1018 replies to this topic

#881 cguy1213

cguy1213

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

Matt once you extract on desktop how do you run as admin? Sorry for noob question.

#882 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

Matt once you extract on desktop how do you run as admin? Sorry for noob question.

Right click and then select run as administrator

#883 cguy1213

cguy1213

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

Ok thanks alot!

#884 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

Ok thanks alot!

Anytime ;)

#885 bri-h

bri-h

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

I just used the Linux version 1.7 of the Utility and it worked great on my Razr. I couldn't get the .211 upgrade to work with any other method and the Linux version worked the first time. Thanks for putting that out there.

#886 AMDB9

AMDB9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

Had my Droid Razr Maxx rooted using the 1.6 utility. System upgrade to ICS became available so, through some trial and error, I reset the phone back to stock using the 1.6 util, successfully applied the ICS update and then I rooted my phone again with the 1.7 util, 4.0.4 method. Also installed OTA via the utility.

I've searched this topic and I can't seem to find it but... how do I unroot? The old 1.6 util had an Unroot option but that choice is missing in the 1.7 util. Don't mind using another program or needing to reset to stock, just want to know the procedure.

Thank you for all of your fine work and help. My phone would suck without you.

#887 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

Had my Droid Razr Maxx rooted using the 1.6 utility. System upgrade to ICS became available so, through some trial and error, I reset the phone back to stock using the 1.6 util, successfully applied the ICS update and then I rooted my phone again with the 1.7 util, 4.0.4 method. Also installed OTA via the utility.

I've searched this topic and I can't seem to find it but... how do I unroot? The old 1.6 util had an Unroot option but that choice is missing in the 1.7 util. Don't mind using another program or needing to reset to stock, just want to know the procedure.

Thank you for all of your fine work and help. My phone would suck without you.

Use voodoo, manually modify/delete the system files, or reflash 4.0.4

#888 dfishman

dfishman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

Running stock ICS, trying to re-root using Matt's latest 1.7......and I keep getting this error when run #3.
"the system can not find path specified"

What setting is off, I have checked so many times, I must be missing something simple.
Thanks,
D
  • Natedog likes this

#889 cguy1213

cguy1213

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

Running stock ICS, trying to re-root using Matt's latest 1.7......and I keep getting this error when run #3.
"the system can not find path specified"

What setting is off, I have checked so many times, I must be missing something simple.
Thanks,
D

I had this issue also, what worked for me was putting Matt's utility on my desktop, then extracting onto desktop. Once extracted you should get 3 items on your desktop, 1 folder files, 1folder drivers, and the other a shortcut icon that looks like some gears(running windows 7 64bit). I then double clicked on gears shortcut, it took about 5 seconds to startup then ran throught same process to pick your options. This time it found my device and root process went smoothly. Hope this helps. Oh other option you can do from previous post was to right click gears icon and select "run as administrator"
  • Natedog likes this

#890 dfishman

dfishman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

Thanks......that solved it in 5 minutes.
I owe you one!
D

#891 llewis13

llewis13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

so i did a factory reset of my refurb razr maxx, then did option 3 of matt's utility 1.7 and voila! matt, you are the effin man! thanks a ton to all those who replied and offered the idea of resetting!

these forums are a lifesaver.

#892 cguy1213

cguy1213

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

Thanks......that solved it in 5 minutes.
I owe you one!
D

No problem, just returning the help someone gave me.

#893 swiftd03

swiftd03

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Does anyone know how to fix the multiple device or emulator error when trying to root? I keep getting this no matter what settings I use.

#894 Stratty

Stratty

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

Hi all, i am hoping someone here can help me. I just updated my razr CDMA XT912 to ICS (OTA 6.16.211) and used the DroidRaxrUtility 1.7 (thanks mattlgroff!) to root and install safestrap 2.0. I am going through the motions of backing up and restoring but keep getting the error "error while restoring /systemorig!"

I dont feel confident to add a custom rom on my safe system until i know I can restore on my non-safe system.

Steps taken:
-reboot into recovery (safe system :disabled)
-create backup
-reboot
-make subtle changes to wallpaper and add a few apps
-reboot into recovery (safe system: disabled)
-restore for ext-sd
-locate back up made and confirm restore.

it checks the md5 sum and then begins to restore /systemorig and eventually fails.

#895 jrbxx7

jrbxx7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

Tried and tried with "waiting for device" only Did a factory reset and worked perfectly!! Thanks For the hard work!!
GOT KRACKFLASHING?

#896 ridgerunner665

ridgerunner665

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

OK...I'm getting ready to try this..wish me luck, LOL! I'm downloading the utility as I type this...but I'm gonna go over the instructions some more.

I've never rooted a phone, but I think I can do this...it can't be any worse than reformatting a computer...can it?

#897 Stratty

Stratty

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

Hi all, i am hoping someone here can help me. I just updated my razr CDMA XT912 to ICS (OTA 6.16.211) and used the DroidRaxrUtility 1.7 (thanks mattlgroff!) to root and install safestrap 2.0. I am going through the motions of backing up and restoring but keep getting the error "error while restoring /systemorig!"

I dont feel confident to add a custom rom on my safe system until i know I can restore on my non-safe system.

Steps taken:
-reboot into recovery (safe system :disabled)
-create backup
-reboot
-make subtle changes to wallpaper and add a few apps
-reboot into recovery (safe system: disabled)
-restore for ext-sd
-locate back up made and confirm restore.

it checks the md5 sum and then begins to restore /systemorig and eventually fails.

Update: Issue is finally resolved. I am hopign someoine can shed some light on what i may have done wrong so i dont repeat the issue in the future.

I had done a factory reset and still no dice on recovering using safestrap. I then booted into safe system and tried to install the Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip that Mattlgroff posted, but it would not load. I then fooloshly booted in the motorola bootloader and selected recovery. I then tried to install the Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip and could not. This unfortunately destroyed by non-safe system as well. /facepalm

So now i had a soft bricked phone and was able to use the utility, option 2, to get me back. Here is my question... is there any clear explanation on the difference between the zip file that matt posted vs. what zip file RSD could use to recover, vs. a rom that can be installed via safestrap?

thanks all!

#898 Stratty

Stratty

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

OK...I'm getting ready to try this..wish me luck, LOL! I'm downloading the utility as I type this...but I'm gonna go over the instructions some more.

I've never rooted a phone, but I think I can do this...it can't be any worse than reformatting a computer...can it?

good luck. batman has made this tool so user friendly that it would be more difficult for you to fail :-)

#899 ridgerunner665

ridgerunner665

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

It worked like a charm...took about 5 minutes.

Thank You Batman!

#900 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

Using utility 1.7 do I run option #2 to get back to full stock .211. I am on rooted 211 with safe strap and took the OTA ics. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users