap recovery for razr. when you open the app it will have two options. choose reboot recovery.
once your phone reboots it will load into Clockwork. just goto the zip file and choose to flash. tadaa, ez breezy :)

Posted Image

#319 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

This is what my phone is currently looking like. Full ICS experience!!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

#320 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

who said anything about wiping to load the theme?

Posts #292, 301, 302 & 310. But nevermind...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users