Photo

[ROM][4.4.4][KitKat][MSM8960 Unified] KitStalk 4.4.4.075

xt907 razr m scorpion mini kit kat 4.4 moto msm8960 4.4.4 kitkat unified moto_msm8960

• Please log in to reply
2288 replies to this topic

#1281 Techn9ne1730

Techn9ne1730

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:38 AM

I have no issues with WiFi. Only differance is I use a different GApps package. Get the PA Gapps MICRO from the OP. It is a liitle bigger than SLims but its more updated. The Micro is only 88MB compared to stock is around 250MB. Try another clean flash with those GApps and let me know if you get any better results.Also just to clarify, you are on TWRP 2.7.1.0?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing but see no reason gapps can make a difference to WiFi. WiFi should be all rom related. That said I was already planning to test pa gapps(not micro) just to see.

#1282 Techn9ne1730

Techn9ne1730

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:39 AM

Double post oops

#1283 Techn9ne1730

Techn9ne1730

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:51 AM

Triple post

#1284 randysw

randysw

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationJamaica
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR M XT-907

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:39 AM

Triple post

Quadra post next? Maybe Pentapost (or pentakill? ;D) Just Kidding XD

Been using 07-01 for about a day now, and noticed certain programs crash when you try to do specific things. Two Ive noticed so far is it always crashed when I try to load music from a folder in sensor music player and when I try to upload pictures to facebook using the stock gallery. Other than that theres no prob. Checked the 2 programs in stock 4.2.2 and those functions worked fine. Its not a big deal, just poiting it out, and wondering if anyone else experienced any crashes like this. I dont have a wifi problem per se, but about every 2 minutes it drops the wifi connection and picks it back up, not sure if thats a bug. Otherwise, absolutely flawless, curious to see whats coming on the next update!

Motorola Droid RAZR M XT-907 running Kitstalk 4.4.4 ROM

#1285 gregevans

gregevans

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:57 AM

Is Bluetooth working yet on the 7-01 build?  I use BT a lot, so I'm sticking with the old BL/6-21 build until that's fixed.

#1286 dark-blue

dark-blue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

yeay.... finally on KK bootloader and on latest kitstalk rom...

report:

gps seems working just good, audio and calling seems good...

but, i dont know why, my wifi sometimes error.

it off by itself, and when im turn in on, it woun't...

i have to reboot to make it able to on again...

and the sms tones keeps disappearing everytime i reboot...

so i have to set it up again and again...

#1287 eclipse00

eclipse00

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPDX
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

Is Bluetooth working yet on the 7-01 build?  I use BT a lot, so I'm sticking with the old BL/6-21 build until that's fixed.

I believe BT Audio is broken in all CM 444 based roms at the moment. This is a problem that I have seen creep up on lots of versions over the years. I could be wrong about the catch all statement but I can confirm the BT Audio is NOT working on this build at the moment.

• nprevette420 likes this
Phone: Droid Turbo (XT1254)
Bootloader: Locked :-(

#1288 gregevans

gregevans

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

ok, thanks!

#1289 drueter

drueter

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

I've assembled some more information about the bootloader for the Razr M (and other MSM8960  phones).  This is not primarily KitStalk-specific, but those looking to install new versions of KitStalk need to know this information.   I'm posting it here in hopes that it might help some folks.  Feel free to point out any errors or omissions. 

GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT BOOTLOADER

Verizon's KitKat 4.4.2 update includes a new bootloader.

The bootloader is code that runs when the phone is first started.  Its job is to load the Android operating system.  ROMs contain copies of the operating system.  ROMs must be compatible with the bootloader that start them.

Newer ROMs, including KitStalk versions after 20140620 require the new KitKat bootloader that was included in Verizon's update.  Older ROMs require the older JellyBean bootloader.

The only way to install the new KitKat bootloader is to install the Verizon 4.4.2 update.  If you are running a non-stock ROM, the only way to install this update is from a "FXZ" which stands for Fastboot XML Zip file.  Installing an FXZ completely overwrites all areas of the phone:  the bootloader, the ROM, the recovery, and the radio.  (If you are running a stock ROM, you may be able to apply an over-the-air OTA update.)

You must use a Motorola program named RSD Lite to install a FXZ file.

So to install a FXZ file you must have all of the following:

1) FXZ file itself
2) RSD Lite program
3) USB drivers for your phone.

Once you have these prerequisites, the basic procedure is to:

1) Boot phone into Fastboot mode and connect it to your PC
2) Launch RSD Lite as Administrator
3) Click "Browse", and navigate to the FXZ file
4) Click "Start", and wait about 5 minutes for the flash to complete

If you have the right files, and the flashing process doesn't get interrupted, this is a pretty safe and simple way to get your phone back to a specific factory version.

HOWEVER, remember that there are inherent risks in going to a specific factory version:  1) Since the bootloader will be overwritten, it may be re-locked, and there may be no way to unlock it,  2) Since the radio will be overwritten, the SIM card carrier may be re-locked, and there may be no way to unlock it, 3) Since the ROM will be overwritten, you will lose root, and there may be no way to get it back, 4) Since the recovery will be overwritten, you will need to re-install a custom recovery, and you will need the bootloader unlocked to do so.

So while it is "safe" to "FXZ" your phone back to a factory, if you want to preserve your unlocked access you need to be careful that you aren't installing a version that will lock you out.  The good news is that "FXZ" should always be possible, regardless of having root or an unlocked bootloader, so as long as you have a copy of an old FXZ file with a version that you know how to unlock, you should be able to fall back and re-unlock as you had previously done.

Carriers often try to keep you from installing non-factory system software on your phone, either to protect you from malicious software, to minimize their support costs, to prevent you from damaging your phone, or to lock you in to their services and branding.  They can accomplish this by locking the bootloader, and they employ encryption to lock the bootloader.  In other words, it is not a simple thing to unlock a locked bootloader.  But having an unlocked bootloader is important if you want the freedom to fully access your phone.  Take care that you don't lose the ability to unlock your bootloader.

SPECIFIC RAZR M (XT907) INFORMATION

Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss) did some amazing work figuring out how to unlock the original factory bootloader of the Razr M.  Read his story here:  

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Unfortunately, in July 2013 Motorola rolled out OTA updates that updated the bootloader and prevented Dan's unlock method from working.  Users that purchased their Razr M's after July 2013 or that received the OTA update had no way to unlock their bootloader, and thus no way to install a custom recovery.

Surprisingly when Motorola released the KitKat 4.4.2 update, the new bootloader could once again be unlocked by Dan's method!  This was a big surprise, and has been the subject of speculation as to how this came to happen:  an accident on the part of Motorola?  A sneaky employee?  Intentional?  In any case, this is a good thing for those that want an unlocked bootloader.

Additionally, if you have unlocked your radio / SIM card so that the phone can be used on other carriers, installing the FXZ image will re-lock the radio.  However, the radio can in fact be re-unlocked after the update: another thing that should not be taken for granted, but is good news for users.

So the bottom line for Razr M users is that it is in fact possible to FXZ to the stock KitKat 4.4.2, and then unlock the bootloader.

This means that if you are on a pre 6/21/2014 version of KitStalk, and thus have an unlocked bootloader (but the old Jelly Bean bootloader), and you want to update to a newer version of the ROM, you can in fact FXZ to the stock KitKat 4.4.2, unlock the bootloader, install the custom recovery, and then install the latest versions of the ROM.

PREREQUISITES

USB Drivers:  

RSD Lite 6.1.5:  

FXZ File:  

(download the 4.4.2 version)
TWRP Recovery:  

KitStalk (any version later than 20140621):  

GApps (newest version for your ROM):
  Stock:

Other flavors:  

To unlock bootloader:

INSTRUCTIONS

1) Download prerequisites.  Install USB drivers and RSD Lite.
2) Boot phone to fastboot mode, launch RSD lite, and flash the FXZ file

3) Unlock the bootloader

4) Install TWRP Recovery
5) Boot into recovery, and install KitStalk ROM.  Follow instructions in original post at:

6) Install GApps (most recent for your ROM version)

7) (optional) Unlock Carrier / SIM

CONCLUSION

I hope this compilation of information will help some folks.  None of it is original work on my part:  I've just tried to keep track of the work of others as I have pieced together my understanding of working with the Razr M.

• nprevette420 and dark-blue like this

#1290 nate2010

nate2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

ok..second day of usage and it seems about like the first. it still seems like "android OS" is using far more battery than it should. going to post screenshots of battery usage , is everyone else getting something resembling this?? and yes i know the screen time on is pretty high, but still, as a percentage, the OS is seriously pulling juice.

#1291 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

ok..second day of usage and it seems about like the first. it still seems like "android OS" is using far more battery than it should. going to post screenshots of battery usage , is everyone else getting something resembling this?? and yes i know the screen time on is pretty high, but still, as a percentage, the OS is seriously pulling juice.

Have you tried my tips for battery life? I posted a few days back. Changing the WiFi scan interval and changing the Governor/IO scheduler.

I am making a fresh build for 7-03 with a few changes on how it gets built. I hope this fixes a few of the problems that people are having. Update will be out soon.

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#1292 nate2010

nate2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

this is with your suggested governer/IO settings. and I turn wifi off and only back on when i know i have a point to connect to, I dont leave it on and let it just scan. Not complaining at all, this is a great ROM, and battery life is sufficient for what I need, its just shorter than what I'd like. Really just putting this stuff here so you guys can see im not crazy when I say its acting a little weird. passing on the information and such. Thanks for all the work.

• nprevette420 likes this

#1293 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

My governor and io is set appropriately and my android OS is killer. This was with WiFi on only when I had good WiFi signal

36.75KB   22 downloads Sent from my RAZR M xt907 (KitStalk) using Tapatalk
Moto X 2014 Pure Edition Unlocked on Pure Rooted 5.1
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Some ROM
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3 Unofficial/Stable

#1294 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

Update posted

Changelog

- Usual under the hood stuff

- Changed the way it builds (hoping it will fix bugs and help battery life)

MD5 - 631f9ffba606b2448c5c86491736db78

• Techn9ne1730 and xKroniK13x like this

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#1295 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

Update posted

Changelog
- Usual under the hood stuff
- Changed the way it builds (hoping it will fix bugs and help battery life)

MD5 - 631f9ffba606b2448c5c86491736db78

Dirty flashable?

Sent from my RAZR M xt907 (KitStalk) using Tapatalk

Moto X 2014 Pure Edition Unlocked on Pure Rooted 5.1
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Some ROM
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3 Unofficial/Stable

#1296 Techn9ne1730

Techn9ne1730

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

My governor and io is set appropriately and my android OS is killer. This was with WiFi on only when I had good WiFi signal http://www.droidrzr.com/public/style_images/dark_matter/attachicon.gif

WiFi drains less battery then cell. Actually if your on wifi only for extended period turning airplane mode on before wifi will provide even better battery.

#1297 Techn9ne1730

Techn9ne1730

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

Dirty flashable?

Given the type of changes I would advise a clean flash regardless.
  • xKroniK13x likes this

#1298 nate2010

nate2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:28 PM

If we do a full clean flash, will that invalidate the "FXZ" method GPS fix?

#1299 dark-blue

dark-blue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

just wondering...

any people here using dual / multi bbm ???

if there is, since last night [since i migrate to KK BL] my dual bbm stop working.

is it because i migrate, or because something else?

Note: [im on 7/1]

-still experiencing wifi off by itself n cant be turn on until reboot.

-the duplicate audio list [only one of them make sound]

#1300 Slickademo

Slickademo

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:56 AM

Anyone do a quadrant standard benchmark with this ROM yet? How's the performance? I think I'm about ready to update :) As long as Bluetooth and gps work...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xt907, razr m, scorpion mini, kit kat, 4.4, moto msm8960, 4.4.4, kitkat, unified, moto_msm8960

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users