Photo

[ROM][4.4.4][KitKat][MSM8960 Unified] KitStalk 4.4.4.075

xt907 razr m scorpion mini kit kat 4.4 moto msm8960 4.4.4 kitkat unified moto_msm8960

• Please log in to reply
2288 replies to this topic

#1261 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:47 PM

Did you change anything on WiFi?
Yesterday I flash your unofficial OSE - it have much more stronger WiFi... ))

Nothing has been changed, they should be the same.
  • Noigel likes this

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#1262 Noigel

Noigel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Ivano-Frankivs`k
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M XT907 / Motorola Razr I XT890

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:29 AM

Thats what happened with notification sounds - 

Attached Files

Motorola Droid Razr M XT907 / ROM: KitStalk by GraberRoms

post-103018-0-11429500-1388984908_thumb.

#1263 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:56 AM

Still on the 7-01 build? I haven't had time to flash it yet

#1264 Noigel

Noigel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:32 AM

Still on the 7-01 build? I haven't had time to flash it yet

yes... (

On 0630 I have only TWO same names of sounds :)))) Now I have 4! )))

+ only one-two of those sound plays.. O_o

Plus - after reboot system selects another sound... silent sound with same nameO_x

Attached Files

#1265 nate2010

nate2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:40 AM

Thats the one thing I havent tried, mainly because it looks seriously complicated. Downloading the "FXZ" for the google play edition (not even sure if thats the right grammar). I'm looking at the flash instructions on XDA and not really sure whats going on... anyone want to take the time to do a step by steb walkthrough for the newb?

#1266 nate2010

nate2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:01 AM

I mean I've got the 6.1.6 RSD installed, the FXZ of the GPE downloaded, and im looking at the XML file...im just not sure what i need to modify and whether im going to have to try to figure out how to re-root/re-unlock the BL if i run this. edit: also i have the correct TWRP 2.7.1. image (the one im using now), maybe just stick that in place of the stock recovery.img and let RSD flash that straight in along with the GPE? will that even work?

#1267 Noigel

Noigel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:17 AM

I mean I've got the 6.1.6 RSD installed, the FXZ of the GPE downloaded, and im looking at the XML file...im just not sure what i need to modify and whether im going to have to try to figure out how to re-root/re-unlock the BL if i run this. edit: actually, even editing this .XML file is stumping me, i can open it with internet explorer, but cant edit.

Wrong thread... )) But... 

1. Download

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

2. Download GPE from XDA

3. Flash official FW (after RSD decompress it you must go to decompressed folder and edit VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml  (you can use notepad++ for it) delete 

<step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />

from xml
4. On RSD select mofified XML. Flash it. 
5. Go to bootloader and flash GPE with RSD too!
6. Run GPE, say "what the #####??" or something like this... 
7. Flash TWRP or CWM 
8. Flash any ROM maked by Graber Roms (KitStalk) or OSE
9. Enjoi! 

#1268 nate2010

nate2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:28 AM

ack still questions but I guess im in the wrong thread, ill go track down the correct one. thanks !!

• Noigel likes this

#1269 dark-blue

dark-blue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:08 AM

Wrong thread... )) But... 

1. Download

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

2. Download GPE from XDA

3. Flash official FW (after RSD decompress it you must go to decompressed folder and edit VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml  (you can use notepad++ for it) delete 

<step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />

from xml
4. On RSD select mofified XML. Flash it. 
5. Go to bootloader and flash GPE with RSD too!
6. Run GPE, say "what the #####??" or something like this... 
7. Flash TWRP or CWM 
8. Flash any ROM maked by Graber Roms (KitStalk) or OSE
9. Enjoi! 

what i get from these steps is, that u flash a "rom" twice right? the official 442 and the GPE... why is that?

#1270 josetheman38

josetheman38

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationsa tx
  • Current Device(s):razr m

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:21 AM

Hey OP developer, many thanks for this ROM. It's great, except for the couple of bugs that I know will be ironed out sooner or later!

• nprevette420 likes this

#1271 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

what i get from these steps is, that u flash a "rom" twice right? the official 442 and the GPE... why is that?

What I did was fxz to 4.4.2, reboot then go back to fastboot and flash twrp 2.7.1.0. Then backup stock. Then flash kitstalk, gapps and supersu.
  • randysw likes this

#1272 randysw

randysw

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationJamaica
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR M XT-907

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:22 AM

Quick question: does this rom support a boot sound? I want to add a boot sound to it, but I do not see "system > sounds > poweron" in the files,like in stock and some other modded roms. Can I just make the directory and add the sound there, or is it more complicated than that?

Motorola Droid RAZR M XT-907 running Kitstalk 4.4.4 ROM

#1273 nate2010

nate2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

Reporting back, did the FZX back to stock/gps lock/flash back to kitstalk and it worked! GPS is now functional. Now to just track down whats eating my battery so quickly and I'll be even more happy with this ROM. thanks for the help guys.

• nprevette420 likes this

#1274 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:50 AM

Quick question: does this rom support a boot sound? I want to add a boot sound to it, but I do not see "system > sounds > poweron" in the files,like in stock and some other modded roms. Can I just make the directory and add the sound there, or is it more complicated than that?

Never tried, I don't think you can though. Give it a try and let us know if it works.

#1275 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

Reporting back, did the FZX back to stock/gps lock/flash back to kitstalk and it worked! GPS is now functional. Now to just track down whats eating my battery so quickly and I'll be even more happy with this ROM. thanks for the help guys.

Disable NFC, go to performance settings and change governor and i/o scheduler to ondemand /deadline.
Facebook is a big drain too

#1276 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

Disable NFC, go to performance settings and change governor and i/o scheduler to ondemand /deadline.Facebook is a big drain too

My biggest drain is WiFi scanning. My WiFi at work is spotty and it has destroyed my battery the past few days. Disabled WiFi completely today and it tripled my battery life. Any way to adjust scan intervals for saved SSIDs? I changed it in beanstalk options build prop mods, but it looks like it will always search for known networks...

Sent from my RAZR M xt907 (KitStalk) using Tapatalk

Moto X 2014 Pure Edition Unlocked on Pure Rooted 5.1
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Some ROM
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3 Unofficial/Stable

#1277 randysw

randysw

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationJamaica
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR M XT-907

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

Never tried, I don't think you can though. Give it a try and let us know if it works.

Ok so i tried pasting the file in every "logical" place i could think of, no luck of boot audio. So I went back to stock 4.2.2 to have a look, and locations changed. In /system/media/ are bootanimation.zip & droidsm.ogg (in JB it was called PowerOn.mp3/ogg). I tried copy droidsm.ogg to kitstalk in the same directory but it didnt work. I assume the boot system for android runs similarly like GRUB does with linux, where theres a central script that loads everything in a certain order. Im thinking maybe if I could find this file and insert a command to load the sound that should do the trick. Any ideas?

Motorola Droid RAZR M XT-907 running Kitstalk 4.4.4 ROM

#1278 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

Yeah I didn't think it would work, can't have a boot audio.

As far as WiFi goes, if you changed the WiFi scan interval then that's all you can do. I have mine set to 180. Use a build.prop editor to make sure it got changed.

#1279 Techn9ne1730

Techn9ne1730

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

I love *stalk! I recently used Matt's utility to update to stock KK.I have tried all builds since the 23rd while using the latest TWRP. I wipe all partitions except storages several times and flash with slim gapps. I keep having problems with WiFi. It often won't pick up any networks but I know there's a ton there. I try to connect to open and private networks but it says connecting for like 30 to 60 seconds. After that it either stops or says obtaining IP but even then it fails. Sometimes I can't get in to WiFi settings if WiFi is on. If I turn WiFi off via quick settings I can then get in. Otherwise everything seems to work fine for me on the June 1st build. Stalk and OSE are my favorite ROMs ever and perform the best for me so really want to fix this.

#1280 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:52 PM

I love *stalk! I recently used Matt's utility to update to stock KK.I have tried all builds since the 23rd while using the latest TWRP. I wipe all partitions except storages several times and flash with slim gapps. I keep having problems with WiFi. It often won't pick up any networks but I know there's a ton there. I try to connect to open and private networks but it says connecting for like 30 to 60 seconds. After that it either stops or says obtaining IP but even then it fails. Sometimes I can't get in to WiFi settings if WiFi is on. If I turn WiFi off via quick settings I can then get in. Otherwise everything seems to work fine for me on the June 1st build. Stalk and OSE are my favorite ROMs ever and perform the best for me so really want to fix this.

I have no issues with WiFi. Only differance is I use a different GApps package. Get the PA Gapps MICRO from the OP. It is a liitle bigger than SLims but its more updated. The Micro is only 88MB compared to stock is around 250MB. Try another clean flash with those GApps and let me know if you get any better results.Also just to clarify, you are on TWRP 2.7.1.0?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xt907, razr m, scorpion mini, kit kat, 4.4, moto msm8960, 4.4.4, kitkat, unified, moto_msm8960

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users