Photo

[ROM][4.4.4][KitKat][MSM8960 Unified] KitStalk 4.4.4.075

xt907 razr m scorpion mini kit kat 4.4 moto msm8960 4.4.4 kitkat unified moto_msm8960

• Please log in to reply
2288 replies to this topic

#2201 grinz2much

grinz2much

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationGilroy California
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:40 PM

Maybe I'll give it a try. Was going to hold off for one more release.

#2202 zeeryan

zeeryan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR hd

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:17 PM

Maybe I'll give it a try. Was going to hold off for one more release.

I would. I did not have any of the issues some others were reporting. I did a complete wipe and install. To put it in technical terms they took the core of kitstalk and added some serious, secret mojokitcho juice to make it fly like the Enterprise at warp or Millennium Falcon from an imperial battle cruiser.
  • Slickademo and topshot17 like this

#2203 grinz2much

grinz2much

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:43 AM

I gave it a try. The first thing I noticed was the clock/weather app - which I have no idea where it came from - but it's the one on the lock screen - keeps crashing. So - first impression - needs more work. Maybe I did something wrong - maybe my expectations are too high.

One expectation - doing a wipe and clean install every time I want to try a rom is not something I'm willing to do. Seems to me that the upgrade needs to be smarter migrating from kit to bliss. I should be able to just flash the rom and have it just work, more or less.

#2204 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:49 AM

grinz2much, on 29 Oct 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:
grinz2much, on 29 Oct 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

I gave it a try. The first thing I noticed was the clock/weather app - which I have no idea where it came from - but it's the one on the lock screen - keeps crashing. So - first impression - needs more work. Maybe I did something wrong - maybe my expectations are too high.

One expectation - doing a wipe and clean install every time I want to try a rom is not something I'm willing to do. Seems to me that the upgrade needs to be smarter migrating from kit to bliss. I should be able to just flash the rom and have it just work, more or less.

Once again, your "expectations" are a little high. Minor updates, ie. KitStalk-->KitStalk updates, you would be okay dirty flashing. When you have a major update, as BlissStalk appears it is, you need to start over. I mean, you wiped when you came to 'Stalk in the first place, right? There is no "smarter" way to update or flash new ROMs. A major update or different ROMs change major things, things that could cause issues if you don't flash clean. Once again, you need to research how updates work. I'm not trying to be a jerk about this, but you need to be a little more reasonable...You treat this like it's a product you were forced to use and forced to pay for. These guys do this as a hobby, releasing ROMs as a courtesy to us (the end-users). If you don't like something, don't use it, or better yet, learn how to build ROMs yourself and fix it. /rant
  • mrlolli, nprevette420, jl90 and 5 others like this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#2205 slogar25

slogar25

• Superuser
  • 43 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:41 AM

Ya that's kind of like peeling an orange and expecting it to taste like an apple.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

• nprevette420 and RikRong like this
Motorola Droid Razr M

#2206 grinz2much

grinz2much

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:43 AM

Yes - I understand "that's the way it is". I'm just saying the the way it is needs to be fixed. I can update my Linux kernel without having to reinstall everything.

#2207 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:14 AM

Yes - I understand "that's the way it is". I'm just saying the the way it is needs to be fixed. I can update my Linux kernel without having to reinstall everything.

Updating a kernel is not updating the firmware. I can install kernels all day long, without ever touching my OS. The different OS's and updates are the issue. You're a programmer, I figured you would understand better than anyone on here. The coding side is foreign territory to me, so I shouldn't be the one arguing with a progammer about how things "should work." AROMA (look it up on XDA) installation does make things easier when installing new ROMs, but it's still not perfect. If you want things to be "better" take this ROM (with the dev's permission of course), put it into an AROMA package, and give it to the dev. All I see is compalining, with no solution.

All in good fun though; arguing with a programmer is like arguing with an engineer. You'll bash your head into the wall and still be back at square one. ;)
  • Noigel and nprevette420 like this

#2208 moroshek

moroshek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:27 PM

Dude, I'm no expert, but you are such a noob. First 10 posts about Titanium Backup and now this. It's like pissing into the wind and then saying "You know, it shouldn't be this way. I shouldn't have to get piss all over me when I piss into the wind." Well sorry, that's just how it works.

#2209 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:54 PM

Dude, I'm no expert, but you are such a noob. First 10 posts about Titanium Backup and now this. It's like pissing into the wind and then saying "You know, it shouldn't be this way. I shouldn't have to get piss all over me when I piss into the wind." Well sorry, that's just how it works.

Man, try to keep it civil. I know I've argued quite a bit, but I've tried my best not to make it personal. Be easy...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

• bigjailerman likes this

#2210 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:02 PM

Stupid Tapa...

Stupid Tapa...

Stupid Tapa...

Now don't get so excited LOLOL.  Couldn't have planned that one any better lol.

• RikRong likes this

#2211 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:47 AM

Updated SuperSU in OP to v2.16 and Xposed GEL Settings to v2.1.3

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#2212 grinz2much

grinz2much

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:57 AM

Guys ......

Just because I make a suggestion doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the work that's going on. So don't get all bent out of shape over a few negative comments. That's just suggestions to make the product better. And if I'm wrong - ignore me.

#2213 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:13 AM

Updated SuperSU in OP to v2.16 and Xposed GEL Settings to v2.1.3

But why? Chainfire just updated to 2.17 :)

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#2214 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:44 AM

But why? Chainfire just updated to 2.17 :)

Haha, I checked before I uploaded and it was 2.16. I'll get the new version when I get home.

#2215 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

Haha, I checked before I uploaded and it was 2.16. I'll get the new version when I get home.

Ha, well, he's listed it as Beta for now, so you're probably ok until your next run.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#2216 grinz2much

grinz2much

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:16 PM

So - I have BlissStalk installed and it seems to work except for the known Netflix bug which is mo longer fixable with the Xposed module. So I'll assume that this will be fixed.

My first attempt today was wiping everything and doing a clean install. I used the Bliss GApps and it didn't work. Some install script crashed and it got to where it wouldn't boot. I think clean wiped again and used an old 4.4.4 GApps that I've been using for some time and that worked.

The boot animation is nice. Far better than the latest KitStalk. And I like the option to get upgrades from the settings, which didn't work, but I know it's coming.

Bottom line - Good Job!

#2217 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:01 PM

So - I have BlissStalk installed and it seems to work except for the known Netflix bug which is mo longer fixable with the Xposed module. So I'll assume that this will be fixed.

My first attempt today was wiping everything and doing a clean install. I used the Bliss GApps and it didn't work. Some install script crashed and it got to where it wouldn't boot. I think clean wiped again and used an old 4.4.4 GApps that I've been using for some time and that worked.

The boot animation is nice. Far better than the latest KitStalk. And I like the option to get upgrades from the settings, which didn't work, but I know it's coming.

Bottom line - Good Job!

Netflix is working fine for me with the xposed module. Also it is known that the bliss gapps don't work with our phone bit PAgapps and slim gapps seem to work fine.

#2218 grinz2much

grinz2much

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:39 PM

Can you post a link to the Netflix Xposed module that works? Maybe I have one not compativle?

#2219 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:48 PM

Can you post a link to the Netflix Xposed module that works? Maybe I have one not compativle?

There is only one version of it.....

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2220 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:26 PM

2.17 is in beta until sometime next week.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xt907, razr m, scorpion mini, kit kat, 4.4, moto msm8960, 4.4.4, kitkat, unified, moto_msm8960

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users