Photo

[ROM][4.4.4][KitKat][MSM8960 Unified] KitStalk 4.4.4.075

xt907 razr m scorpion mini kit kat 4.4 moto msm8960 4.4.4 kitkat unified moto_msm8960

• Please log in to reply
2288 replies to this topic

#2261 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 29 November 2014 - 08:17 AM

Updated posted, JBBL and KKBL

Changelog

- Under the hood updates

Newest SuperSU is in the SuperSU folder, forgot to update that in the ROM.

• moroshek and maochen like this

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#2262 Traipse

Traipse

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:10 PM

I had tried CM12 and BlissPop on my xt926, had cellular radio disappearance and multiple other issues with both, though I liked BlissPop when it was working. Tried flashing a couple other KK ROMs and was never able to get them to load properly (possibly my fault).

Was about to give up and just go with Stock KK, but then I tried this as a last ditch since I saw it was still being updated. SOOOO happy I did. Great ROM in all respects. No issues whatsoever. Waiting to see how battery life turns out, but based on the experience so far I have high hopes.

This ROM has way more customization options built-in than I really need. I'm not a heavy customizer, mainly need a phone that does what I want, when I want, no irritations. KitStalk delivers. Thanks very much to nprevette420 for keeping this alive.

• moroshek likes this

#2263 moroshek

moroshek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:46 PM

I completely agree. I'm kind of a crack flasher, love updating every night. However, I've been content to just stay on Kitstalk 4.4.4 patiently until Lollipop gets figured out more stably. For me it's personally kind of an evergreen ROM at this point in time. Really loving where it's at.

#2264 topshot17

topshot17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):XT907

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

I just flashed back from blisstalk, love the new updates. This is still my favorite rom. Love the "you killed it, not me". That was funny.
  • bigjailerman likes this

#2265 themrgoats

themrgoats

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:12 AM

Can anyone upload and send me a link to a legacy kitstalk jbbl build like 0050 please?

#2266 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

Can anyone upload and send me a link to a legacy kitstalk jbbl build like 0050 please?

Links are still good on the kitstalk thread

#2267 themrgoats

themrgoats

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:09 PM

Links are still good on the kitstalk thread

i know i just want an older version. The latest one lost a couple features i use. I was hoping someone had like a 0060 version they could upload. I stupidly deleted mine.

#2268 pistacio

pistacio

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Locationsoutheast MA
  • Current Device(s):XT926 Razr Maxx HD, Xoom, Nexus 7 (car install)

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:01 PM

i know i just want an older version. The latest one lost a couple features i use. I was hoping someone had like a 0060 version they could upload. I stupidly deleted mine.

I have version 4.4.4.065 (just before latest version) XT926 JBBL. I'm still running it and have it on my SD card. I also had problems with latest version (particularly, profiles settings didn't work).

if it's not available elsewhere, and with @nprevette420 permission, I could upload to Google Drive for you...

#2269 themrgoats

themrgoats

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:54 PM

I have version 4.4.4.065 (just before latest version) XT926 JBBL. I'm still running it and have it on my SD card. I also had problems with latest version (particularly, profiles settings didn't work).

if it's not available elsewhere, and with @nprevette420 permission, I could upload to Google Drive for you...

Man i would greatly appreciate that!

#2270 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:49 AM

Upload it

#2271 pistacio

pistacio

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Locationsoutheast MA
  • Current Device(s):XT926 Razr Maxx HD, Xoom, Nexus 7 (car install)

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:34 PM

Man i would greatly appreciate that!

PM sent.

Upload it

Thanks.

#2272 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:51 PM

PM sent.

Thanks.

Heck post it on here if you want.... Or i can add it to the OP. Pm me the link.
  • xKroniK13x likes this

#2273 themrgoats

themrgoats

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:14 AM

that's the version i was hoping for. Thanks pistachio and nprevette!

#2274 sergeyc

sergeyc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Current Device(s):Motorola XT925

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:25 AM

You don't have this....?
attachicon.gif

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

That could work too... :)

TWRP shows that my current file system is f2fs, however you said that I need to change it to ext4 - why? Would I need to change it back before doing the restore to the backed up stock KK?

Did the format, rebooted recovery, did the normal wipes, flashed rom, gapps and SU. Rebooted system and it's just sitting on the boot animation....AND THEN.......wait for it.......it finally got to the setup for a change! sweetness! Thanks guys!

How long approximately did you have to wait?

Now I have just flashed BlissPop-v1.6-moto_msm8960-Official-20150107-0359.zip and it is sitting in boot animation stage for about 10 minutes - before I tried CM12 with similar results - then I waited for 30 minutes!

Though then I didn't know about the format - I just did factory reset before flashing. Now I did the format...

Thanks!!!

#2275 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:47 AM

TWRP shows that my current file system is f2fs, however you said that I need to change it to ext4 - why? Would I need to change it back before doing the restore to the backed up stock KK?

File system is always ext4. One should never have to change the file system to a different format. If one does expect bootloop or even loop on splash screen because kernel will not recognize the format. The data partition however is supported for both ext4 and f2fs. That can be changed without issues, but there are still some issues on loading source builds when data partition is set to f2fs. Thats is WHY.,...

Sent from my VS980 4G

• nprevette420, spainter and sergeyc like this

new_animated_sig.gif

#2276 sergeyc

sergeyc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:57 AM

File system is always ext4. One should never have to change the file system to a different format. If one does expect bootloop or even loop on splash screen because kernel will not recognize the format. The data partition however is supported for both ext4 and f2fs. That can be changed without issues, but there are still some issues on loading source builds when data partition is set to f2fs. Thats is WHY.,...

Sent from my VS980 4G

Thanks!

Just to confirm, if I change /data FS to ext4, I would still be able to restore from the backups that were created while /data was formatted as F2FS, correct?

#2277 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:42 PM

Thanks!

Just to confirm, if I change /data FS to ext4, I would still be able to restore from the backups that were created while /data was formatted as F2FS, correct?

Should be fine because of how the source is.

#2278 sergeyc

sergeyc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

Hi, today something really weird happened

To better explain it, I'll give more details as to what I have done yesterday

How long approximately did you have to wait?

Now I have just flashed BlissPop-v1.6-moto_msm8960-Official-20150107-0359.zip and it is sitting in boot animation stage for about 10 minutes - before I tried CM12 with similar results - then I waited for 30 minutes!

Though then I didn't know about the format - I just did factory reset before flashing. Now I did the format...

Thanks!!!

1)I had 2 backups of my current stock KK on the internal storage and 1 on the SD, the latest from the internal storage I also copied to the desktop

2)I reboot to TWRP

3)Formated /data partition

4)performed wipe

5)installed BlissPop-v1.6-moto_msm8960-Official-20150107-0359.zip and GApps

6)after it hang for 10 minutes in the bootloader, I went back to TWRP, discovered that my backups on the external storage were gone

7)restored to the backup on the SD

8) connected the device via MTP and copied the latest backup I saved to SD

9) restored from it successfully (the final status was success and I did not check the progress)

10)  everything was fine, root access still intact

After reading 

Sent from my VS980 4G

I tried to repeat the exercise

1)reboot to TWRP

2)reformatted /data to ext4

3)performed wipe

4)started installing BlissPop-v1.6-moto_msm8960-Official-20150107-0359.zip - the same one I installed yesterday without any issues - TWRP gave me md5 mismatch error - note, I haven't touched the zip and .md5sum after

5)I went to restore and started to restore from my latest backup (the one I copied to the desktop)

5.1)TWRP gave a warning that /data was backed up as f2fs and not ext4

5.2)the backup was done with compression, so when progress showed 150%, I blamed on it, there were no errors in the console, but the final code was 'failed' - I blamed it on the warning, so

6)I reformatted /data back to f2fs

7)restored from the same image again, I got no warning this time, but 5.2 was repeated - 150% progress and fail status - this time I thought that TWRP does not quite know how to estimate the progress of compressed restores

8)booted system - everything seemed fine from the first sight, BUT I have lost root access - su binary disappeared.

How is that possible?

Could something have gone wrong with TWRP during the ext4 formatting, that it lost the capability of calculating md5 sums and restoring properly? 

What partition would the su binary reside in? I was quite sure it should be system. 

Does TWRP 2.8.3.0 for unified msm8960 (I have xt925) KKBL calculate the progress of compressed restores correctly?

Is it safe to touch the backup images (copy them back and forth via MTP)?

In your opinion, should I just re-flash superSU or I also need to re-flash TWRP itself?

Thanks a lot! Any advice is highly appreciated! Please help!

===========

Update: just connected to the PC and compared the files to those I downloaded yesterday, BlissPop-v1.6-moto_msm8960-Official-20150107-0359.zip.md5sum and gapps were corrupt... even though the size was the same.

Also on my sd card I had an image of superSU - I do remember having it there, now its gone...

Misterious... :(

===========

Tried flashing superSu - TWRP reported success, but still no root :(

===========

Looks like all the system* files were corrupt, at the same time size matches exactly... Strange...

Could it be TWRP who corrupted them or something else?

===========

After re-copying my backup from the desktop and restoring everything works. So everything seemed to be due to the corruption, Which was probably NOT caused by TWRP...

BTW, after fixing the backed up files, the progress worked like charm!

Edited by sergeyc, 19 January 2015 - 04:24 AM.

#2279 sergeyc

sergeyc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:30 AM

Sent from my VS980 4G

Tried flashing BlissPop-v1.6-moto_msm8960-Official-20150107-0359.zip after reformatting /data to ext4, still hang on boot animation (this time I waited for 25 minutes).

I did the following:

1. reboot to TWRP
  2. reformat /data as ext4
  3. perform wipe (factory reset) - double-checked, /data was still ext4
  4. flashed blissPop and GApps in the same queue - no errors
  5. boot system - hang

What else could be causing this issue? my /system and /cache are ext4...

Should I flash GApps in the same queue as OS or should I rather boot just after flashing the bare OS and flash GApps later?

#2280 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:57 AM

Tried flashing BlissPop-v1.6-moto_msm8960-Official-20150107-0359.zip after reformatting /data to ext4, still hang on boot animation (this time I waited for 25 minutes).
I did the following:

• reboot to TWRP
  • reformat /data as ext4
  • perform wipe (factory reset) - double-checked, /data was still ext4
  • flashed blissPop and GApps in the same queue - no errors
  • boot system - hang
What else could be causing this issue? my /system and /cache are ext4...

Should I flash GApps in the same queue as OS or should I rather boot just after flashing the bare OS and flash GApps later?

I have had the issue once with no ROMs booting. Go in to the Wipe Data menu and instead of choosing factory reset, wipe EVERYTHING but SD Card. Internal storage, data, system, both caches. All of it. Then flash your ROM/Gapps, same queue is fine.

Sent from my RAZR M on BlissPop Lollipop 5.0.2 from Tapatalk

• sergeyc likes this
Moto X 2014 Pure Edition Unlocked on Pure Rooted 5.1
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Some ROM
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3 Unofficial/Stable

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xt907, razr m, scorpion mini, kit kat, 4.4, moto msm8960, 4.4.4, kitkat, unified, moto_msm8960

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users