Photo

Obsidian's for JB OTA /UPDATE/FXZ/RSD/ROMS/ROOT(wip)/Threads/Guides/SafeStrap/***

bionic ics leak rom safestrap obsidian root

• Please log in to reply
641 replies to this topic

#361 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts
  • Twitter:@Obsidian_22

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

Does the 3.4 or 3.5 safestrap link work? Ive tried it and it doesnt. Also 2.11 does not work on Eclipse any suggestions?

Umm I don't know why they aren't working for you. Try them again. They take you to Hashcode0f's blog page and download section. If you can't get it hit me on gtalk and I'll send you a dropbox link

Obsidiansemail@gmail.com is my gtalk account

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
OG ---------> DX ----------> Bionic

#362 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

Updated 2nd post... Cleaned it up like I did the OP yesterday

#363 TragicRemedy

TragicRemedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Curious due to the new JB leak for the RAZR HD. Which phones are close enough to the Bionic hardware wise that a JB leak on another phone might help make a more stable JB build for the Bionic.

Such as the camera from another leak or is a leak for another phone no help for us.

#364 matthewleecochran

matthewleecochran

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

I just want to say thank you for taking the time to create this thread... As I am beginning to learn more about the actual workings of what I do to my phone because I really want to create my own themes and such, though this doesn't talk about that it is a very useful and well written thread. From what I have been learning and doing I take my hats off to all DEV's because it takes soooo much time to do some of the things they do. Thanks again.
  • correarc1 likes this

#365 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

Curious due to the new JB leak for the RAZR HD. Which phones are close enough to the Bionic hardware wise that a JB leak on another phone might help make a more stable JB build for the Bionic.

Such as the camera from another leak or is a leak for another phone no help for us.

Our locked bootloader kind of prevents a lot of that. If our kernel/radio doesn't work well with items there's no way to edit it. But all things android are apps so porting over a moto jb camera app might help out but the Razr HD will obviously be running motoblur jb where we will be running aosp.

Somethings do work, somethings don't and the only man that can fully answer that and implement what he says is the Moto hardware god Hashcode :-) If I talk to him soon I'll relay that question his way :-)

#366 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

I just want to say thank you for taking the time to create this thread... As I am beginning to learn more about the actual workings of what I do to my phone because I really want to create my own themes and such, though this doesn't talk about that it is a very useful and well written thread. From what I have been learning and doing I take my hats off to all DEV's because it takes soooo much time to do some of the things they do. Thanks again.

Glad you like it. Theming is really taking on a life of it's own with Theme Chooser being added to virtually every aosp rom the market for good themers has been blown wide open. I would love to see some themes for some blur roms though... I'd add links to those but with the crazy amount of ics/jb themes it'd be almost redundant, though if you'd like to talk themes with people on this thread I'm cool with that

#367 WIDOWMAKER

WIDOWMAKER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Glad you like it. Theming is really taking on a life of it's own with Theme Chooser being added to virtually every aosp rom the market for good themers has been blown wide open. I would love to see some themes for some blur roms though... I'd add links to those but with the crazy amount of ics/jb themes it'd be almost redundant, though if you'd like to talk themes with people on this thread I'm cool with that

Awesome...

so lets get started shall we??... lol I have a issue that I could use some help on... Could be a noob thing IDK.

I took phone.apk opened with 7zip. I then copied out the drawable-hdmi and drawable-mdpi. I looked in the mipmap folders but did not see any of the icons. Ok so then I open the drawable files and found the dock Icon that I wanted to change. opened it with gimp and made the changes to it that I wanted... IE deleted the icon and inserted my own. I did this for both folders the took said files and inserted them into the phone.apk zip overwriting the older files. Moved over to phone. tried installing but failed. So I made back up of phone.apk with Titanium backup then froze and tried again. failed. uninstalled original phone.apk and tried mine. Failed again. Not sure if I messed up the signature or what. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

FLYINGJELLY Razr

#368 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

Awesome...

so lets get started shall we??... lol I have a issue that I could use some help on... Could be a noob thing IDK.

I took phone.apk opened with 7zip. I then copied out the drawable-hdmi and drawable-mdpi. I looked in the mipmap folders but did not see any of the icons. Ok so then I open the drawable files and found the dock Icon that I wanted to change. opened it with gimp and made the changes to it that I wanted... IE deleted the icon and inserted my own. I did this for both folders the took said files and inserted them into the phone.apk zip overwriting the older files. Moved over to phone. tried installing but failed. So I made back up of phone.apk with Titanium backup then froze and tried again. failed. uninstalled original phone.apk and tried mine. Failed again. Not sure if I messed up the signature or what. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

Download APK tool to do your editing with. Search for it on xda. Really easy to extract and decompile apk's which reduces errors you get when just using a zip program.

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#369 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

Download APK tool to do your editing with. Search for it on xda. Really easy to extract and decompile apk's which reduces errors you get when just using a zip program.

I completely agree... Thanks for helping him out Root :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#370 jcwilliams

jcwilliams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

Great write up! Subscribed.
Thanks

#371 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

Great write up! Subscribed.
Thanks

Glad you like it :-) I remember back in the day when I had to search everywhere for files just because there were soooooo many dead links and the threads creator didn't delete the thread. So I will continue to keep this thing alive even when I get a new phone

Don't pm or dm me, Gtalk me if you have an issue, I don't bite obsidiansemail@gmail.com
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

#372 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

Glad you like it :-) I remember back in the day when I had to search everywhere for files just because there were soooooo many dead links and the threads creator didn't delete the thread. So I will continue to keep this thing alive even when I get a new phone

Don't pm or dm me, Gtalk me if you have an issue, I don't bite obsidiansemail@gmail.com

Definitely won't forget that email ;)

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#373 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

Definitely won't forget that email ;)

lololz

Posted Image

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

#374 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

Definitely won't forget that email

lololz

Lol... That's why I created a email just for "Obsidian" he can always disappear or become someone else that's never heard of the Bionic :-)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

#375 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

I always hated finding apps and such that only worked for an older version of the stock ROM, or realizing that you couldn't root because you had the wrong exploit files. There was no "one stop shop" for CURRENT information before this mysterious Obsidian character

Lol... That's why I created a email just for "Obsidian" he can always disappear or become someone else that's never heard of the Bionic :-)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

You have no idea how much I wish I had done that when I first got into this :P The ability to vanish or become a new person entirely is appealing

Or, you probably do actually.

#376 correarc1

correarc1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

Hey guys,

Unfortunately, for financial reasons I'm moving to Sprint. This means, no more Bionic. This means, no more Bionic community. That said, would anyone be able to point me to where I can find the equivalent to the Bionic section in Droidrzr.com but for the Samsung S3? I would love to find their equivalent to Obsidian's page, to be honest, but that might be hoping for too much.

Anyways, can anyone point me in the right direction?

#377 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Hey guys,

Unfortunately, for financial reasons I'm moving to Sprint. This means, no more Bionic. This means, no more Bionic community. That said, would anyone be able to point me to where I can find the equivalent to the Bionic section in Droidrzr.com but for the Samsung S3? I would love to find their equivalent to Obsidian's page, to be honest, but that might be hoping for too much.

Is there even one? I thought it was just the RAZR, and only recently the Bionic as well. You may want to check romdroidhacks, rootzwiki, or XDA

#378 correarc1

correarc1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

Is there even one? I thought it was just the RAZR, and only recently the Bionic as well. You may want to check romdroidhacks, rootzwiki, or XDA

Thanks man. I'll keep looking.

#379 dfib

dfib

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter:Dfib1

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

This is a very good forum

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• Int_Rnd_Pooka and correarc1 like this

#380 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

Hey guys,

Id say this is your best bet,

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• Int_Rnd_Pooka and correarc1 like this

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bionic, ics, leak, rom, safestrap, obsidian, root

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users