Photo

Help, I accidentally deleted sdcard1 in rooted file manager. Now phone won't recognize any sdcards

sdcard1 sdcard razr m wont recognize

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 greggles1

greggles1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

Hi, i'm kind of new to this board.  But i need some major help.  

I accidentally deleted sdcard1 from a rooted file manager and it apparently made it so that the phone doesn't even know that a path to the sdcard ever existed.  I assume some code needs to be altered to fix this.

I already tried a factory reset, no luck.  So i tried flashing the stock rom(xt907 jb 4.1.2) which successfully flashed, and the phone is working,  BUT it still won't recognize the sdcard1 slot.  In addition, i was getting annoyng force closes originally... and i still am.  Neither the reset or the flash fixed this either.  How can that be???

So i'm stuck.  Does anyone have any input?  The scope of this problem is beyond my understanding or abilities.  I'm hoping one of the wizards on this forum can help.

Thanks.

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

Since you flashed a new ROM etc .... is the directory itself showing back up? ... does your computer see the sdcard when you plug in via USB? HD tappin' .... hillbilly style!!

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 greggles1

greggles1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

I forgot to mention, to compound the problem,  When i go to settings>storage, it also force closes every time.  And neither the f. reset nor the flash fixed this either.  I guess it's linked to the phone not being aware of a path to the sdcard, but i can't see any of the phones storage, not just the sdcard1.  So any remedy that involves settings>storage  won't work for this reason.  i thought i'd add that.  thanks.

#4 greggles1

greggles1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

In certain file managers there is an sdcard1, but it shows up whether there is a card inserted or not, and has the same properties and a size of 0.00gb with or without a card.  in some managers i can move files to the sdcard1 spot, but after i close the manager they vanish into the void and that directory is blank again when i open the f. manager to see.  ill check if my computer see it now

#5 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

Use root explorer, and manually create the directory.... then set permissions properly...... reboot into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik cache .... reboot see it that helps

HD tappin' .... hillbilly style!!

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#6 greggles1

greggles1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

I wonder if i inadvertantly altered my vold file when i deleted the sdcard1 directory

#7 greggles1

greggles1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

I'm in the middle of trying your advice, but sdcard1 shows up in most f. managers now, however when i click on it it gives me an error message that it cant access it.  when i set the permissions it doesn't give an error, but it immediately disregards my changes, the visible permissions dont change.  I booted into recovery but all i get is a sideways droid with an error triangle over him.  how do i wipe the dalvik and cache?  am i doing something wrong?  i booted by holding both volumes and power,  i go down to recovery, press up on volume, and i got that droid.  did i do something wrong?

#8 greggles1

greggles1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

and above, where i mentioned that maybe the vold file was altered, i was refering to fstab i think.  i mean where the scripts for accessing external memory(and sdcard0 which is actually internal on the razr) are located.  just to clear that up

#9 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

when you flash and wipe also add an internal wipe.

in a terminal, type "mount | grep sdcard" - you should have a mount point from /dev/block/blah.... to /storage/sdcard1 or something similar ( I have a 926)

#10 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

Did you try removing and inserting the SD card? Or replace it with another on. Might just need to remount.

#11 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

I'm in the middle of trying your advice, but sdcard1 shows up in most f. managers now, however when i click on it it gives me an error message that it cant access it.  when i set the permissions it doesn't give an error, but it immediately disregards my changes, the visible permissions dont change.  I booted into recovery but all i get is a sideways droid with an error triangle over him.  how do i wipe the dalvik and cache?  am i doing something wrong?  i booted by holding both volumes and power,  i go down to recovery, press up on volume, and i got that droid.  did i do something wrong?

That's the stock recovery screen.  When you get there, hold vol- and tap vol+ and you will go into the recovery menu.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#12 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

Sound like the sdcard could be corrupted. If you can't access what is on the card, you might look into an sdcard tool to recover the data. Whether you can or not, at some point you will need to reformat the card, or possibly replace it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

#13 DirtyDroidX

DirtyDroidX

The Enigma

• Superuser
  • 60 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
  • Current Device(s):Note 2, Note 8.0, Nexus 7

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:12 AM

If you want your SD card back or your internal memory back to normal do this,

Run a Linux distro
sudo apt-get install photorec
sudo photorec

This will allow you to recover anything on pretty much any drive even if it can't be recognized .

You can also use testdisk
sudo apt-get install tesrdisk
sudo testdisk

This has saved my rear end a few times.

DirtyDroidX

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#14 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M, Google Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

Anyone think it's possible he killed the symlink to /sdcard1? And if so, could he re-symlink it? That sounds to me like the most likely problem

#15 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M, Google Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

And since tapatalk hangs when trying to edit a post...
*the symlink from /sdcard1

Unless it's a mountpoint. In which case remounting it should do the trick

#16 DirtyDroidX

DirtyDroidX

The Enigma

• Superuser
  • 60 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
  • Current Device(s):Note 2, Note 8.0, Nexus 7

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

And since tapatalk hangs when trying to edit a post...
*the symlink from /sdcard1

Unless it's a mountpoint. In which case remounting it should do the trick

If it's not showing up no.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sdcard1, sdcard, razr m, wont recognize

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users